Suggestion - Cheese play

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Suggestion - Cheese play

Ok, recently many of our newbie owners have been infuriating many on this board with their play. Some would say its plain cheesy, but at the least its very borderline. Just ask Nate about this, as he is getting beyond frustrated.

To be honest, I am VERY disappointed in our newbie scrim guy Gaddy. Either he has a completely different view of what is sim, or he is not doing enough to test these guys out when scrimming them. I have pesonally allowed three players into the league.....Emmdotfrisk, Pit-Rocks, and TankWillis and I will stand by all three. Compare what I allow in to some of the others that have been here and you'll see the difference.

What I propose is having Nate himself take charge of newbie scrims. Gaddy's job hasn't been up to snuff, and with how we have re-arranged the board his responsibilities are a lot less now. I think we should change it so that Nate has the first right to scrim any newbies. If he can't do it then he can ask for somebody else to scrim....but I think he should have the first chance to do this now. I bet it will help eliminate the cheesy guys we get accepted into the league.

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Wow, nice recruiting on those players, especially Emmo. Seems like a good player and guy. I think that Nate scrimming them in would be a good idea. He is usually a little tougher on cheesing so it would be good for him to evaluate the level of cheese before they get in.

3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

hahaha, slick idea guys!!

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I wouldnt put the blame on gaddy. These new guys could easily be playing one way vs Gaddy and a totally different way once in the league.

With that being said, I think Nate being the scrimmage guy for newbs is a great idea.

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

This is true jeremy, I let one guy in after a scrim, i think it was Fresh_UC. The problem is when you play these guys they will suck up to you and do everything you ask. Even that means tanking the game and losing 40-7. I believe thats what happened in our game but I think fresh was good but had issues and had to leave the league for other reasons.

Its something that probably can't be stopped until all the cheesers are weeded out. I suggest Nate does the scrims or sets them up with other people. Or tell Gaddy to starting doing it better.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I disagree. A, i have no urge or want to, to become the scrim person. I won't do it. Gaddy should keep doing it. Even if they play me it doesnt mean they aren't cheesy. Mustangs right on about this. Theres not much we can do other than talk with Gaddy about our issues and ask him to try his best to help.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I've talked with Gaddy and we are trying to clean this up. I don't know that there is a hardcore perfect solution, but we can keep trying.

8. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Any help that gaddy needs, I can step in on. I hate cheeses players and I am usually looking to get some extra SIM games in anyway. I can not take online play anymore outside of the league. I can help with subbing too. No, I do not have a life since I have had my current gfriend. lol