Suggestion for the board regarding the cap

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Oct 17, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I was waiting to win a game to make this suggestion so I didn't seem whiny, but this is something that is very important to me and would really appreciate you discussing. As you know I have the Ravens. They, by default run a 3-4 defense. I like the modifier rule in the salary cap, but I hate running the 3-4 defense. I don't think it is as affective in the game. I prefer a 4-3 defense by far. I tried to change my defense and change Suggs from an OLB to a DE and Ngata from a RE to a DT as the rules say because of my preference. I went from 9 million under the cap to over the cap. I accepted the fact that I would be over the cap and asked if in the offseasI really don't like that there is no way with the modifiers to change your defense from a 3-4 to a 4-3 without a penalty that is so high that it is basically impossible. Is there any way that we can alert you that we want to change or defense in the offseason so that there is not such a penalty? I really want to switch to a 4-3 and I think it is unrealistic that the modifier rule will not allow me to. I understand a switch midseason not being allowed, but how about if we alert you in the offseason, it is ok? This would change the way I address free agency, the draft and trades. I want to build a 4-3 defense and feel really trapped because Madden made my Ravens defense a 3-4 when released. What do you think?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I will throw some ideas around to the board and see if we can find a way to make this work.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Thanks buddy

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think the biggest problem with your current situation Web is that you have lots of talent. For teams with lower overalls, changing position isn't a huge issue. I would suggest maybe doing one of those changes you want (either Suggs or Ngata), but not both, until the offseason. Or fall in love with a 3-4.

Personally I would rather run a 3-4 than a 4-3. But it's not for everyone.

I would love to get with Jeremy and discuss the possibility of position changes...changing....if that makes sense. Sense most of our position changes seem to involve the defense, I have an idea, but I am worried my thought will make the cap book more complicated, which is NOT what I want to advocate right now.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

I understand your frustration Web, however there is really no way for us to have an effective cap system (no matter which system we use) if we allow unregulated position changes.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Just to update, Web, while we are not looking at changing position rules, per se, we are looking at modifiers and how some things may change with those which could possibly help. This along with a small change in position rules as far as timing should help out if our discussions go well (which they are).

We'll roll it out soon we hope.

7. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Sounds good. Appreciate you guys taking the time.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I apologize for the lack of activity on this one. Position changes are not my forte as far as rules go. I think though if discussions go well the league will benefit from the discussion we had. So hopefully everyone can benefit from your feedback. :)