Suggestion - Offseason Advance Schedule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Suggestion - Offseason Advance Schedule

Ok here is my proposal for our offseason advance schedule. Let's be honest....with so few games a 5 day advance window is too lon for the league. The owners who didn't make the playoffs could be sitting around for 3 weeks doing nothing....we will lose too many owners that way.

Here is my proposal for our advance schedule. If we adopt this I will post it right away.

WILD CARD ROUND - 3 day advance
    DIVISIONAL ROUND - 3 day advance
    CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 2 day advance
    OMFL BOWL - 2 day advance

This means our playoffs will take 10 days.....should be plenty of time. What do you think?

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Love it. I agree that it should be shorter. If I remember right, we lost some owners last year.

3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Sounds good Lap. Any owners we lost last season because of the offseason are owners we don't want here IMO.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I hate to be a debbie downer here but the 5-day advance rate was pushing me to the limit on getting my games in. No way I could handle the 3 day.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

We'll you won't have to worry since you'll be out after Round 1 anyways :D haha

In all seriousness tho, I'm just thinking about the league as a whole. 5 days per advance times 4 rounds of playoffs means 20 days of playoffs, then anther 14 days for offseason. Might mean 34 days 'off' for some owners. Not sure if our league would survive that. . .

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree with dunlap on this one....the advance rate not that you will be out in the first round. lol. Sorry Jeremy.

7. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

As a non playoff team, I welcome sitting around and doing nothing for 3 weeks.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Haha. This is why we have a board. Need Sammy, Mustang, and Nate to weigh in. Just remember it'll probably be 4-5 weeks without a game on our current schedule....not 3 Claven ;)

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

League survived it last year.

10. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Well I like the idea. The playoffs should have a faster advance simply because theres only like 3 rounds and theres only 12 teams altogether. Then it dwindles down. 4 games, 4 games, 2 games, 1 game. Thats it, people should be able to comminucate and get that down quickly. Were not waiting on 16 games, thats a big difference. Although I do understand Jeremy has a rough sched.. and I had to lose a superbowl at 9 am with the bitch in my ear!!

11. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

You have to think about the toilet bowl, those games have to be squeezed in too?

12. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

The more the merrier. :)

13. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am totally against this and suggest we do not go with this. If we do, I may use my 'executive' power to shoot it down. 5 days is max. We push to get these playoff games done sooner, but no one is sitting around doing nothing if your in the playoffs. They are ready to play just like we are ready for them to get done with it. I am good with speeding up the other stuff in the other thread, but not advances on games.