Suggestion on Trade Points involving Picks Only

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Coach KO, May 25, 2011.

1. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I think we mulled this over before but I wanted to bring it up again.

I think it would be a good idea to allow trades that involve picks only to cost zero trade points. I would like to implement that for this offseason.

It allows for some movement during the draft especially if you see a player drop and you want to move up.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Here is where I will blame West....

Originally, they were 0 points. Until West's first draft...when he went draft pick trade happy and had about 3 or 4 deals working on draft day to trade up/down. Nate said enough and made them cost 1 point even with just picks involved.

I'm for 0 points for picks only trades. However, if we did that, we would have to watch the forum draft's speed and make sure that people don't stall to try to make deals for picks. Which becomes more of a logistical headache for the board.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

If we put a time limit on the forum start and only allow trading during the forum drafts that would work. If your time is up and you miss you get skipped and can make your pick at any time just like the NFL but you still pay for the slot you missed the pick at.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The only thing I don't like about that is where do you draw the line timewise? I mean, it's not fair to me if we time it for, say, 2 hours, and I am at work/asleep/etc. during my 2 hour window.

If we do it from say 9 am central time (7 am pacific) to say 2 am central (12 am pacific), that would satisfy me.

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

You guys know that God works on EDT right? Win, how do you feel it went in the WFL? I didnt see people stalling much. I didnt think it was stalling based on proposed deals. If any stalling was done, it was done because those picking were not around.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That is why I do not like a time limit on picks on forum draft. At least not the small window we gave there (30 min). Sorry, but that was ridiculous.

I'd say minimum of an hour per pick. The time limit itself is not fair to guys that work/can't stay on forums all day that may miss out on their player because they can't post/can't see forums.

Personally I'd say no time limit if it were me. But it is a democracy.

7. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

i agree with no time limit. That's not to say we couldnt push people along.

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am still against it, but that's why we have a whole committee here.

9. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Time limit or not are we allowing picks for picks to be no points again? Or are we putting it to a vote or keeping it at 1 pt?

10. natedawg212000

i can be brought to a vote.

I am a no, leave at 1 point.

11. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I am a yes, lets switch to zero points involving picks only.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I would say zero points again being the last year of the franchise. If it flops again we can go back for 12 to 1 point.

13. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Keep it at 1pt.
    We moved the total trade points from 8 to 10 to allow more trading. I think we are good where we stand.

14. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Who is official rule committee?

15. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Jeremy you are the head of the rules, Nate has deciding vote if needed and Dave,KO, Win, and myself also get a vote.

BTW I think we can address this again for 12 but I do not trust these clowns to not start trading picks like mad men and get out of control in the final season so for now I vote to keep it at 1 pt.

16. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

At this point majority in favor of keeping 1 point (3-1, 5 voters total).

17. natedawg212000

since we have really dwindled down the groups, we can all vote on everything if you guys want?