Suggestions for '14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeGeNd RiPs, Jun 20, 2013.

1. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

So, I know that I'm a brand new member of the dynasty, but I just wanted to contribute and see what kind of suggestions any of you guys had to wake up the forums. In one of the other dynasties I was in on TSO, we had one guy make an "All-Dynasty" team, taking the best players from each position from each team at the end of each season. Just like an All-Conference team, but only with user teams. Also, we had a "League MVP". I did this one myself. I ran it just like the Heisman. I made big write ups each week as well. It would start with the top 5 players in the country(from users) and I would change it, weekly, according to each players performance. At conference championships, I would hold a private vote (Each user would give me their vote, in a PM, for the best player left on the top 5) and I would realease the results the next week, with the winner.

These are just some fun suggestions. Feel free to agree, or rebuttal. It's jiust an enjoyable way to generate some activity in the forums. Looking forward to the season, guys.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Any sort of content is appreciated. I know that Chopper has been doing awesome weekly previews for us, but we havent historically been content heavy.

3. LeGeNd RiPs

That's cool. I don't know about you guys, but I just enjoy some good forum content.

4. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I like the idea of an all-user All-American type team. That sounds pretty legit. And yeah, chopper393 has some some excellent weekly previews in the past. We'll figured out how much people are willing to do once the season hits! I love board activity - makes the dynasty that much more fun.

5. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yea, the activity on the forum is what makes OD's so much fun. Unfortunately, I'm one of the slackers who doesn't do much of it. It's a combination for me of being absolutely clueless on how to make good looking content on the forums and the time crunch. I'm definetly going to try to do as much as I can because it adds to the immersion when we get to really know each other's teams and players.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

When I was in the Legacy I did some all user teams. Doesn't take long to do, but it does provide some good forum talk. I am a Vegas guy so it would be cool to have some picks based on spreads or BCS odds. Maybe have recruiting bonuses for winners ect.

• Like Like x 2
  7. LeGeNd RiPs

I would love to do the all user MVP.