Suggestions for ways to get ready for league play?

Discussion in 'New Member Lounge' started by Sdtexas4, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Sdtexas4

Sdtexas4 Walk On

Suggestions for ways to get ready for league play?

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for ways I can practice or prepare for league play. Rather than just starting out with a league and getting my butt kicked without knowing the ropes. Any suggestions?

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol... knowing the ropes will not keep you from getting your butt kicked around here. I know from experience... :-(

3. Sdtexas4

Sdtexas4 Walk On

Alright....Well any suggestions on ways I can start playing with the ways of the Tradition.

4. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

u could try and find some guys who will play you unranked to get better. But honestly playing the game itself, keeping SIM rules in mind will get you better.

Even against NON-SIM guys in rank games, I can beat now because sim style actually helps u play better.

and also, when you join a league, playing that first year and getting your butt kicked is good practice too.

You start to learn how to not get beat, or the drive from getting beat makes you practice more

5. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

speaking as a new guy myself the first thing to do is find a difficult set of sliders used in some of the Premier Leagues like the Good the Bad and the Nasty (GBN) and practice with those sliders in your offine dynasty. I play with Buffalo and slowly getting more competitive at first I was getting my ass handed to me...I kinda still do but the games are getting closer and next season my team will be better. Thats where the fun is, in improving through experience...good luck