Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Oct 7, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Suggestions?

There seems to be a lack of motivation in this league and people have been dropping with a pretty high frequency. I know a lot of this is due to people being in too many leagues and having to drop one.

That being said, I want to see what you guys think.

Should we keep going as we are now?

Should I open all the teams up and allow people to be whomever they want after this season?

Should we start over?

Should we change up the format of the league to where there are more conferences involved and less user games?

I'm open to suggestions and conversations amongst you guys. Let's see what you think.

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I dont know man.. I'm not a big fan of restarting but you can probably guess why. It doesn't matter to me, this thing just seems like it's on it's last leg here. If people want other teams, go for it, I don't have a problem with that at all.

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sorry, Ive been away for much more pressing issues. We have some new guys I know that so we need to get in a routine. I would LOVE to switch teams though. It will definately keep my interest very, very high.

4. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Being a new member it is hard to give suggestions since idk how everyone else feels or there frequency of the boards. I feel confident in whatever decision you make and we will run with it.

5. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

Im down for whatever, NC State is strugglin but im having a good time with it and consider myself activeish enough.

6. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I would not want to leave Florida either considering the recruiting class you bring in every year.

7. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I think a restart would be an awful idea and would send a message to those who have stuck with the league even with all the drops that they are not valued in this dynasty. I'm all for letting people switch as I will just stick with VT.

We just need to commitment from the new guys coming in that they will not just come in and then leave 3 weeks later. Some stability is what will refresh this league.

8. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Im not one for committing to something and then going back on that. Joining this league is a committment that I made and I will stick with that as long as you all will have me. I want nothing more than to see this dynasty to take off and become one of the best on here.

9. shibdib

Im not going anywhere without a legit reason... which may happen in december with a deployment to new mexico to work the border... but thats still a ways away

10. AJ Hart MN

It was at one point then people just suddenly decided that since Nautica wasn't around that they would drop.

Soda has done a great job trying to keep everyone here interested and I think he'll do an awesome job once we get back to 12 committed guys.

I'm all for letting guys jump to new teams if they so desire. If that's what it's gonna take for this league to flourish again, then let's do it. The guys that have been here since day 1 should get the first choices though based on seniority. I am happy to stay pat in Gainesville. I can't walk out on these kids I have recruited, nor would I want to.. lol

11. SodaAddict

Alright, so what I'm seeing so far is that we don't want to restart, which makes me happy because I hate restarts and I have yet to make it to a 3rd season on this site without one lol.

However, what do you guys think about the main format? Is it good to continue forcing people to be the same teams and conferences or should we open it up a little more?

Like, should we consider adding the Big 12, for example and having 4/4/4 splits with 2/2/2/2/2/2 divisions to lessen the amount of user games?

12. AJ Hart MN

You're the boss man, I think opening up the choice for teams would be a good idea. Let everyone get a team they want and think they can compete with.. or at least have a chance at their favorite team.

13. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I like that idea of 2 in each division like you mentioned. Users need to know that with less user games that there is really no excuse for not getting the cpu games in.

AJH has a good point of picking teams, I believe that would get a lot of activity out of the members that we have now and ones that may want to join in the future.

14. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I like the league. However, their is one team I want more than the Tigers...I'm from Tallahassee. :)

15. shibdib

Just tell me what conference you need me to move too and ill pick a team.

16. PAgamer07

So what are we doing? Id like to know if we can switch. Ill be switching to the Canes if allowed and id like to know before I beat them this week.

17. SodaAddict

I'm still working that out. Go ahead and play like normal because it might take a couple of days for a final decision.

18. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I am very against the 6 conferences of 2 teams choice, it takes away the competitiveness of the league. Everyone will just have undefeated and 1-loss seasons because everyone goes into computer games pretty much having a strong belief that they will win. I actually like playing users because it gives me at least 4-5 games a season that I know I have to win to even be in the discussion to win the National Championship. Yes it isn't always the easiest to get the user vs. user games in right away, but we can all work on that by making more effort to establish when the game will be played right away. That is just my 2 cents.

19. PAgamer07

If youre worried about people going undefeated: Sliders, OOC head to head games and strength of schedule is the way to go here.

20. SodaAddict

I think you misread. I said 3 conferences with 2-2-2-2-2-2 split in divisions as a possibility. That is as opposed to the current format where we have 2 conferences with 3-3-3-3 split in divisions.

21. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I just want MY NOLES.

22. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Is there a possibility of a vote on this little situation we have.

23. SodaAddict

Yeah I will get one up.