Summaries and Game scheduling..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bringbackjimmy, Jul 19, 2011.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I would like everyone to make a game summary of their games. It doesn't have to be a novel just let the people know what happen in the game.

please schedule your games in the week advance threads so we don't get a cluster of threads and make your you tag your opponent..

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

VT- 34
    UGA- 29

This game came down to big plays and turnovers as niether teams offense was really able to sustain many TD scoring drives. The Bulldogs settled for FG's early as USC built a 24-9 halftime lead thanks to Matt Barkleys big arm with TD tosses of 57yds and 63yds. The Trojans were able to capitlize on 2 Bulldog turnovers while holding off a second half comeback and was able to run the clock out for the 34-29 victory. Barkley finished 10/23 299yds 3 TD. GG HotRod.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    GG, played extremely sloppy defense when you took shots deep. All of them should have been knockdowns but I blew it. GL rest of season.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Are adopting USC as Virginia Tech this year hokie ;) Or was that Freudian slip :confused:

5. Hokie Effect

I have VT in the Trifecta, so I decided to go West Coast, but don't worry I will take it easy on your Bruins...

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I hope so, Florida will be watching that game as my adopted Bruins of the East :)

7. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Great game...enjoyed watching! Thanks hot rod for the broadcast....

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hokie Effect

And I didn't realize this until I started recruiting, but USC is a D+ pitch for Championship. If its in the game, its in the game....

• Like Like x 1
  10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Florida - 28
    Arizona - 23

In a game littered with interceptions, the Gators hold on in Tucson for the victory. Florida held a 28-10 lead at the half and went into protection mode, and did nothing the 2nd half, allowing the Wildcats a chance to get back in the game. But with about 30 seconds to play and Cats down 5, Nick Foles threw his 4th interception of the day, sealing the victory for the Gators. 7 INT's in all (4 by ARZ, 3 for UF).

Mogriffjr gg man. I think we both have some passing things to work on. You did a hell of job stopping my run game!

Florida Stats
    QB John Brantley 9/15 256 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT
    HB Jeff Demps 19 carries, 66 yards, 2 TD
    WR Chris Rainey 3 catches, 121 yards, 0 TD
    SS Matt Elam 6 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT

11. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

Pittsburgh, PA:

Nebraska-39 Pitt-10

The blackshirt defense was in out and about for Nebraska's season opener against the Pitt Panthers. The Huskers D held the Panthers to just 81 yrds on offense while accumulating 6.5 sacks on the QB and 2 INT's, one of which was returned for a TD. Pitt came out of the gates fired up and ready but met a brick wall in the Cornhuskers defense. (HB) Rex Burkhead looked to be well on his way for 150+ yrds rushing in the first half but couldn't get his legs going in the second. Don't feel to bad for Burkhead though... he comes away as player of the game garnering over 188 all purpose yards and 2 TD's. The Nebraska offense showed promise against Pitt. For those who saw the game, it just seemed that even though they put up 39 points... the O seemed stifled and confused at times. Next week, Nebraska gears up to face off against the Florida Gators for a preseason showdown in the Sea of Red. (Game is sold out)