Summaries/Scheduling Next Season

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by Matthew Keves, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Guys,

RRah and I have had discussions about making the league better and we'll be re-emphasizing game summaries and scheduling. Since RRah already does plenty, the responsibility of keeping track of this stuff will fall to me.
    I'll have a spreadsheet that'll keep track of who's doing GOOD summaries and who's scheduling their game properly. If you fail in either regard a couple of times, expect to hear from us about it.
    I'll also be setting up scheduling threads several games in advance, so feel free to schedule several games ahead of time, especially if you have a timing issue. A big pet peeve of mine is when guys wait until day 2 of the advance window to first contact their opponents. There's no excuse for that. If you've got a tough few days coming up, you know exactly when we advance, so let you opponent know ASAP.
    Basically, nothing will change for you except that I'll be tracking who is/isn't doing a good job of writing summaries and scheduling their games.
    These things are almost as important as the games themselves and are a requirement of the league, so please get it done. Rrah and I don't like having to talk to guys about these things, so don't force us to. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Maybe everyone on a team page can post and or update what times/windows they are open during the week. That way someone can pull up who they are playing next and schedule according to their available times: Mon 5-11 cst Tue 1-11 cst and so on. If something comes up they can update it. Just a suggestion!

• Like Like x 1
  3. GDip

GDip Walk On

also, something to keep an eye on, but I seemed to be noticing quite a few more games were being simmed towards the end of the season. Maybe it was people who were out of playoff contention losing interest, and maybe a couple months into this thing, people are just not as eager to get their games in ASAP.
    but this is also something I think we should keep track of, who is getting their games played, and who isn't.

4. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

yes of course...that's a given but thanks for mentioning it

5. GDip

GDip Walk On

if we continue to see more and more simmed games though, I think a discussion should be had about making the advance period during the week longer, similar to what we discussed before the season. jmo, but 2 days during the week is pretty difficult sometimes, although it didn't really create any problems for me this past month, i was squeezing games in that made me push my schedule pretty tight.

6. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

We will see what the league wants to do in the off-season regarding advance schedules. I noticed 95% of the teams who weren't scheduling / or getting their games played were the ones who were out of playoff contention. Which emphasizes my point about guys doing this for fun. Owners should want to play whether they are 1-14 or 12-0. Keves and I did a good job I feel, of weeding out the seasonal guys, and the ones who were making games unpleasant for other owners.

7. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

I hate when that happens! If you are playing like that shit, who cares!! Its for fun and aint only about the regular season and playoff!! I am pretty sure the off-season and draft is pretty fun too.

Without knowing the league, I am pretty sure thats the case. People leaving or loosing interest because of that :/

• Like Like x 2
  8. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

I would love if we could get registered on maddendaddy.com

Seeing as how EA's website sucks, this would make it so much easier to look at stats, league transactions, and rosters. Plus the website does its own power rankings which are pretty spiffy.

9. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I've never heard of this...is it free? (lol)

10. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

It used to be LeagueDaddy back in the day and everything was manually entered after the game. It was brutal. When it says "syncs" I hope that means it pulls it offline. Could be interesting but we used to pay a bit for leaguedaddy in my old league. I would donate some to the cause if it is something the commish's think would help the league. I'm sure others would too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

I have seen a league using that website. It was kinda cool with all the season stats and everything else at glance. If its not that difficult to implement it ,I wouldn't have any problems helping out with a donation. :)

12. Elemnt

Elemnt Walk On

Who's the dude in your thumb nail?

13. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I'm dying for something that can give me (us) better boxscores and such for posting summaries. MaddenCareer.com sucks and is a pretty bare-boned site when it comes to providing league information. The one thing that NCAA football still does better is the league integration into an easily accessible web format and the awesome news-type features that the dynasties automatically create week-to-week. It's far from perfect, but Madden needs to still improve in those areas.

14. ConiglioSG

ConiglioSG Walk On

That's me. Just cleaned my laptop and it was the only pic I had. Gonna change it though :p looking for a cool vikings pic.

15. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I do too. I HATE Maddencareer.com...it's bogus..I've expressed my feelings before about the site and I am all for using maddendaddy to keep track of stats better..

• Like Like x 2