Super Bowl Summary

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by AWinkler02, Feb 21, 2013.

1. AWinkler02

AWinkler02 Walk On

Dolphins bring the Lombardi back to Miami!!!

1984, the last time the Dolphins made it to the Super Bowl. 1974, the last time Miami was able to touch the sweet Lombardi trophy. That'l a drought of 28 years since seeing the Super Bowl and 39 years from actually taking down the Super Bowl. But tonight those drought were washed away with a 24-10 victory over the New Orleans Saints. Some say defense doesn't win Super Bowls, well 2013 Miami Dolphins put that to rest because they were able to capture the win behind their D. Miami got off to a really rough start going 3 and out. The Saints were able to capitalize on their first drive taking it all the way down and Sproles finishing it off with a 2 yard touchdown run. 7-0 Saints. Once again the Dolphins wouldn't be able to move the ball at all and go 3 and out. New Orleans was able to drive all the way down to the 12 yards line before Brees would make his first mistake and most likely his worst! He aimed for Colston in the corner, Sean Smith was able to jump it and take it to the house for a 97 yard interception return. 7-7. Saints next drive would be a lost fumble by Stephens-Howling. No worries for the Saints though as they were able to pick Tannehill's very next throw. Drew Brees and Co. would drive down and get the field goal just before half making that a 10-7 Saints ball game going into halftime. New Orleans received the ball at the beginning of the second half but wasn't able to do anything with it going 3 and out. Tannehill drove his team down the field and Tannehill himself was able to finish off the drive with a 1 yard touchdown sneak, giving Miami their first lead of the game. 14-10 Dolphins. From that moment on Miami was able to capture the momentum and ride it through picking off Brees two more times, one to seal the game. With 3:00 left in the game Reggie Bush would add to the score with a 1 yard touchdown for himself, putting the Dolphins up 24-10. Who picked the game sealing interception, no other than the Super Bowl MVP himself Sean "Sugar Daddy" Smith!! The Dolphins weren't able to resign him during the regular season, but I bet your ass they will put that franchise tag on him! Coach Winkler after the game was caught saying " We knew our identity coming in and that was hard hitting and hard fought defense, I told the guys before the game that defense is what wins championships!" I dont think anyone can disagree with that man right there after watching the postseason the Dolphins had.

Hope you guys enjoy the summary was an awesome game by DirtSouthDan was scared at the start. Had my number there for awhile! Want to wish everyone a good luck next season already, I know I have the target on my back now haha

• Like Like x 3
  2. BLACKJ414

BLACKJ414 Walk On

Congrats bro. You must be pretty good if you can win a Superbowl with a rookie QB Ryan Tannehill as your QB.

• Like Like x 1