Super Bowl Sunday!!!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Feb 3, 2013.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Who ya got?

Ravens: 17
    Niners: 16

Kaep gets figured out and won't be able to run the option to its fullest potential. David Akers gets his act together to get 9 points off 3 field goals but the rest of the offense is a non factor. Joe Flacco and Torrey Smith get two big bombs (one for a score, one to set up a field goal) and down 7, "Hey diddle diddle, Ray Rice up the middle" puts the Ravens up by 1 with under 2 minutes left. Kaep gets the Niners to midfield but Ray Lewis gets a sack and Kaep runs out of time as the Ravens go out on top.

Your guy's thoughts?

2. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Honestly, that -4 for the 49ers looks really good. I think on the fast track indoors, the Baltimore D just won't be able to keep up. I think the 9ers win this one by 2 TD's and it is only 2 because Baltimore gets a garbage TD pass to Boldin in the final minutes to make it a 2 score game.

9ers - 38
    Ravens - 24

3. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

Ravens- 28
    49ers- 24

Ray Lewis becomes some sort of transormer-esqe robot machine and murders Kaepernic (allegedly)

• Like Like x 1
  4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I was sooooooo mislead and duped! Last night I watched my first NFL game in 12+ years and I only watched because I heard so much about all the read option that SF runs. What a crock because they ran almost none last night. What a waste.....

Anywho, something I saw last night really puzzled me. Not a single O-linemen for either team wore any knee braces. On the other hand, I don't recall seeing any college linemen that didn't wear 2 knee braces. Why is that? To me it makes 100% sense for every O-linemen to wear knee braces since their legs are constantly getting taken out and rolled up upon. Is blocking in the pros so much different that their knees aren't in danger? Are cut blocks not allowed in the pros?

With as strange as this seems (and I can't explain why) I noticed the lack of knee braces about 1 minute into the game and it struck me as very strange right away.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I agree. Was crazy disappointed at the lack of the Pistol Read Options. I was stoked to watch that. I too was dooped. Jim didn't stick to what got him to the Super Bowl.

On the knee brace thing, they should wear em. As a former lineman (all be it in high school) you're bent down a lot and your knees get hit a lot. Our oline coach made our guys wear knee and ankle braces.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

That makes absolute sense to me which is why it was so strange to see them without. I did a google image search on "college football offensive linemen" and pretty much every image had all of their guys in knee braces. Some NFL teams showed up in the search and none of them had braces, so it wasn't some weird superbowl only thing.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Its so hard to believe that anything about the Super Bowl would be overhyped or oversold. Shocking!