Super Bowl XLVIII

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Super Bowl XLVIII

SUPER BOWL XLVIII

Washington - Indianapolis

Washington is coming of an amazing comeback in the NFC Championship. This is Washington's first Super Bowl appearance since Coach D took over. The Redskins defense front is their key to victory, while the supporting cast of a young QB, dominating versatile FB, HB Portis, and well rounded WRs make the offense versatile enough to keep the opposing teams defense guessing.

The Colts walk into the Super Bowl with Patriot blood on their cleats. The Colts lost last years Super Bowl to the Panthers, and look to see if a shot at the Redskins will be any different. Unfortunately for the Colts, the Redskins and Panthers almost seem to be the say players wearing different jerseys. It's no surprise that the Colts rely on Peyton Manning to deliver the ball to their solid receiving core, the only question is can they keep Manning upright in this years Super Bowl.

Prediction
    Defenses eat the offenses alive, but big plays goes the Colts way 23-16.

2. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

When can you play D?

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Tampa, FL - The Redskins and the Colts squared off in one of the least watched Super Bowls of all time. The game was not pretty at all with many punts and FGs. The Colts won the toss and elected to kick, and the Redskins responded by hitting Chris Cooley on a 54 yard gain to move into FG range. The drive stalled but the Redskins made the FG to go up 3-0.

On the ensuing kickoff Colt return man Otha Gardner was lit up by a Washington special teams player. He fumbled. The Redskins recovered and took it to the house from 30 yards out. 10-0 Washington. The Colts responded with a long drive that resulted in a Manning 4 yard TD pass. Then in the 2nd quarter, the Colts added a long FG to tie the game at 10. Neither side could get anything going late and it stayed tied through halftime.

The Colts came out after halftime and hit a big pass instantly moving them into Redskin territory. However, they couldn't move the ball any further and had to settle for a FG, but their first lead, 13-10 Colts. Both teams punted back and forth before the Redskins finally ended a drive with a FG tying the game late in the 3rd.

The game would remained tied the entire 4th quarter with both teams playing great defense. With 5 minutes to play the Redskins started a drive at their own 30. Mixing the pass and the run. The tight end and the full back. They moved the ball inside the Colt 15 forcing the defense to use timeouts for a last gasp. With 55 seconds Washington hit a FG to take the lead 16-13.

The Colts still had Peyton Manning and a kicker with a steel toe, so there was hope. However, on the first snap Manning slide the protection the wrong way, and a linebacker blitzed freely up the middle. His hit jarred the ball loose and the Redskins fell on it to preserve their victory.

The game ball has to go to Brian Orakpo, who lead the Washington defense with 4 sacks and 7 total tackles. He also was the cause of the bad shift by Manning who anticipated Orakpo coming from the left, but on the fumble he had been switched to the right side of the formation.

It was a great game all the way. Congrats to D for his Lombardi Trophy.

4. d19

d19 Walk On

Seriously this was a damn good game. Bill thanks for giving me one heck of a headache. Your offense is beyond great! I am just happy that my secondary was able to keep you at bay and my front 7 was able to get some pressure on you at key times. You killed me in any 2/3 and long situations and converted very well in every long distance incidences.

For those who played against me, this was a typical D game where the Redskins could move the ball down the field at certain times but could never punch it in and, as usual, my defense kept me with in the game and is pretty much the only reason why I was able to win this game.

As mentioned before, Orakpo deserved the game ball and is the MVP of the Superbowl with 7 tacks, 4 sacks and 1 FF. Orakpo along with fellow LB's Simms and Bradley caused havoc through out the game. Bradley created a key game/momentum changing INT in the fourth quarter and Simms was the player who cause Manning to cough up the ball.

I am still in shock having won the big game and still cant believe that I got past two of the best players in this league. This was definitely a fun season and cant wait to start the next one.

HAIL!