Superbowl/MegaBowl

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Dec 3, 2009.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Superbowl/MegaBowl

Revenge is a dished best served during the Mega Bowl. San Francisco beats Tennessese to capture their first Mega Bowl Championship

Miami, Florida

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me tell you what this felt like, its like the buzz felt right before a big heavyweight fight. First off the Tennessee Titans (17-1) and their outstanding defense with stud running back Chris Johnson would play in a rematch against the San Francisco 49ers (16-3) who defense has changed for the better after the loss to the Bears in the regular season. The offense led by Frank Gore and the new comer Brandon Marshall would be poised to do battle against one of the leagues elite. In a late twist in the game made by the Titans they would start Vince Young over Kerry Collins who was (16-1) prior to Vince even stepping on the field. The 49ers defense had one agenda contain Chris Johnson and make the QB throw.

1st Quarter.

Titans opened on offense against a pumped up 49ers defense as they would win the first test by forcing the Titans to punt on their first possession. 49ers would then open their drive and on the second play Shaun Hill would look for Walker on an out route but got hit before he threw the ball which was tipped by 2 Titans players before Michael Griffin would pick off the pass to get the Titans in scoring position. Titans would start with the ball again and would move down the field with a combination of short passes and runs by Chris Johnson. The drive looked like it was stall once it got in the redzone but Vince Young would find J. Cook Jr in the endzone for the games first score (7-0).

[​IMG]

Soon afterwards Coach Gaddy would huddle the defense to not lose confidence and to get rid the nervous jitters. Willis said afterwards "That first drive I almost threw up like 4 times. I was so pumped up I could not make the proper reactions. That TD was a wake up call to the defense that hey, this is still football and we can play football so lets do it." That little huddle was soon broken up as the action went back to field as Allen Rossum would take the opening 49ers kickoff 105 yards for a score to tie the game up at (7-7) electrifying the 49ers sideline.

2nd Quarter

Titans would not let the kickoff phase them as they would begin another impressive drive that finished with Johnson beating Spikes on the edge taking the toss 41 yards for the score (14-7).

[​IMG]

Titans fans would rejoice as it look as though there team would have no trouble moving the ball against the 49ers defense. The 49ers defense looked at times like they would make the stop but Johnson would hurt them by getting outside on the edges with his speed. Hoping for another Allen Rossum TD the 49ers would get stop and be force to take the field on offense. Hill would be more patient this time taking what the defense gave them which was very little. That drive would stall out deep in Tennessee territory and they would settle for a field goal (14-10). With 1:05 left before the half Vince Young would try to move the Titans into scoring position for at least a field goal but a errant throw was picked off by Shaute Spencer to give the 49ers the ball with 3 timeouts left. Hill would maneuver the 49ers into scoring position connecting with Bruce and Crabtree on big gains across the middle. He would then connect with Brandon Marshal on a out route for a 24 yard score to put the 49ers up (14-17) at the half.

[​IMG]

3rd Quarter

[​IMG]

During the post season the 49ers defense in the second half has been stellar and it actually carried over into the 2nd half of this game. The 49ers defense would force another Tennessee interception and then a late QB change to Collins for the Titans as they were also more successful in stopping Chris Johnson. Hill at this point would continue his solid play as he would complete two scoring drives for the 49ers, one where he connected Brandon Marshall for his 2nd TD of the game on a 8 yard strike they would also add a field to close the 3rd up (27-14).

4th Quarter

With everything on the line the Titans and 49ers would turn what appeared to be a game well over and done with to a nail biter. Titans would open with the ball and start a long time consuming drive with timely throws by Collins and unexpected runs by Chris Johnson. With the 49ers emptying out their entire defensive playbook with blitzes and zone coverage's it would not help in stopping the Titans from getting 11 yards from pay dirt. Hill said "As they march down the field I was like they need this drive and we need this stop. We stop and the game over but they keep making plays after plays to keep the drive alive." As the 49ers defense would stiffen and force a 4th and 7 from the 11, Collins would scramble out to his right and find Justin Cage in the corner of the endzone to bring them closer (21-27).
    [​IMG]

49ers fans who were breathing easily began to sweat as they saw there team needing to run out the clock and not go 3 and out on there next possession. On the first play of the drive Hill would look as though he called an audible route to Davis as he saw the Titans in full man to man run blitz. He would hit Andre Davis on a quick out who would take it 54 yards deep into redzone before being tackle by Griffin that would apparently seal the fate of the Titans.

[​IMG]

A fumble was needed by the Titans to get their offense back the ball but Gore and Coffee held on tight and the 49ers settled for a 20 yard field goal that would force the Titans needing two scores to win. (21-30). Tennessee would begin their drive but their season would end as Collins threw his 2nd pick of the day to Nate Clements who also had his 2nd of the day as the San Francisco 49ers would begin to celebrate their 1st Mega Bowl Championship.

49ers 30 Titans 21 Final

Super Bowl MVP - Nate Clements 2 Interceptions and 3 tackles.

Post Game Conference.

Podium - Shaun Hill, Frank Gore, Patrick Willis and Brandon Marshall

Press - Gore you didn’t have the break out game that you wanted but you made key plays when you needed too?

Gore - Well the Titans rush defense is one of the best and the fastest we played. I went in knowing to just be patient with my runs and feed off my blockers. Sometimes I was able to get outside other times I was able to get inside that just shows how great their rush defense is. Its hard to get a yard on them.

Press - Hill what changed for you after the first pick?

Hill - Well I was nervous at first, coming into that game Coach didn’t want me to test Finnegan too much but we wanted to keep him active. On that first play my first read was Davis but they clamped him up so I went to Walker and that was in the area of Finnegan. I thought the ball would hit the ground but Griffin made a play on the ball and I guess that spark them to score off my turnover.

Press - Hill, you had a impressive season where you just seem to be managing the game well. What's change for you?

Hill - Well the Coach just gave me a base offense to work with which allows me to make smarter throws and it also helps that I have a great group of receivers. Every defense is different and poses different challenges the Titans have an impressive secondary and once I threw the first pick I settled into the offense and just made smarter throws for the rest of the game.

Press - Gore are you going to try to stay with the team next year?

Gore - Right now I'm focused on celebrating with my teammates on this big win. I'm really not in off-season mode right now so I will deal with it when it comes.

Press - Willis, Like many other 49ers players this is your first how does it feel?

Willis - Word cannot describe how it feels right now. I'm numb right now, I don’t know whether to cry or laugh to tell you the truth I feel like break dancing.

Press - Willis what did you do differently against Chris Johnson compared to your first meeting?

Willis - Well in the first meeting Johnson did a lot more running plays from the outside and inside so it was hard to get a feel for him. We basically sold our defense out for sweeps on every play leaving the middle to contain by me and Takeo. I don’t think Johnson ran any dives or traps up the middle on us this game unlike he did last game. Once we took the run game away we knew our secondary was good enough to get turnovers in the passing attack.

Press - Marshall you leave Denver to come to the 49ers and help them win a Championship. How does it feel?

Marshall - Well first it was not just solely me it was Crabtree, AD, Gore and Hill who is our General out there. I just do my part of what's asked and try to make plays. I had great success with the 49ers during season and that carried over to the post season. I'm just lucky to celebrate this Championship with good teammates.

2. Kan

Kan Walk On

Congrats man! NFC PPL!

3. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

couldn't have said it better myself. this game was a tough fought victory for the niners. congrats and all i can say is ill be back!!!

4. stealth

stealth Walk On

congrats and very nice write up

5. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Great writeup, and sounds like an awesome game..grats to both teams on making the big game, and to the 49ers for bringing it.

6. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Congrats bud and you covered the spread..lol

7. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Congrats bud and you covered the spread..lol

8. adross33

adross33 Walk On

sweet game .. good finish and great reporting ;) ... Glad the trade worked out for one of us ;) ....