Superstar Only CCM League?

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by BlyGilmore, Jun 5, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

EDIT: OK been doing some thinking about this. So many details have changed from my earlier post. Also for clarification, this is for the 360.

First, I see this as a casual league. Something to do that's a nice break from the grind of normal Madden leagues. Thinking of an advance every five days or so.

- Looking for 24 players. Players will ultimately be aligned so there's three players per division. This will help ease the schedule a bit (since you'll be playing against the computer 3 or 4 times a season) and also allow some room for players to move either by trade or free agency.

- After the owners are selected they'll randomly be assigned a spot - 1 through 24.

- The person assigned number one gets to pick which player from the 2012 NFL Draft he'd like to control. Then number 2, and 3 and so on. Once a team has been picked it can't be picked again. And once three teams in any division are picked, players from the 4th team can't be picked.

So lets say somebody takes RGIII. That means no other Redskins can be picked. Then somebody snags CB Morris Claiborne taking the Cowboys of the board. And finally one other person takes HB David Wilson from the Giants. At that point the Eagles would not be allowed to be selected.

- Each player in the league is given one "joker" card. meaning at the end of the season they can stop using their current player and instead take over one of the brand new rookies in the league. The same thing goes for players who have to stop playing for another reason (cut and aren't picked up, career ending injury or whatever else).

- Really the competition here is two fold - you're both looking to win as a team but its also a race to see who will get into the Hall of Fame and who has the best career overall.

Interested Players:
    - BlyGilmore
    - CalebMackie
    - Corey Volting
    - Ghost
    - Matrix Monkey
    - Drifterbub
    - Jordan Kleinedler
    - CWT3000
    - mooseboyj

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

This sounds awesome, but I doubt I will have time.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    There is no fantasy draft, per my memory.

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Did they mention why no fantasy draft?

Is it more of a non priority or did they specifically not want it in there?

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

they did.. said it was something they had to take out along with imported draft classes, but when they can put it back and make work they will.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

I would be 100% for this!

7. BlyGilmore

OK been doing some thinking about this. First, I see this as a casual league. Something to do that's a nice break from the grind of normal Madden leagues. Thinking of an advance every five days or so.

- Looking for 24 players. Players will ultimately be aligned so there's three players per division. This will help ease the schedule a bit (since you'll be playing against the computer 3 or 4 times a season) and also allow some room for players to move either by trade or free agency.

- After the owners are selected they'll randomly be assigned a spot - 1 through 24.

- The person assigned number one gets to pick which player from the 2012 NFL Draft he'd like to control. Then number 2, and 3 and so on. Once a team has been picked it can't be picked again. And once three teams in any division are picked, players from the 4th team can't be picked.

So lets say somebody takes RGIII. That means no other Redskins can be picked. Then somebody snags CB Morris Claiborne taking the Cowboys of the board. And finally one other person takes HB David Wilson from the Giants. At that point the Eagles would not be allowed to be selected.

- Each player in the league is given one "joker" card. meaning at the end of the season they can stop using their current player and instead take over one of the brand new rookies in the league. The same thing goes for players who have to stop playing for another reason (cut and aren't picked up, career ending injury or whatever else).

- Really the competition here is two fold - you're both looking to win as a team but its also a race to see who will get into the Hall of Fame and who has the best career overall.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I like this sea but your missing one key component.

Player type.

Pick 1 of 3:

High Draft pick - high ratings, high expectations
    Late round draft pick - average ratings, average expectations
    Undrafted Free Agent - low ratings, minimum expectations

9. BlyGilmore

Isn't that only for when you create a brand new rookie? We're going to be taking say Andrew Luck and playing with him - so that's already built in, no?

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Ahhh I see, missed that part

11. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I'm playing in 1 NCAA league and 1 Madden league, I would have time for this, and it sounds cool. Very different.

12. CalebMackie

Still 100% for this! :)

13. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Same, I'd be also down for this

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

it would be fun to have a WR/CB league..

• Like Like x 3
  15. CalebMackie

If we do end up doing this we do need to decide on any specifications on what positions we will be picking so everyone gets a level playing field

And personally I think competition for the rookie of the year would be exciting :)

Just saw the edit referring about the joker card thing and I like that better actually, but I think it should be a one time deal (outside of a career ending injury or some occurrence that have no control over.) that way everyone isn't trying to just get the next best super star to have an easy ride to the top.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  16. BlyGilmore

Not sure if there was confusion, but this is what I meant. You get one "joker" card. If your guy dies through means you had no control over, you essentially get a joker card free. In both cases you wait until after the rookie draft and then get to pick one of the newly drafted rookies to take over.

Really that joker card is intended to be the playing field leveler, in case somebody is stuck with a player that really doesn't fit their style or as a one time "yeah i made a mistake."

otherwise the actual draft IMO will help regulate things.

Take QBs. Only 11 were picked in the draft, so we won't have a ton. And I don't think folks are going to want to pick BJ Coleman from Chattanooga ... who'll just sit behind Aaron Rogers all season. Indy and DC took two QBs so only one will be used. We're at 8. The Broncos took a QB in the 2nd round ... wanna spend years backing up Peyton? 7. And the Eagles took one who'll backup Vick for years. So at QB its really Luck; RGIII or Cousins; Weeden (if Richardson isn't taken); or Tannehill as the viable candidates.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CalebMackie

Alright I see so we are not playing one position we are doing all the positions so that everyone has a chance at a star?

18. BlyGilmore

19. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I'm officially throwing my hat in the ring for this. I'm going to try and get a QB or RB but if not, maybe a defensive lineman.

20. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Can I be RG3? Thats all I care about =]

21. BlyGilmore

if you get lucky in the lottery ;-)

22. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

My money is on RGIII going first overall. I guess it's possible an Andrew Luck fan gets first pick, relegating RGIII to 2nd. But they will definitely go 1 and 2. Don't need a crystal ball to see that.

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    BlyGilmore - advance every 5 days? Holy crap. How do you plan to keep everyone's attention?

24. BlyGilmore

if folks finish the games up more quickly we can advance more quickly. but its intended to be a lower-key, secondary league to the "regular" leagues out there.

25. BlyGilmore

If i had the first pick i'd probably got Trent Richardson ;-)