Surpises/Disappointments from your 2 most recent recruiting classes..

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Feb 15, 2012.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Biggest Surprise
    :4stars: WR Jon Chavez - We figured Chavez would eventually crack the lineup and produce, we were dead wrong, Chavez came in as a freshman and produced immediately, catching 8 touchdowns his freshman year, he is redshirting this year... Chavez should be a major player for the Hoosiers for the foreseesable future....​
    Biggest Disappointment

:3stars: DE Alfred Russell - We thought he could come in and compete for a starting spot on our team. Russell has tremendous size at 6'8 305 pounds, but he gets no leverage and typically is blowed off the line fo scrimmage... Russell will have some time to work on his techinique, and were hoping he can contribute in a couple of seasons.....

Most Potential

:4stars: DE John Poland - Despite being somewhat undersized to play in the 3-4, Poland has started this season on a serious roll raking up 7 sacks in 6 games... Poland has shown great burst off the line of scrimmage and great closing speed once he beats the offensive lineman in front of him. Poland is a true freshman and the sky is truly the limit for him.

:4stars: QB Frank Townsend - After a redshirt this year, Townsend will get the keys to the offense and he has the potential to do big things if he can limit his turnovers...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Biggest Surprise
    :5stars: PS#2 QB Jax Henderson - As a true freshmen he provided an explosive surge last year in some built-in run packages. This year he takes over an offense full of weapons. So far he has been more than expected and continues to produce in his second year at Oregon State.​
    Biggest Disappointment
    :5stars: PS#2 ATH (DE) Anthony Knox - Despite being one of the bigger players on the roster, Knox continues to ride the bench. After a redshirt year, he has not busted the two deep. His work ethic isn't as advertised and relies on his size to be productive - which will not cut it in the PAC-12.​

Most Potential

:5stars: PS#2 QB Jack Walker - Has one of the strongest arms in the country as a true freshmen. Semi-mobile and decently accurate. Could be a big star in a few years.​
    :5stars: PS#1 HB Cornell Hooper - My god this guy is good. Fantastic size and blistering speed. He's gotten a few carries this year in some mop up duty. We are going to have to get this guy more touches.​

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

6'8'' 305 pound DE :eek: DAMN!

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Biggest Suprise

:3stars:HB BJ Martin - Martin has been extremely consistent this season in the run game. Providing a much needed balance to the Arizona offensive attack. Martin got some playing time as a freshman last year and now is the starting HB for the Wildcats.

Biggest Disappointment

:3stars:QB Randy Ward - Randy came in lower than I expected him to, so we had to redshirt him a year. Then after sitting on the bench last year, we expected him to compete for the starting job. Unfortunately his accuracy didn't move at all, so we had to go with the Senior.
    Most Potential
    :4stars:HB Steven McKenzie - McKenzie has all the tools that I need in a halfback. He runs well, catches well, and has some speed. We decided against red-shirting him, so he could gain some experience. Look for him and Martin to be a nice 1/2 punch for the foreseeable future. Plus this is my first 4 star recruit at Arizona.

:3stars:ROLB A.J. Preston - Preston came into the Wildcat program with high upside. Straight out of Compton (no joke), Preston has the skills to succeed at the NCAA level. A little offseason training and this guy will be hard to get away from.

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Biggest Surprise
    :4stars: MLB Todd Hairston - We expected Hairston to sit until his junior year and then come in and contribute. He won the starting job this season, and has been very good for us so far making plays all over the field.​
    Biggest Disappointment
    :4stars: CB Michael Newberry - We recruited Newberry expecting him to add some depth after a RS year, but he's been buried behind classmates that progressed better, and incoming freshman rated higher.

Most Potential

:4stars: CB Chris Galloway - Galloway redshirted with all the depth we have at CB, but he came in as a 79 OVR freshman, and will work his way into a talented secondary.

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Biggest Surprise
    :3stars: HB - Matt Jackson. I haven't given him the starting nod at HB due to great depth, but the guy is explosive. I can't wait until he carries the full load. He will probably only play for one one full season, but it should be special.​
    :3stars: HB - Richard Wilson. He has good speed, but that's about it. Maybe he will be solid in about 3 years.​
    Most Potential

:3stars: TE David Mullins - He has great hands, and will fit in with the rest of our tight ends.