Surprises/Disappointment from your recruiting class...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Aug 9, 2013.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Biggest Surprise
    [​IMG]
    :3stars: HB Alex Bowen - We figured Bowen would eventually crack the lineup and get some carries. Fortunately, we were dead wrong, Bowen came in as a freshman and is producing immediately. Ike Bennett decided he wanted to cough the ball up and the worst times and Bowen has seized the starting tailback job with his explosiveness and surprising willingness to get the tough yards inside. This job is his to lose for the next 3 years.

Biggest Disappointment
    [​IMG]
    :3stars: Robert Hancock - Hancock has been solid, if not spectular at times, fans were just expecting him to be spectular all the time. Hancock has shown flashes of greatness, but then he disappears at times also. As Hancock gets used to the speed on the B1G10 he will rapidly improve. We still have high hopes for him.​

Most Potential
    [​IMG]
    :3stars: FS Clarence Scott - Scott is somewhat undersized to play free safety at 6 foot 177 pounds, but he is an absolute blurr in the secondary make plays everywhere when he is on the field. He seems to have a good nose for the ball, hopefully we can teach him how to catch this offseason as he has several drops. Scott currently has 18 tackles and 2 fumble recoveries in extremely limited time as a true freshman... Were excited about his future.....

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Highly touted SS Steve Arnold is the only one even seeing the field for us, and mostly as a situational player. He's our 5th DB in the 3-3-5 package, and sees a snap here and there as a backup, but the vast majority of his time is spent near the LOS in the 3-3-5. Hes had 7 tackles (1 TFL) and an interception so far this year.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I don't have any freshman playing.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

The only two guys getting lots of burn have both been stellar.

RT Eric Young is holding it down out there and has been a force in the running game.

DE Greg Harris has 7 sacks.

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I don't have any Freshman that get any real playing time.

6. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Disappointment:

1. CB Daniel Crooks
    2. FS Justin Cunningham

These 2 have been slightly disappointing so far. Cunningham can tackle for shit & stay fucking up in man coverage. Crooks shows flashes of being a shutdown CB, but for every play he is great.... The next 3 plays he is out of position.

Hopefully when next year comes these 2 will be solid.

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

No one has really been disappointing, but only DT Anthony Davis and P Campbell start.

Davis has 7 or 8 sacks and has been a force up front.

Fresh QB Landry just came in for an injured Nova to throw 2 TDs in the last couple minutes to beat Ohio State

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    SS Calvin Harrison (81 OVR) has been a nice help to us in the secondary. He is second on the team with 30 tackles and has 2 INTs this season. We new he was going to come in and help right away and he has done just that.

CB Eric Moss has played great for us in the dime package and has 11 tackles.