Surprises/Disappointments from your Season 1 recruiting class?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Aug 24, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Biggest Surprise
    :2stars:Brent Kelly -- Switch from WR to HB, and he might start as a redshirt junior... he has a great carry rating and seems to really hit the holes well....

Biggest Disappointment
    :3stars:Barrett Brooks -- Brooks seemed to have all the making of a great slot WR, then we saw him on the field... he didnt progress as a redshirted player and was cut last offseason....

Most Potential

:3stars:Matt Scott -- He played sparingly last year and is redshirted this year because of the emergence of Senior Ken Mershman, but next season the job will be Scott's to lose, and with his size and speed combination, he should be able to create some nice matchup problems for defenses.​

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Biggest Surprise

:3stars: Shane Bryant, a 6'5" 210 WR out that has developed into a good secondary option, as well as being a really good target across the middle. Had a huge game last week, and is quietly having a solid season.

Biggest Disappointment

:2stars: HB Reggie White a HB out of California that had good speed, came in as a 49 OVR HB. Only reason he still has a spot is for special teams play. and I need to keep my California pipeline.​

Most Potential

:5stars: Bubba McDowell, TE, he is a freak of nature on my team. He can't be covered by a LB, and if you put a Safety on him, he can run over him on one on one coverage. Had a huge game against BBJ, and can do it every week. Biggest problem I have is that at times I fall in love with what he can do and I get away from my power running game. He is a beast.

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Biggest Surprise

:3stars: MLB Chris Kiniry - Kiniry has been one of the few bright spots for us on defense this year, racking up 30 Tackles, 9 TFL, 1.5 Sacks and 1 Int through 4 games this season. As soon as we signed him we expected him to start after not returning a single MLB from last year, but he has far exceeded expectations this season.

Biggest Disappointment

:2stars: QB George Wright - We thought he could come in and compete for a starting spot on our team as the first decent pocket passer we've signed. Wright only ended up coming in at a 61 OVR and has not been effective in practice, relegating him to the bottom of the depth chart.

Most Potential

:2stars: QB Scott Smith - After a redshirt year we thought he would come in and be a decent QB for us. He had a solid performance against EMU, but the lack of consistent blocking from the O-Line hasn't allowed him to show his skill yet. With 3 more years to develop he could turn out to be a very good quarterback for us.

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah McDowell is a frickin beast. I was trying to throw some double teams at him and keep him spotlighted on 3rd downs, but he still managed almost 100 yards and that clutch TD in OT.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Biggest Surprise

:1stars: OLB Eric Green - He was a one start JUCO who wasn't on anyone's radar, he came into camp a 67 overall and now is a 72 overall middle linebacker leading the team in tackles.

Biggest Disappointment

:3stars: CB Andrew King - We thought he could come in and compete for a starting spot on our team but hasn't seen the field much, and in the 3-3-5 you should be getting some time somewhere.

Most Potential

:3stars: OLB Stephen Murphy - Though he was the 4th best OLB we signed in that class he has stepped up to be a pretty decent linebacker. I thought he might be a sleeper pick and I was right.

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Biggest Surprise

:3stars:DT Chase Bennett. Chase has made an impact right away as a 2 year starter. He is 71 overall and had 6.5 sacks last year, and has already racked up 3 sacks this season

Biggest Disappointment

:3stars: MLBs Jamison and Richardson. They were both brought it to compete for the starting MLB spot, but poor ratings and progression has forced me to move an OLB to the middle each year. This year freshman Washington has beat out both.

Most Potential

:3stars: WR Nicholas. 69 ovr soph who is currently the #4 WR this year, but looks to crack the starting lineup or be the slot next season.​