Surprises/Disappointments from your Season 10 recruiting class?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Mar 28, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Biggest Surprise so far --
    :4stars:MLB Max Strickland - 6'5 251 pounds, he has been an absolute beast in the middle so far for the Bulldogs... hope this trend continues.....

Biggest Disappointment so far --
    :4stars:QB Jonathan Ransom -- 6'6 210, 70 overall with 70 throwing accuracy... it could take him a long time to see the field despite his atheltic abilities....

Most Potential --
    :4stars:QB JJ Hill, despite his early struggles, we have a sneaky feeling he is gonna get better.. he seems to make some big time throws when they are needed most.... hopefully that continues...

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Biggest Surprise
    :4stars:P Wilson - As a freshman he has become the best punter/kicker we have had. He has 96 kick power and really helps us win the field position battles. He also excels at coming in for the long range field goals that sure footed K McDaniels doesnt have the range for. He was a key player in our pvp win against Georgia

:4stars:FS Coleman has done well also being asked to step in and start right away. He is a hard hitting safety.

:4stars:CB Perry started the season as the nickel corner but has been very receptive to coaching and raised his awareness enough to just recently get bumped into the #2 starting CB spot. We expect great things from him and should be a 4 year starter from now on.

We havent had any disappointments really, but that may shake out a little more down the line.

3. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Disappointment: :5stars: RB Chris Washington He is only a freshman, and I may have expected too much of him his freshman year, but he doesn't seem to have the explosiveness that his backup (who is a senior) has. Washington is a GREAT back for my system because he'll grind it out, and can actually catch out of the backfield, but as far as explosiveness, he's lacking that right now in his young career.

He's the only freshman from that class that is playing right now.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Biggest surprise:

:4stars: PS#7 DE Bobby Nolan from NC. At 6'4'' 218 and good speed (B) we thought that he would step up and be a pass rushing OLB for us. That is, until we saw his first step off the line and how he can use his lanky frame to zip around blockers. Bobby surprised everyone by winning the starting job at the weak DE (81 OVR true frosh) after graduating high school early and participating in summer camp.

Biggest disappointment:

:4stars: PS#18 MLB Bryce Thomas. Really thought he would be ready to play and help out our depth. He's not and luckily we've been able to avoid injuries. Hopefully that continues and redshirts, because he needs an extra year.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

It sucks when a :5stars: recruit doesnt pan out...

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

He's still only a redshirt freshman, so he has time. I might have had my hopes too high for him, but I've had better running backs that were three stars.