Surprises/Disappointments from your Season 9 recruiting class?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Mar 8, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Biggest Surprise -- [​IMG]Athlete Adam Joseph
    -- I initially thought he could come in and play Tight end or possibly linebacker... so for him to come in and be our workhorse tailback was a mild shock.

Biggest Disappointment -- Shit Do i get to pick more than one?
    :4stars:HB Will Brown 5'9 210 -- looks absolutely terrible on the field....
    :4stars:HB 6'1 205 Ryan Jackson -- after a redshirt season he is probably still 3 years away from a carry.

Most Potential -- :3stars:DE Jeremy Allen 6'4 283
    -- His ratings look really promising... after this redshirt year, he should see the field plenty...

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I would love to add some input, but none of my season 9 class saw the field this year. I expect some big things from them this upcoming season though... Several look very promising coming in with some decent ratings though.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

damn you redshirted the whole class?

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

hmmm for the most part. I think one of my [​IMG]DEs Pettway didnt redshirt, but was a backup. I dont think he played any meaningful amount of time though.

My Season 8 class was a monster for me. G Latimer is an 83 ovr as a fr rs and has 99 awareness. HB James was my starter and had over 1k yards while being hurt 7 weeks. SS Hawk is 83 ovr and started as SS all season. So MLB Morris has started all season and has had many impact plays. Jefferson has been a monster at DE as a RS Fr picking up 12 sacks and 2 more in the bowl game (you saw him first hand [​IMG])

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

TE Brent Jones had a decent yr as a backup TE..next yr i might give him some carries at the goal line as he is a tank would good HB skills...

FB Justin Bishop was the only freshman that started and had a good yr leading the way for Thompson..

K Kenneth Strong hit 13/16, but was the 1st K in the last 5 yrs to not win the Kicker of the yr..

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

You sure all 5? I thought one of my Kickers won that 1 year

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

well williams won it all 4 yrs and then his replacement won it last yr.....you might have won it the yr prior to williams..

8. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

oh and my backup punter last yr who had 1 punt due to injury of my starting K/P won punter of the yr.. trust me it was a great 44 yrd punt...

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

maybe my guy was just 1st team all american...