Surprises/Disappointments?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jmustang1968, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

So who or what have been your biggest surprises or disappointments so far this season?

For surprises, it would be the play of rookie WR Sanders and to a lesser degree QB Locker. Locker has had some ints and mis throws at times, but has been solid. Sanders had been my best receiver thus far.

My defensive line play has also been pretty good, as I have had several sacks from the group, especially from DE Morgan.

My disappointments start with Chris Johnson. He has had some big games for me, but has also had several costly fumbles. I think he has atleast 2 and maybe 3 fumbles returned for TD and has helped cost me a few cpu games. He has also been inconsistent. He has a few big runs, but also gets stuffed a bunch for no gain.

Britt has been a bit disappointing, and dropped passes have plagued me as well.

2. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

For me Matt Ryan gets my biggest disappointment vote with two four interception games this guy is killing me. A close number two would have to be my interior D line those guys give up more runs than DMC.

As for surprises I'd like to give props to the O line those guys have held me down in the run game thoroughly. They have deffinitly given my young TB's a chance to get good yardage.

Honorable mention goes to DJ Williams who has picked up where he left off in Arkansas as a top fight TE.

3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

My surprises have been the play of my rookies. Davasia Walls has been a starter since Brandon Flowers was traded and he leads the league in INTs. My rookie DE Watson has 5 sacks in a 3-4 defense which is great for DEs, my TE Javaris Belton has had great 3rd down catches and my MLB Robinson is the starter alongside Derrick Williams, hes been performing great. my LTs have played multiple positions on the line, most notably subbing in at Center since they have poor footwork but they have been performing great off the bench.

A disappointment for me has been Matt Cassel, he's still throwing crazy passes every now and again, especially in bad weather conditions, but his long throwing motion really makes me want to get rid of him for Stanzi or Davis.

4. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

My surprises have to be the play of my MLBs Nate Irving and Devonta' Manning and QB Ryan Kaiser. Manning and Davis, despite their low overalls, have been solid in the middle and are a vital part of one of the top defenses in the NFL, while Kaiser has really hit his stride after a rough start, and is hitting receivers better than expected down field, showing great poise in the pocket and playing much better than the average rookie

A disappointment was WR Plaxico Burress, who was expected to be a vital member of the passing attack, but has since been cut and outperformed by his replacement Demaryius Thomas

5. gsolo19564

gsolo19564 Walk On

Not so much a surprise but the best part of my team: defense. I have a very young crew all around but my defense mostly is keeping me in games. Haven't won them and except for short fields caused by the offense, the defense has been solid.

Disappoint: Offense. I knew my receiving corps were going to be a weak link and they have. My 1st rd pick WR Miles has had nagging injuries all season which makes Roy Williams the number 1 guy. He has played decently but not a number 1. My O-line is not opening holes for Jackson. Seems to be getting hit behind the line on most plays.

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

San Francisco

Surprises
    Been tough to judge stats because I've missed 3 weeks, but the rookies have been impressive. 2nd round draft pick Derron Charles has been phenomenal with 2 picks (both in games I've played) and seemingly limiting big time receivers like Larry Fitzgerald to very few catches. I expected #5 overall QB Peter Newcomer to struggle with accuracy, but he's been on point. In sims he's thrown tons of picks, but when I've played with him he has 8 TDs and 2 INTs. His mobility is key. I'm really happy with him. Rookie HB Codie Ross is just a monster. He IS the next Adrian Peterson. Size, speed, strength, and hasn't lost the ball. He is averaging over 7 yards a carry. Also 5th round WR Jawuan Sales has been very productive. He is an explosive wideout who at 70 overall and B potential, could develop into a starter. FA acquisition TE Weslye Saunders, who replaced injured Delanie Walker, has been very productive despite a 69 overall rating.

Disappointments
    The pass rush. More specifically, OLB Aldon Smith who I am hoping to develop into a dominant Demarcus Ware type of player. Right now in his second year he's at 84 overall with A potential. I don't have a defender with more than 1 sack. Starting to wonder if its a matter of scheme (3-4), or just lack of personnel. WR Josh Morgan has struggled as well, and might soon lose his starting spot to Sales. He has a number of drops and really struggles to get separation. Also, the Niners dished out a lot to acquire FS Earl Thomas. Thus far, I've found his impact on the game minimal.