Surprising Announcement

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hornfaninbama, Oct 29, 2009.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Surprising Announcement

Coach Geaux Dismissed from LSU

Coach Bulgy named replacement

LSU has decided to fire coach Geaux for undisclosed reasons. There had to be some negotiations going on behind the scenes, because a replacement, Coach Bulgy most recently of the Nor Cal State Reapers, was named almost immediately.

Coach Bulgy has a distinguished record at Nor Cal State. He began the program at the small northern California school located in Charming. They entered the NCAA as a Football Championship Subdivision school, and moved up in classification in 2009. They joined the Mountain West Conference and immediately established themselves as the new power in the conference. In 2009 USC scheduled them for a season opening non conference easy win, but Nor Cal State left the LA Coliseum with a 3 point overtime win. The win over the previously #3 ranked Trojans vaulted the Reapers into the Top 25 at #16. They finished the season with easy wins over non conference rival Boise State and conference rival Utah to finish in the top 10 and earn a BCS berth to the Sugar Bowl. They were destroyed by the LSU Tigers, but the Athletic Director saw something he liked in the young head coach.

Coach Bulgy runs a spread offense with a run first philosophy. He has said he can't wait to get his hands on Jordan Jefferson and Russell Shepherd and turn them into true dual threat quarterbacks. He is also excited about the last recruiting class put together by former Coach Geaux, a class ranked by some publications as the best in the country. He said, "I am very excited about both of the 5 star defensive backs I am inheiriting, as well as Marcus Newman. I tried to get Newman to join me at Nor Cal St. but he wanted to join a more prestigious conference we are both excited about being united in Baton Rouge. Obviously with my coaching style, I am also excited about getting my hands on the offensive lineman Charles Frank and turning him into a road grader."

As far as his defensive style goes he is excited to begin the shift to the 3-4 defense though he will stick to the 4-3 defense run by his predecessor until he gets his personnel in place. "Hopefully we can make the move to the 3-4 next season once Bates and Hall have a year under their belts. Coach Geaux really helped me out by bringing in two players who have the potential to be game breakers for several seasons in my defense."

All in all coach Bulgy is very excited to be the new head coach at LSU, and hopes he can keep the momentum going. "I am stepping into a great situation. Last week the team scored a big win over Tennessee essentially without a head coach, so this team is full of talent. I hope I can keep the recruiting momentum going and pull in another top class. And we will compete for the SEC and National Championship every year. I can't wait to get that first win over Alabama in Death Valley."

Strong words from a strong coach.

2. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

LSU is definitly setup for success but the question becomes, can the new Head Coach put his mark on this Tigers? The SEC is stacked from top to bottom and a win by the Tigers over Bama would establish Coach Hornfan as a force but a crushing defeat could start a downward spiral...Can't wait for that match up!