Suspending Play

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Suspending Play

All, the remaining RC members have decided to suspend play. We are looking at reopening using League Manager to run a full online franchise with salary cap, free agency, trading - getting back to being a real OF league. Details will be posted when they are worked out. Those interested should contact Luis, scared46 or I.

2. Luis

Luis Walk On

You can contact me on Q: 106516934, PM through the forums or mail ldb1979@gmail.com

3. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

Can you break that down? Does that mean we're halting the season for now?

4. Luis

Luis Walk On

yes, we are going start the franchise again using the online franchise manage tool. We are going to have some rules modification and be more strict on the owner participation.

5. Junior2310

Junior2310 Walk On

Layman terms?

Run the franchise all over again?? FRESH start...

If so- I hope I dont lose the colts :)

I am all for it anyway :)

6. Mags

I'd be happy to keep advancing the franny if you still want to play the games. ;)

7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Boy, didn't expect all hell to break loose, I know Mags will get this righted, best of luck with the restructure.

8. Junior2310

Junior2310 Walk On

how long the hiatus will be? approximately?

9. Luis

Luis Walk On

It wont be long. I think we could be rolling by next week.

10. scared46

scared46 Walk On

My ICQ # is...430-273-879

We think this is the only way to keep GM's interested in this league and that is to run like a real franny should be ran by GM's keeping track of the salaries, trades and what not. I myself, love the GM part of a league.

Along with implementing management tool, we must also buckle down on GM's that are not following rules of this league. Some rules will be new and some will be changed. Overall, we (Mega) will have a pretty solid franchise here.

11. Mags

Yeah, being non-premier and just a place to play games is good, but as interest wanes, it drops off hard.

A real OF, or as close as we can come, helps, but it's also a matter of the individual owners and who is committed. If we have guys who trade their game in after a month, what's the point? I'm not saying we push up to a premier league, b/c even that isn't incentive enough to stick around. We need better screening with our owners, and starting with a small dedicated core knowing we'll have CPU games and whatnot to deal with is better than trying to get 32 guys who are not active, don't schedule and don't participate. So, we change the fundamental purpose of the league from "a place to play some games" to a more dedicated online franchise league. Even our established premier leagues here are feeling the same pains and they went through the work of getting a FA/cap system together. Guys hop in and out, want to switch teams every week... The same gameplay and scheduling issues crop up. I'm not sure if it's a function of the console kids not being used to how a real OF runs, but it hurts the league in general. Where is the consistency when guys are constantly moving, when trades are unrealistic, when there's no thought in developing a team for the long term? That's what makes an OF work as opposed to just playing games in a franchise that may as well be EASO pickup games with some trades.

12. anj

anj Walk On

I think its a great way to move forward and i'm all in....

13. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

I'm all in as well. I guess I'll just keep looking for the re-launch of Mega. With that being said, I would love to play with my Bengals.

14. ken10

ken10 Walk On

Mags, did you get my PM?

15. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

im all in also

16. PoloMD

PoloMD Walk On

But when ex mega owners like me show up and say hi, you don't even bother on throwing a fart at my side.
    :monkeybutt:

17. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

sounds great i am glad to hear this is coming along...

18. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

btw i know this is off topic but does anyone know any ncaa dynasty looking to add?

19. Ducemac

Ducemac Walk On

Im all in also, when are we planing on restarting this, is there a time table?