Swami Sez - Divisions Taking Shape

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its time for another edition of Swami Sez! This week, I'm filling out my playoff bracket.

AFC
    #1 Steelers - 9-2 - The hard hitting Steelers are primed in a weak AFC and will duel with Oakland for the top seed in the AFC. The AFC may be down this year, but look for the Steelers to make some noise in the playoffs.

#2 Raiders - 9-2 - THEEEE RRRAAAAIIDDDAAAAAHS are cruising along in the AFC West and will grab at least the #2 seed in the AFC, if not the #1 seed. Can they win a championship without Darren McFadden? We'll see.

#3 Titans - 8-3 - Cruising along. Nothing to see here. The Jags and Colts are alive but not by much.

#4 Dolphins - 6-5 - This will either be the Dolphins or the Patriots - depending on who gets on their horse and starts winning games. The Patriots have an awful lot of talent but I'm going to take the Dolphins. Come on stryder24

#5 Bengals - 7-4 - The Bengals sit alone with 7 wins in control of the top wildcard spot. They'll get in the playoffs but as a young team I don't know where the fit in the big picture.

#6 Patriots - 6-6 - The Chiefs, Colts and Patriots are neck and neck gunning for this spot but I see the Patriots taking it. Tom Brady is just too good to miss the playoffs.

NFC
    #1 Saints - 12-0 - not much else you can really say. I like them to win it all too. Their defense, not their offense, will be the key.

#2 49ers - 11-1 - Will cruise to the #2 seed. Dangerous team in the very deep NFC.

#3 Cowboys - 8-4 - In a dogfight with the Giants right now - either team could nab this spot with the other having to fight for the wildcard. I'll take the Cowboys though.

#4 Packers - 6-5 - It seems like no one wants to win this division. Earlier in the season I would have told you Detroit but now it seems like the only team still fighting is the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is awfully good - lets see if they can make a playoff push.

#5 Falcons - 9-2 - Playing in a division with the 12-0 Saints can't be fun but no one wants to face the #1 wildcard team from the NFC, thats for sure.

#6 Panthers - 9-3 - This will likely be between the Panthers, Cardinals (8-4) and Giants (7-4) - I'll take the Panthers but don't count out the other teams. The NFC is very deep this year.

ONTO THE BIG UPCOMING GAMES

Week 13
    Packers and Giants - Two possible playoff teams go toe to toe - I've got the Packers winning their division and the Giants failing to make the playoffs. WHAT? I'm picking the Giants anyway - no one said I have to make sense!
    [​IMG]

Raiders and Dolphins - I've got both teams winning their division and it starts THIS WEEK. The Raiders Michael Bush looked unstoppable against the Bears and being that the Dolphins have not dominated anyone yet this year I look for the Raiders to come out swinging and winning.
    [​IMG]

Steelers and Bengals - Intra-divisional matchups in the AFC North - THE SCHWAM LOVES IT! The Steelers are riding high though and I don't see them slowing down for the Bengals. Terrible towel for the win.
    [​IMG]

Chiefs and Bears - The Bears, if they looked at the standings - would realize they are not even close to being out of the playoff race. The story is a bit different for the Chiefs who would have to basically win out in order to have any shot at things. The computers love the Chiefs and so does the SCHWAM - but not if the Bears wake up and decide they want to go to the postseason.
    [​IMG]

Week 14
    Giants and Cowboys - Swami picked the Cowboys to win the division here but the computers LOVE the Giants. Shit. Call Swami the Honey Badger cuz Swami don't give a shit - the SCHWAM is on the Cowboy bandwagon.
    [​IMG]

49ers and Cardinals - The Cardinals have a legitimate chance to firmly get into the playoff race if they can find a way to win here. The 11-1 49ers will have all hands on deck so I expect nothing less than a slugfest. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, Patrick Willis plays for the 49ers, and that man is a monster. Swami will take the Patrick Willis's
    [​IMG]

Packers and Raiders - Swami Sez Packers. Here's why: Swami hasn't picked an upset yet! This is feasible - the Packers have a lot of talent, the Raiders are banged up and may have a playoff spot locked up by this point. Any given Sunday folks!
    [​IMG]

Vikings and Lions - As previously stated - no one really wants to win this divison. Maybe THE SCHWAM will predict a first ever tie? No. The Vikings just aren't that good, they're too young. Maybe next year folks - Swami is on the Lions this week.
    [​IMG]

Falcons and Panthers - PHEW what a matchup. Both teams in the same division, both teams are redhot in the NFC. Both teams fighting for a playoff spot. Can 3 teams from the NFC South really go to the playoffs? Oh man. The computers like the Panthers but Swami likes the Falcons talent. SWAMI SEZ DIRTY BIRDS in a close one.
    [​IMG]

Tune in next week folks!

• Like Like x 4
  2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

It's going to be a tight race in the NFC South these next few weeks, no doubt. I need some wins against the Falcons/Saints, big time.

3. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I think I will have to win 4 of my next 5 games to have any chance at making the playoffs.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lions lost 7 in a row lolololol

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Damn, and you were red hot to start. Vikings are the perfect slump buster.

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

The Panthers came from a 17-0 deficit at half-time to beat the Falcons in Week 14! (Summary coming soon to a Gameday thread near you)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I just took down the Titans but I fear it may be to late for me to make the playoffs even if I win out.

8. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Wow congrats man! I think Im gonna have to prepare for our game because I barely got by you the first time.

9. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

brady last gasp TD sends my pats to 8-6 and still in the race lol

10. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

swami was wrong