Swami Sez - Mid Season Report

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

Time for another edition of Swami Sez! It's been long overdue, and with the dreaded Christmas evil behind us, ONWARD! As always, play the music to get that extra amped up effect. I'm going to post my current playoff teams and talk about each a bit.

AFC
    [​IMG]

1. Houston Texans
    2. New York Jets
    3. Baltimore Ravens
    4. Oakland Raiders
    5. New England Patriots
    6. San Diego Chargers

Houston sports the #3 scoring offense in football and a defense that plays its best football on 3rd down. Electrifying rookie Torrey Sanders pairs with offensive staples Arian Foster and Andre Johnson and defenses just don't have an answer. I like Houston to go DEEP this year.

New York is one of those teams that isn't going to wow you with stats but they just find a way to win games. They're efficient on offense and sport a top 5 defense. Consistency is paramount in NY, can they find the right mix on offense to bring home a championship? I think they can, but Houston will have a large say in it.

Baltimore continues racking up wins on the ground with Ray Rice and through the air to rookie WR Dallas Strong who is raw but has unbelievable athletic tools. The defense continues to slow down and show weakness but I'd give this top 10 offense a chance against any team come playoff time.

Oakland has surprised a lot of people with their top ranked defense and 1-2 punch at the RB position with LeSean McCoy and rookie Nyjee Dyer. We've seen this formula work before with championship teams but can Jason Campbell lead this team to the promised land?

New England Patriots - two words; Tom. Brady. The Patriots have struggled at times but I expect them to turn the corner on the arm of Mr. Brady and come playoff time you never underestimate the Patriots. Never.

San Diego seems like they are in the playoff conversation every year yet we've yet to see them make a deep run. Is this team different? They hit the top 10 in various offensive and defensive categories so we know they can play but they'll need to find a running game to convince me entirely. I expect the wild card race to be tight regardless.

NFC
    [​IMG]

1. NY Giants
    2. Carolina Panthers
    3. Detroit Lions
    4. San Francisco 49ers
    5. Washington Redskins
    6. Atlanta Falcons

The Giants are my #1 seed and will continue to be until someone figures out how to block Jason Pierre Paul. The NFL is reportedly investigating the Giants organization for undisclosed infractions but rumors are nothing more than hearsay until more is heard from the league office. Regardless, the Giants are 8-1 and rolling right now.

Some may find it curious that the Panthers are here but keep in mind the Panthers just blanked a good Colts team 29-0, won a stunning comeback the week before against the Saints and convincingly beat the Falcons earlier in the season. The Panthers and Cam Newton are here to stay.

Detroit will make a bid for the top seed out of the NFC, along with the Panthers, as long as Calvin Johnson stays on the field. He demands so much attention, Detroit literally cannot go wrong. Teams have been triple covering him and he still leads the NFL in yards and touchdowns. He is on an entirely different level right now, and so is Detroit.

San Francisco is a quiet 7-2 team, very quiet. Lucky for them, you don't win football games with your mouth. The #1 rushing offense and #2 in total defense. Yes sir, San Francisco is for real. They play in a weak division but they're for real all right.

Washington fans may find themselves shocked to be down this far but this is a projection based on the assumption that the Giants will win the NFC East, giving Washington the 5th seed at best. Their only loss was a 40-0 demolishing by the Giants so they could very well be a Superbowl team if not for the Giants. We'll find out come playoff time.

Atlanta is much like Washington in that they are here solely because of the competition within their division. Atlanta is probably a top 2 team in the AFC yet they find them selves fighting for their playoff lives and a wildcard in the NFC. Will the AFC ever close the gap?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Bump for front page.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nice write-up. I'm very interested to see how the rest of the season plays out for the NFC, the playoffs are going to be brutally difficult.

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

No.

Great write up, enjoyed reading it. Campbell has the longest release in the world haha. I got sacked so many times last game. Going to be interesting to see if I can hold off the Chargers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Hey we have the same record! i just had my bye week already! We split the regular season series 1-1, but this will be fun to see how our season plays out. We are competing hard for that #1 spot! Im gonna call it now, whoever wins NFC East is going to get home field advantage in playoffs.

6. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

nice write up man still think my terrible start will cost the pats a play off spot

7. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

:( ... wish I didnt have to take sim loss vs Texans

8. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I recorded 0 sacks with Pierre Paul in my last game. If anyone things I am cheating or cheesing come out and say so.

9. fuzzyl0gic

How does one get 18 sacks? Just curious, I don't get that many (but my dline is mediocre at best).

10. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Because Pierre Paul has 99 acc and I beat the olinemen on the line of scrimage. The reason you do not get that many is because you do not have Pierre Paul on your team.

11. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Keller

Great write-up man. I had my doubts as we transitioned from season 1 to season 2, but have been impressed with the activity and how the league has grown. Looking forward to multiple seasons on multiple maddens with this group...

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Will work on getting this on the main page keller

13. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You don't cheese or cheat ford, I have game tape if anyone complains. U do a very good job bringing pressure because you send nearly 5 or 6 on passing plays, relying on man d. It can be beat if you know the basic odds of football.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Glad to hear that.

15. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I can vouch for for hopped that the pressure he brings is within the rules. He just utilizes his players' to bring some serious heat.

16. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Dont forget, Washington gave the giants their only loss as well. An eye for an eye there.

17. fuzzyl0gic

It seemed like you had an easier time picking my secondary apart without Gamble. Yikes.

18. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Saints are struggling this year only winning one user game and the schedule is only gonna get tougher. The problems are everywhere from boneheaded Ints to terrible defensive playcalls I even think my stick skills have worsen because I can't make user tackles or even play coverage. Hopefully we can turn it around and make the playoffs via wildcard because I think Falcons have the division locked up with that win last vs the Panthers.