Swami Sez - Playoffs?!?!

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Mar 7, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    We are now in the divisional round of the TMFL Season 3 Playoffs, let's take a look at what teams made it and how they match-up:​
    [​IMG]
    The Chargers and Jags both had success all year, it's no surprise that they are facing off in the divisional round. The Jags caught a few losses after having to change defensive schemes mid-season. They were reportedly breaking NFL regulations, and paid a hefty fine. The Chargers are led by the most efficient passer in the league, Phillip Rivers:​
    [​IMG]
    The Jags and Chargers are capable of both airing the ball out, and punching the defense with the run game. The biggest stat that stands out in this match-up is that of turnovers; the Chargers are 2nd in the league with +21, while the Jags are 21st at -8. If San Diego can force multiple turnovers, the Jags have a slim chance of winning this one.
    NO ONE CIRCLES THE WAGON LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS, talk about a complete 180 in performance from last season! The Bills only managed to win 5 games last year, but this year they put all the pieces in place and found success. They have an impressive 12-4 record, and will face a tough defensive team in the Titans:​
    [​IMG]
    These two teams have already met once in the regular season; the Bills cruised to a 35-21 victory. Will this be a similar outcome? Mallet managed the game well in that one with no turnovers, and Spiller had an amazing game with over 200 yards rushing. The Titans will have to do a better job at containing the run if they want to pull this one out.
    The Panthers managed to escape one of the toughest conferences in the league and make it to the play-offs this year, they travel to face the 49ers. There is a lot of tension between these coaches, as coach Fuzzy seems to have coach Jsimms' number. The Panthers won 28-3 last season in a regular season match-up, and knocked the 49ers out of the divisional round in season one. Jsimms is surely seeking revenge, and coach Fuzzy is determined to prove he can win the big games:​
    [​IMG]
    The 49ers love to pound the ball with a strong rushing attack, that is no secret. The Panthers rank 5th in passing, and 17th in rushing yards. Carolina will have to contain Gore and the running game, while the 49ers will have to slow down Cam and the passing game. The 49ers lead the league in almost every defensive category, so the pressure will be on the Panthers to find some offensive rhythm in a very hostile environment.
    The Saints have flown under the radar all year, but they had a great season going 13-3 and clinched the NFC South. They have shown they have the ability to win the close games. The Lions won the North, and face their second NFC South team after barely escaping the Falcons. Let's break it down:​
    [​IMG]
    These two teams met previously last season, and the Saints edged out a 38-35 victory. Ingram had a monster day with 258 yards, can the Lions contain the run any better this time around? The Lions also have a hard time defending the pass, Brees is surely set to have a big game. Big plays will determine this one, can the Saints stop Calvo from making big plays? Can the Lions dline stop the run and contain Brees? Don't sleep on this one!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. fuzzyl0gic

Predictions?

3. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

Fuzzy will beat simms again ;
    Saints will edge out hova ;
    Keller will have more than enough to beat the Titans ;
    and Natural will have the game to get through

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I never predict my own games...

Saints over Lions
    Chargers over Jaguars
    Panthers over 49ers

5. fuzzyl0gic

Saints over Lions
    Chargers over Jags
    Bills over Titans

for me.

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I like Hova over the Saint's. The Lions are on a roll and I think the Saints aren't as hot right now. Everything else I agree with.

7. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Nice job fuzzy... exactly as Keller would do it haha. The swami post that is.

8. fuzzyl0gic

Thanks!

9. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I'm not very familiar to call those NFC teams... I think AFC games will be too close to call. Some great teams left.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm on board with this.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

nice job Fuzz

12. fuzzyl0gic

Thank you.

13. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Lions over Saints