Swami Sez - Quarterly Update

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]
    Swami Sez!
    Its been awhile knuckleheads so I'm going to give you a quarterly update of each division and talk about some teams to see where we're at in the still very young TMFL Season 3. These standings are as of today, or between weeks 4 and 5 so some teams will have more games played than others.​

[​IMG]

AFC East: The upstart Buffalo Bills have benefited from some fortunate breaks, aggressive offseason moves and continued improvement by their youngsters to grab hold of the division early in Season 3. The Jets were on vacation when they faced the Bills, giving Buffalo an early lead but the Jets are still the favorite to win this division and Miami is right in the mix at 3-2. New England's age may finally be catching up with them as Tom Brady and Co have sputtered to a 1-3 start.

Major Injuries: Buffalo loses Albert Haynesworth for another 6 weeks, Miami lost Karlos Dansby for 8 weeks and Davone Bess for 4 weeks and the Patriots have lost Gronk for 6 weeks with a herniated disk.

AFC North: Baltimore's recent overtime win against the Steelers has given them the early lead in the North, edging out the newly minted Cleveland Browns and aggressive Cincinnati Bengals who are both fighting for respect in the traditionally Raven/Steeler dominated division. The favorite is clearly Baltimore but anything is possible in this division. I wouldn't count the Steelers out already, they will find a way to rack up some wins and get back in the thick of things. Dallas Strong for MVP?

Major Injuries: Anquan Boldin will be out for 3 more weeks but more importantly Dallas Strong will be out at least 1 week with a bad ankle - Cincinnati's DT Brandon Mebane will sit for almost the rest of the season, 9 weeks, and Jermaine Gresham is out for another month or so. Cleveland loses rookie spark plug HB Jacorius Favors for 2 months and key pass rusher Jabaal Sheard for the next 4 weeks and the biggest news out of this division is that Steeler superstar Troy Polamalu will be out another 6 weeks.

AFC South: No one expected the Texans to start the season 1-2 but given the amount of offseason moves they made, maybe they just need a little time to gel. The Jacksonville Jaguars are in command of this division however, sporting the leagues best scoring defense. Indianapolis has already taken 3 losses and will have to really fight to get back in this tough division because the Titans are still in position at 2-1 to give the Jaguars a challenge depending on how this week turns out for them.

Major Injuries: The Jaguars surprisingly have no injuries. Tennessee has starting SS Javien Reese out for 3 weeks. The Colts won't have Dwight Freeney for 3 more weeks and the Texans lose top corner Jonathan Joseph for the next 2 months with a herniated disk.

AFC West: Formerly the most boring division in football, now both Kansas City and San Diego sit at 3-1 but having not played each other its hard to say how this division will play out. Oakland and Denver will be non-factors, that much is clear but I have a feeling this division will be decided in weeks 10 and 13, when these two teams meet up. Its going to be a tight run to the playoffs, can both teams find their way into the postseason?

Major Injuries: Both Kansas City and San Diego are injury free. What a crock of shit.

[​IMG]

NFC East: Talk about a division that has seen better days. Dallas, Philly and the Giants have a combined two wins. Washington stands alone in this division at 4-1. Can we start to say the AFC is back? The NFC has dominated the past 2 seasons but that doesn't seem to be the case this year. Can the Giants get back in the hunt? Dallas boasts the worst scoring offense in football. The rookie experiment with Delonte Waters hasn't panned out and veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick was brought in. The NFC "Beast" is ugly this year.... real ugly.

Major Injuries: Washington and the Giants are unscathed. Dallas has only a minor injury to MLB Sean Lee, who doesn't even start. The Eagles however won't have Desean Jackson for another 4 weeks with an abdominal tear. You'd think for a division playing this poorly, there would be some major injuries but that doesn't appear to be the case.

NFC North: The talk of this division is usually Green Bay and Detroit and this year isn't a whole lot different. Green Bay has been hit with the injury bug, and Detroit has suffered some key losses as well, but both teams are still going to duke it out for bragging rights this season. Chicago and Minnesota need to get things back on track, as does Detroit's awful defense. The favorite right now has to be Green Bay due to the injury to Matthew Stafford but this division should be pretty tight down the stretch.

Major Injuries: The Packers are down Pro Bowlers RG Josh Sitton (5wks) and MLB AJ Hawk (7wks) as well as starting ROLB Leroy Hill (8wks). Detroit wont have Stafford for another month and their best offensive lineman, Rob Sims for a month and a half. They will have to find ways to win with Matt Hasslecrap under center. The Bears won't have Brian Urlacher until the end of the season, if at all and lost starting FS Chris Conte for the next month. The Vikes are the lucky ones of the bunch, with only minor injuries.

NFC South: What has traditionally been the best division in football, the NFC South is proving they're still deserving of that title. No team has a losing record and while the Saints have an early lead on the division, anything is possible. The surprise team is Atlanta, who is 2-2 after suffering a loss in last years Superbowl. The Saints have to be the early favorite but Carolina is right there and continuing to get better and I would never count out the defending NFC Champs. My only question is, can Tampa Bay keep up? I think they can so this division is going to be an exciting one to watch.

Major Injuries: The Saints won't have Mark Ingram for another 7 weeks or playmaking WR DeMarcus Miles for another 9 weeks but that hasn't slowed down their offense yet. Carolina doesn't have starting ROLB Thomas Davis for another month and Tampa loses former college star Daquan Bowers for 7 weeks and nickle corner Leodis McKelvin for 3 weeks.

NFC West: The other division in the NFC that is getting knocked around is the West, unsurprisingly, as it has been one of the worst divisions in football for years. The 49ers still are the kings of this castle, in full control at 4-1 while the rest of the division has a combined 2 wins. Those 3 teams have been outscored by a combined 181-378. San Francisco is 3-0 in the division already and I expect them to run away with this one - can anyone get in their way?

Major Injuries: San Francisco is unscathed as are the Rams and the Cardinals have only minor injuries. The Seahawks lose SS Chinedum Ndukwe for 7 weeks. Much like the NFC East, you would think that injuries would have a larger role in the plight of this division but that doesn't appear to be the case here either.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

hmm Bears on a 2 game win streak since hiring New Coach and defeated the Packers yesterday with a GW FG (y) We are back on track lol jk Great writeup

3. Keller

I didn't see that unfortunately - there are probably a lot of things I overlooked but when all you have to go on is standings and such, what can ya do?

It'll be interesting to see if you can stay in the thick of things in the North.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

4-0 ! Still undefeated!

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Nice work Keller

6. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Nice write up Keller. I could do Power rankings also, TMFL does need more content.

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Good stuff.

Had 3 rough losses in a row but only 1 was in conference so hopefully we can right the ship and finally get into the playoffs.

8. Keller

Thats the right attitude.

9. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Its cool to look at early division breakdowns.... then a few weeks later see how everything can completely shift. First place teams suddenly last place teams and vice versa lol...Any Given Sunday

• Like Like x 1
  10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Good Job Keller

Shaun is definitely going to be tough

11. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Im coming for you buddy. I cant wait for my first official game in Madden 12 against the great XLXQ...May have to switch playbooks though. haha

12. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

LOL @ the great XLXQ

I just try to counter move my opponent to the best of my ability...

13. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Would you say you are a fan of the 46? ;)

14. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I like the 46, and the 34... and some of the different nickel packages in my playbook. I use the Multiple D PB

15. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Ah me too actually, I love it.

16. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I will not be in the hunt this season. sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward. 3 major things are hurting me this season. One is the regression of Manning. I am going to have to cut him after this season and suffer the cap hit. I am thinking about benching him in my next game. The second has been fumbles in critical times and the third is the loss of Osi and Canty my def does not function quite ass well with out those players.

17. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

bears win streak snapped today

18. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

Nice work Keller...

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I keep shitting my pants on offense.

20. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I know the feeling...

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm really a Madden rookie and I have yet to find a playbook I really like...using a new one every game isn't helping.

22. The Natural

Yeah Shaun you need to find a playbook ASAP. I mean I still suck but my at least having a playbook my sucking has an end goal lol. It helped I had a few buddies who gave me some suggestions of good playbooks so I was able to narrow it down to what I liked in about week.

23. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Hell I may not be in the playoff hunt but depending on the schedule I may get to play spoiler for it

24. The Natural

You really did an awesome job building the Broncos, that team is stacked! The CPU almost gave me a loss this week!

25. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I would not say stacked in the least bit but I do have a certain mold I like for a team so its taken me a couple hyears and feel I need a few more pieces but I like my youth and want to see what they can do when I get back from the field and we don't hve anything major on the horizon so I should be around for all next season. But good to know there putting up a fight.