Swami Sez - Season 3 Predictions

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Welcome back Football, crazy fans. The offseason has been long, arduous, exciting and for some teams even filled with regret BUT the birth of a new season has a way of renewing everyone's commitment to excellence - it refills the tank and lights a fire in the bellies of all the coaches and general managers around the league.

With all the anticipation, lets break down each division.

AFC East: You can't pick against the defending champs. I know they took a lot of hits from the offseason and this is not exactly the same team but they got better defensively and newly minted RB LeGarrett Blount is an ideal fit for the Jets. Look for the Jets to win this division again.

As for the other contenders in this division, all the teams could compete for a playoff spot. Buffalo's roster has greatly improved, maybe more than any other roster in the NFL. New England still has Tom Brady and returns Rob Gronkowski from injury all last year and Miami's Ryan Kaiser has been turning heads the entire offseason. This is going to be a tight division

Division MVP: Jets MLB Markis Savoie

AFC North: Ravens and Steelers are both playoff teams. The Browns are improving and like Buffalo, they have really made some interesting moves this offseason. The Bengals have the entire league scratching their heads and with that kind of inconsistency within the organization, I don't see how the team will play well. Expect Baltimore to have big time numbers with WR Dallas Strong and HB's Deangelo Williams and Shakim Simmons. If you put a gun to my head and asked me to pick a division winner, I'd go with Baltimore but I think Pittsburgh is still a damn good team, despite their age.

Division MVP: Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger

AFC South: Houston went all the way to the AFC championship last year and they made some splashy offseason moves trading away Andre Johnson and Arian Foster, bringing in Chris Johnson and Hakeem Nicks. That said, I expect this to be a very, very interesting division this year with the arrival of a new head coach in Tennessee. Jacksonville is improving, Tennessee is improving, the Colts still have Peyton Manning and Houston won the division last year. Again, gun to my head? I'll take Houston, I guess. But I'm not real confident about it.

Division MVP: Texans WR Torrey Sanders

AFC West: Possibly the most boring division in all of football. The Broncos head coach has recently invoked the oddest contract clause in history - sabbatical. Thats right, the coach is taking a sabbatical. Um - okay? Well I guess your NFL team will be waiting for you when you return. If that isn't odd enough, the Raiders head coach was hospitalized over the weekend - after a continuing bout with Coulrophobia. The Raiders organization has said they will stand behind their new coach, as he battles the disease. That brings us to Kansas City, who will run away with this division. San Diego, Denver and Oakland are all hapless. What a boring division.

Division MVP: Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles

NFC East: Washington surprised everyone and won this division last year, and I like their chances again this year. They added Greg Jennings and Casey Hampton in the offseason, they will be tough to beat. The Giants also played really well last year but I like them to take a step back this year. The Eagles and Cowboys resurgence can only mean more losses for Giants. I'll take Washington to win the division and if I had to pick one of the other teams to make the wildcard, I'd go with the Giants but like I said, the reemergence of the Cowboys and Eagles will hinder their chances.

Division MVP: Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul

NFC North: The Lions came away with this division last year and I expect them to do so again this year. Green Bay was hit with some cap casualties and while I expect Minnesota to continue to get better after hiring a new coach, I don't expect them to be able to stop the super-human Calvin Johnson. This is Detroit's division now, can anyone dethrone them? We'll see. I like some of the moves these teams have made this offeason, maybe that will close the gap in this division.

Division MVP: Lions WR Calvin Johnson

NFC South: Another one of the ultra competitive divisions, the NFC South will likely go down to the final week to decide whos in and whos out of the playoff race. Last year we saw the Falcons win the division and the Panthers fold late in the season, allowing the Saints to squeak back into the playoff picture. It meant little, as the Falcons still went on to represent the NFC in the Superbowl for the second season in a row, this time falling short to the NY Jets. Its a new season though and the Buccaneers have made a lot of offseason moves. The Cam Newton led Panthers continue to improve and the Saints have shown time and time again to never count them out. I'm still picking Atlanta to win this division but I'm 100% certain that another playoff team will come out of this division, its just a toss up who that will be. I'm pulling for the Bucs to make a reappearance but we'll see.

Division MVP: Falcons QB Matt Ryan

NFC West: Finally some intrigue in this division. The division winners from last year, the 49ers look to continue their dominance of this division all while mixing it up this offseason with the new head coach of the St Louis Rams. Shots have been fired, publicly, now lets watch and see how the battle takes shape. I like both of these teams to compete for the division crown but I'm still giving the edge to the 49ers, based on their experienced squad. The Seahawks have made a lot of moves this offseason but I just don't think they are quite there yet. They have some nice pieces here or there but they need a QB and some difference makers on the defensive side of the ball.

Division MVP: 49er HB Frank Gore

• Like Like x 3
  2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Good stuff but i will live with the qb i have. I went out and got spd wr and guys who can catch because of him. He isnt good throwing short but 95thp 91 medium acc and 92 deep acc is really good. His short is only 77.

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

AFC South is getting shaken up already. Crushed the Texans in our first game. If I hadn't fumbled the kick return twice he might not have scored at all.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Way to handle it with class. #actlikeyou'vebeentherebefore

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Says the guy who is badgering anyone who doesn't agree with him.

Nothing wrong with a little smack talk.

6. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah, you should be real proud of cheesing your way to a win. I think there should be a zero tolerance policy, so no smack talking.

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Cheese?

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I've played you once, and constructively I would say your drop backs are out of line with what I find acceptable.

9. fuzzyl0gic

It was said in jest, but I would watch your drop-backs and your reliance on slants, ins, and outs.

10. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I think you are 100% correct. I will be lucky to finish with a 6-10 record.

11. Keller

I'm not sure exactly why Mustang is packing up shop and leaving town - I'm pretty upset about it. That said, I would definitely appreciate it if it was not being rubbed in - though I don't really think that was Monkey's intention.

12. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Mustang is dropping?

13. Keller

Yes.

14. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Didn't know he left. Was just friendly banter. Was looking forward to playing him again.

15. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Your upset about Mustang leaving. Why can't I get any love like that. You were happy when I wanted to leave.

16. fuzzyl0gic

LOL You want some attention and a cookie? :D

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  17. Keller

If you recall - I asked you to reconsider your decision to leave, if I'm not mistaken.

18. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I am just joking with you.

19. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

only if that coockie is laced with vg roids.

• Like Like x 1
  20. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

You should at least make the playoffs first before talking shit to another player.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

=]

I've come really close.

22. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yeah, thanks for the Um-okay, sabbatical thing, how about a little love I mean I could have been drafted to join the service or something damn Keller