Swan Song

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Guys, I'm going to call this year my last one in AM. I had planned on hanging around until December, but with finals coming up and with the packing I have to start doing at some point, this will probably be the best time for me..

If this were any other group of guys, this would be a lot easier. But I want to stress that you guys are all great, and have made the league so enjoyable for the time I've been here. Especially recchem2000 , who took a shot in the dark on me by PMing me a few days after I joined the site with an invitation in to Night Owls. He gave me an opportunity to meet all of you guys out on the West Coast, and I'm grateful for it. Even though he's old.

Just because I will be leaving does not mean that I won't be checking in on you guys every so often. Jayrah needs to be kept in check, or is magic jackassery will get out of hand. And somebody for the love of god beat whygodwhy1111 . gowazzucougs , I know that your days are numbered too with the new addition coming up, and I wish you the best with all of that. Same to you Wyrmreaver . MexiRican35 , I know never to run the FB dive four plays in a row from the one yard line against a superior team because of you, but I will never admit that the field goal went over the crossbar. Never. Because it didn't. Kapono - learn to run the ball, please. Please! That goes double for you SatansAngel1104 . Boom29 , it will be easier to come back if the Weekly Worst is back, because that is must read content. You are great with that, and it was a pleasure getting to meet you as well. Dru50 - I know you're not a part of this league anymore, but you're what got this premier thing rolling. And then there's the whole letting me sleep at your house thing... thanks for that too :)

Guys, thank you for all the good memories here. I firmly believe that there is not a better group of guys on this site than the ones here. I am truly honored to have been a part of it for so long, and I wish there was a way that I could continue to do so. I know at least one of you don't want me to leave, but as I explained in my PM there is just absolutely no way that I can continue when I'm going to be in bed by 8:00 pst.

Thank you again for everything. Good luck to all of us this year, and to the rest of you in the future!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Amen to everything Cheez said. After Midnight has good peoples.

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

You mean I get to beat you one last time?

[​IMG]

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Damn it Cheez can't you be a student a little longer? Im bummed you are leaving but knew this day would come. You really should ditch the midwest and come out here. Its sunny, warm and the chicks are hot! Plus you'd get to stay in After Midnight. I hope we can all get together again some day for another drinking binge, er, I mean football game :confused: Good luck molding the youth of America!

• Like Like x 2
  5. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Was a good time Cheez, Im assuming you may be back in NCAA '14? Otherwise theres a higher price to this final game.

Run the ball? Bah ever since 2012 when Demps won the Heisman in my first season i vowed not to run the ball. Run n Shoot baby!!!
    Are you staying in Chicago? My tentative future plans have me moving there in a year. hehe

6. Cheez

• NCAA '14 - doubtful. Unless I don't find a teaching job and go back to school for additional certifications...
    • Run the ball - do it, damn it!!!
    • I'm not in Chicago now. I'm in Rockford. As for where I'll be - it all depends on where I can get a job. Although, I would rather be in a rural district. I'm country folk, so I don't belong in the big city

7. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Didnt you see Bad Teacher... you dont have to be awake to teach... ;p kidding. Prolly one of the jobs you should be alert for lol. I get to roll in half asleep, write some code... bitch about offshore teams and go home.
    Ahh. Yeh i wont be in the city itself either... prolly Naperville area not the country though.

8. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

At least I'll get to play you this season before you become a quitter Cheez

great example for the kids bro :)

Best of luck and I second Zach's suggestion, come out west, it's awesome out here!

9. Cheez

I was there for a day :)