Swatting Passes

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Coach_III, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

anybody having trouble with the swat pass bumper LB or L1 ? My DBs don.t seem to respond when I press the button.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    You have to be in position, they don't warp toward the ball this year.

3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I guess practice mode it is then..lol

4. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

with that being said. Are you having any success Shaun?

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I haven't had any issue this year not swatting passes where I have in the past.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've never swatted before. What's the advantage of swatting instead of catching?

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I think, especially this year, it is a risk/reward thing. Swatting is safer for the defense. If you go for the pick you have a chance to intercept it, but you also have a chance to get burned.

This year I've found that if I go for the user pick and dont get it, the receiver has a better chance of making a big play. Its almost as if the catch animation slows the defender down or something.

8. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I normally swat, unless it's a softer ball. Swat works wonders and when people do it it seems to add a heightened level of difficulty when throwing to them

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Its a case by case basis thing. I generally swat I'd say 85% of the time but there are cases when it behooves you to go for the user pick obviously.

10. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Yea I swat alot of times unless I know I can pick it. But I was just having problems doing so this year. I gotta lab it out and get better

11. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I agree with Keller, and Coach and see what you are saying. The one thing I noticed is there must be an anticipation to the swat. Last year it was an instant swat but this year it appears I have to do it a second before the ball reaches the WR. Try and see if you agree...maybe it's just me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I just try to catch it, and if I don't it becomes a swat...

13. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I will try this

14. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Usually the WRs are already 5-10 yards past my secondary when the ball is thrown to them. We play the "hope for a bad pass or drop" instead of swat or pick.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Depends on the throw for me. If the QB throws a lob pass or something I have time to get under/in front of I'll go for the pick. If he's throwing a bullet down the sideline or over the middle I'll just swat it down real quick.

16. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Yeah, and if I think I might not have the angle to swat it, sometimes just sprinting at the receiver and hitting him as the ball gets there will prevent the catch as well. I really like that in this year's game players will drop balls most of the time if they get hit as they are making the catch. Big improvement over last year's game where everything was a completion or an interception.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i was just going to say that Moon. If the receiver has position on me with the ball in the air i'm going to try and deck him instead of going for the ball.

Blonde - I actually do it the other way this year. The balls with some air underneath it seem to be the ones that slip through - especially if you have your back to the QB. Those i'll just try and knock down. The throws more on a line seem to be easier to pick off for DBs.