Sweet photo from GT5

Discussion in 'Tradition Racing' started by jms493, Dec 6, 2010.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

not from me

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Somebody needs to buy me a PS3

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How's the game JMS?

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Its a Classic GT. Seems like it is a little unfinished as they release a patch like everyday. I love the License tests. Driving feels very natural. Damage is meh (it needs to be unlocked). The collisions are funny as it sounds like too cardboard boxes banging against each other. I can't really make out why it took 5 years to make this game. But overall I am happy with it.....ill give it a 7.9 and Forza 3 a 8.9.

Bottom line is that if you like GT games then you will like this.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I know that the reviewers are very amateur drivers but it is weird... When I see the videos it's like all the CPU drivers have their car under control and these guys are constantly just careening at the edge of disaster around the course.. You as a better drive presumably, can you take a professional looking line around the track most of the time? Braking is a lot different than Forza, right?

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The CPU Drivers still suck....which is annoying. I haven't gotten far into the career to know how much harder it gets. You can still beef your car up and crush the CPU in alot of races.

The driving is similar to Forza....I think Forza is a little more forgiving. I did not have any problems keeping the car on the track. I went on online and killed some kids.

For example I went to Laguna Seca and did some test laps b/c I know that track like the back of my hand and after 1 lap with a new car I was ripping through it just like Forza. Once you get used to the shitty PS3 controller it isn't hard.

You of course would have no problem but you need to give it a few hours of just getting used to a slightly different driving game.

Things I don't like is the sound. Engines are meh, the sound of screetching tires is the same from GT1, and the collision sounds are HORRIBLE. 5 years of development I was disappointed in that. Very easy to drive in cock pit but the best view is probably over the hood/bonnet (Del).

I like the special bonus/Test events. Very challenging and very diverse.

The racing through the career is Forza like.....pretty boring. I dont think I did more that 2-3 career cups in Forza. This game it is kind of tough to collect money without racing.

You can spend alot of time in this game....especially trying to GOLD all the license tests....some are a mutherfucker and some are WAY too easy.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah it just sounds like Gran Turismo 1 with prettier visuals. I CANNOT BELIEVE that they don't have car customization. That's astounding. It makes me think that Turn 10 is just way, way ahead of them.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Game looks horrible

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah all you can do is add spoliers, wheels, paint, racing kits.

Ill take customizing cars over a fucking track creator IMO.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member