Archived Swinney Out; Paw in for Clemson

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ThePaw, Oct 2, 2010.

1. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Swinney Out; Paw in for Clemson

Swinney Steps Down As Clemson Head Coach, Cites Personal Reasons

[​IMG]

Former Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney shocked everyone when he announced that he would be stepping down from his position effective immediately the day before the game against FCS NW. Clemson had not been having a terrible season by any means going 6-2 under his reign and a #16 ranking.

"I just have a lot of issues at home I need to deal with. When I accepted the head coaching job after Bowden I swore to myself I would still be a family man at heart. Sadly, I did not see what a time burden it would be. I just need to have more time with my kids, man." Said Dabo when asked about his decision.

In comes Coach Paw who is sure to be a relative unknown among the Clemson faithful.

"I'm in total disbelief right now that Clemson hired me to be their man. When I went to interview for the job I didn't think I had a chance in hell. I've been a Clemson man all my life, and i'm going to try to bring back the coaching style of Danny Ford. Hit them in the mouth and then throw over them with the playaction. I'm not to fond of this spread non-sense." says Paw

How the rest of the season will play-out has to be on the minds of all Clemson fans. Some are already saying that Clemson should have went out and hired a big name coach. We'll have to see how Coach Paw responds.

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

boooooooo lol jk welcome bruh

P.S. lol @ A-Roid hitting over 9000 *dies*

3. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Welcome aboard paw!

4. BG

BG On The Rize!

Welcome Folk!

5. ThePaw

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, looking forward to playing you next advance forever.

6. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Welcome aboard Paw. I have to ask - how do you get the ESPN layout and how you put the text in like that? The one from your game summary looks great.

7. ThePaw

I use premade layouts made by someone else so I have to credit Jhammack there. If you have photo shop I can send you the templates if you want. If you have any other imaging device I can just erase all the text and send you a blank one as well.

8. Maximus21

I use paint.net and picasa so I don't know if that is good enough software to work with that stuff. If it is I'll gladly take whatever you can offer.

9. ThePaw

I suggest GIMP.http://www.gimp.org/ It's a free program that can open the psds so you can edit them. Which ones do you want? The score one and the sportscenter one?

10. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

HAHAHAH not sure how late i am on this but the side headlines on that are pretty funny

11. Maximus21

I'd like all the ones I've seen so far. The recruit one is definitely better than just copying the lifeless pictures from the dynasty site.

12. ThePaw

Sure thing, i'll PM the links to you.

13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Any chance i could get those links to the templates as well, they look really sharp. I have photoshop dont know how to use it that well but this would give me a boost to learn something new.

14. ThePaw

Yup, I sent them to you. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

15. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

welcome, looking forward to the new recruiting battles