Switching Schools NEW RULE/CRITERIA

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Oct 26, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Switching Schools NEW RULE/CRITERIA

Switching Schools​

General:
    - You must stay at each school for a minimum of 4 seasons (replacing all players with your own.)

- You may leave earlier than 4 seasons if you have:
    1. Won Coach of the Year (awarded from game)
    2. Won the National Championship
    3. Reached/won the conference championship in 3 of 4 seasons (obviously, would have to be the first 3 seasons.)

- Coaches leaving will take turns picking teams based off of their success. Success (and first pick) will be determined by
    1. Conference Titles Won
    2. Win/Loss Record (%)
    3. User vs User Record (%)

- Moves must be made to a conference where there is another member. 4 user vs user games will still be required if possible.

- All moves will take place after the bowl games.

Schools you can switch to:
    - You must switch to a school atleast 2 stars less than the prestige of the school you are leaving.
    - For every extra star/year above the school you want to switch to, you are able to replace a more successful coach. (notice change in win %)
    - To switch to a... (records can be seen when taken offline)
    • :1stars: school
      - 3 star/below .500 record
      - 4 star/below .600 record
      - 5 star/below .650 record
    • :2stars: school
      - 4 star/below .500 record
      - 5 star/below .600 record
      - 6 star/below .650 record
    • :3stars: school
      - 5 star/below .500 record
      - 6 star/below .600 record
      - 7 star (6 star + 1 extra year)/below .650 record
    • :4stars: school
      - 6 star/below .450 record
      - 7 star (6 star + 1 extra year)/below .550 record
      - 8 star (6 star + 2 extra year)/below .700 record
    • :5stars: school
      - 7 star (6 star + 1 extra year)/below .450 record
      - 8 star (6 star + 2 extra year)/below .550 record
      - 9 star (6 star + 3 extra year)/below .700 record
    • :5stars::1stars: school
      - 8 star (6 star + 2 extra year)/below .400 record
      - 9 star (6 star + 3 extra year)/below .500 record
      - 10 star (6 star + 4 extra year)/below .650 record

*In bullets - Prestige of school wanting to switch to.
    *Underlined - Your current school's prestige.
    *Percentage - Required win percentage of coach replacing.

What conference?
    - w/ a conference championship: SEC, Big 12, or ACC
    1. At this point, the SEC is definitely too prestigious for us to move to, and there aren’t enough jobs open.

2. The Big 12 will be a tough one to move to as well, because it is so heavily dominated by the South. However, we could make that work with 3 users in the North, and either 1 or no users in the South division.

3. The ACC looks like it could work. It's a little more balanced, and depending on how the team's do there could be multiple openings.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9 Column 10 Column 11 Column 12 Column 13 Column 14 Column 15 Column 16 Column 17 Column 18
    Big 12 North * Record Big 12 South * Record SEC East * Record SEC West * Record ACC (Atlantic) * Record ACC (Coastal) * Record
    Iowa State 2 8-19 Baylor 2 9-18 Kentucky 3 12-14 Arkansas 3 14-13 Maryland 3 22-8 Virginia 3 9-18
    Kansas State 3 15-13 S Carolina 2 8-18 Miss State 2 10-17 Wake Forest 3 16-11 Georgia Tech 3 14-13
    Colorado 3 14-14 Vandy 2 17-11 Duke 2 7-19
    Kansas 3 9-17

- w/o a conference championship: Big 10, Pac 10, Big East
    1. Big East is doable, but the teams are very good prestigious wise.

2. Big 10 is my favorite. There are quality teams to pick from, there are great teams to play, and spots open. (I think this is going to be the best bet if we have 3+ people looking to move.)

3. I feel the same way about the Pac 10 as I do about the Big East, but wouldn’t definitely put this above the Big East.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9
    Big 10 * Record Big East * Record Pac 10 * Record
    Illinois 3 15-12 UConn 2 8-18 Arizona 2 12-15
    Indiana 3 11-16 Pitt 2 9-17 Stanford 2 6-19
    Iowa 3 14-13 Rutgers 3 21-8 UCLA 2 9-17
    Michigan St 3 7-19 USF 3 17-10 Washington 3 14-12
    North Western 2 13-15 Syracuse 3 7-20 Wash St 2 8-18
    Purdue 3 11-14

- Independents: We could also move to an independent school if anyone wanted to take over Notre Dame, Navy, or Army. Navy and Army are both 1 star programs. The user could either join a conference as soon as offered (offline), or remain independent and schedule against the rest of the dynasty.

Summary: (please read, it took me a little over an hour to post this)

I took everyone’s opinions into consideration when coming up with this, and I like what I am left with. I know some of you are going to be disappointed that I changed the ruling to 4 seasons at each school, but I still made it possible to leave early. On deciding which coaches to replace, I just went with the simple solution of whether or not they had a .500 record because you can’t really keep track of their bowl records, conference titles, etc.

I think this is going to work fine if know tries to find loop holes. It is going to make things very interesting, because we will be keeping track of how other schools and seeing which coaches are on the hot seat!

I’d prefer that for now, people move to the Big 10, Pac 10, or Big East. Then, maybe the next switch we can move into the SEC or Big 12. However, the Big 12 can still be a possibility in our first move.

I am willing to make additional changes. What does everyone think?

edit: I would also like to say that while 4 seasons may seem like forever, I forsee the dynasty speeding up once we get further into winter.

2. dub

dub Banned

looks good man. So does that mean Parrothead can switch after this season?

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

No biggie if we don't move though, right?

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Parrothead would apply to the rule of leaving early.

and if 1ke were to win the conference again this year, he would apply too.

No, you don't have to leave...I doubt I will. I will definately wait until after my OLB graduates or if he transfers/goes pro. By that time, however, I'll probably have some other studs so I dont know.

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Ugh Im torn...lol

6. b milley

b milley Walk On

Everything sounds good to me, as soon as I can I'm getting the hell out of Bowling Green.

7. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

works for me. thanks for putting in the time to reach a thoughtful decision, Murk.

8. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

9. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Question? I think these are the only two coaches who will be available unless someone else wins the coach of the year or National Championship. One of the rules states you have to move to a conference with someone else in it. How is this going to work if Parrot is the only one who decides to leave? And I assume if they both decide to leave they have to choose the same conference. Just some thoughts.

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Oh, the power! Mwahahaha. And someone has to be first. I imagine the first few people out would be opening up the conferences. I think it would be hard to get two people to decide on the exact conference they plan on being in for the next few seasons. There will definitely be a transition period, but as long as we get a good number of user games in, it should be good, I think.

11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I don't think you have to make the first three or four people join a conference with someone else in it. Let those people open up the conferences and then once three are open, no new ones can be open. Put a cap of 4 people in each conference if we're going 3 conferences. Just a thought.

12. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Hey, why don't you have the ACC listed. It usually has a solid group of crappy schools that could be 2 or 3 star plus it has a conference championship?

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I thought they only played basketall in the ACC? :D

That is a good point, though. I don't see where the ACC is better than the other conferences listed. Guessing it was just a slip-up.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

If they left at the same time, they'd have to go to the same conference.

If parrothead is the only one that would apply, and no one else will until the following season then he can go by himself.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

not everyone is going to leave, and there will people that can't leave after the 4th season. I'm not gonna have three people leave to a bunch of different conferences and then have them have no competition besides the CPU.

riptides - I never though of the ACC, that will be a good addition.

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

So I guess then we'd both have to agree on the same conference? That could be tough. You can see where my allegiances lie with the flags in my sig, but USC will be out of the running based on the prestige level. Not sure if I want to snag ISU in this, though, as I've got an offline dynasty I'm playing with them. Guess we'll have to wait and see who 1ke wants, too, provided he wins his conference, or someone else if they win the NC or COTY.

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Ok so as we have it now
    Parrot can leave after this year
    Ike,Rip,Troy,York,Nati,Murk,Max,Jman can leave after next year.
    Dub,Shrike and Bmilley have to wait 2 more years (unless win COY or MNC).
    from peoples posts Parrot wants out after this year. He will have to schedule 4 ooc games against CUSA and MAC teams. He can go to SEC,Big 12 or ACC correct?. If Ike wins this year he can jump and go to one of those conferences. After year 4 it seems Rip,me,max and Nati want out but we can only go to Big East,Pac 10 or Big 10 correct? Parrot and Ike will be by their selves in the big conference and troy and Jman left alone in the CUSA to dominate and 4 guys left in the MAC. After year 5 it seems Bmilley,dub want out if Dub wins mac next 2 years he can go to SEC,Big 12 ACC. So that leaves only 2 maybe 3 teams in those conf. 6-7 in the Big East,Pac 10,Big 10 and 2 in CUSA and 1 In MAC. WHY DID I TYPE ALL THIS OUT? I was thinking outloud...

18. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think my head just started spinning. lol

I do plan on moving on after this season, provided there is a school I can go to that I would be interested in. Anyone that wins COTY (by the game) or the NC will be able to move on, too.

To go along with this, 1ke said he was unsure if he wanted to leave or not. If he stays, would this eliminate the Pac-10 for me? They have 9 conference games, so that would only leave room for 3 out of conference games and the rule is 4. Is this able to be changed for year 1 of the "moving on" year? 1ke, if you do decide to move on, what conference(s) are you interested in?

To add another question to the mix, how is the order of team selection done for moving on? Is it overall record? Is it who did more with less? Are any criteria more important than the others? Just wondering.

19. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

My head hurts too. We seem to be taking something fairly simple and turning into a national catastrophe.

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

or turning it into the BCS formula. :HoosierHoo:

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

:)

1. You can move on earlier than 4 seasons IF you win coach of the year, win the national championship, OR win conference 3 years in a row (3 of 4).

If you are the only one leaving after this season, you can go wherever you want. There will probably be about 3-5 people leave the next seasons, chances are great that one of them will want to move to your conference, and either way someone will have to. We will not have multiple users outside of our original conferences for more than 1 season. So, if you guys can't agree on a conference (which I don't get why that'll be super complicated) the next people will have to join the ones you guys are in.

We aren't going to have every conference filled guys. Just 1 or 2. We have 12 users, and not everyone wants to leave right away.

The criteria for who gets to pick first is listed. 1. conf titles 2. overall record 3. user game record. In that order.

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

For argument's sake, let's say that 1ke wins the conference and another person here wins COTY. Let's also suppose that 1ke decides to leave, as does the other COTY winner (including myself). We'd all have to agree on a conference, then, based on what we're saying. It just gets a little more complicated with the more that are eligible to move was all I was saying. The easiest way would be for 1ke to not win the conference and nobody else to win the NC or COTY. Then I'll just decide for us. :D

With the criteria above, 1ke, you've got first pick if you become eligible to leave. Schools are going to be calling you now, trying to get you to show up!

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, that could happen, but we'd pick between two conferences. My point is we are not going to have 3 people leave and go to 3 different conferences. There would be no competition, and it would be retarded.

24. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Gotcha. Totally agree.

25. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Wow...I started trying to read through most of this and my brain got numb.