Switching Schools YOUR IDEA

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Oct 22, 2009.

?

Are you interested in switching schools within the next two seasons?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Switching Schools YOUR IDEA

Post how you would handle this situation, and vote on the poll. Until I say so, I just want your posts to be your specific idea on how this could work. I don't want the entire thread cluttered and hard to understand just yet.

current system in place:

1. You must stay at each school a minimum of 5 seasons to be considered for a switch

- and achieve one of these accomplishments in those 5 seasons
    2. If you are voted "Coach of the Year", you may switch schools
    3. If you won the National Championship, you may switch schools
    4. If you increased your schools' prestige by 4 stars, you may switch schools
    5. The prestige of the school you are leaving must be two stars above the one you are wanting to switch to. So if you are at a 5 star school, you can switch to a 3 star or lower. If you want to switch to a 6 star school, you must stay with your current team at the 6 star level for an extra 2 seasons

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I say chop it down to a minimum of 4 years.

must have raised prestige by at least 3.

I like the idea of 4 users each in the Big12, ACC, and SEC.

But we might want to take a poll and see where everyone wants to end up first.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

The 4 star rule is almost mute because I believe all of our teams were at least 2 stars, mine was 3 and so were some others so teams would have to be 6 star to qualify for that stipulation. Might as well take that out.

As far as the destination conferences go, it should simply be seeded by the most criteria met gets first choice, then next most successful coach, etc.

I voted no, I'm not interested in moving anyway so I'm neutral on the whole thing.

4. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

My thoughts:
    1. I like chopping the time down to 4 seasons.
    2. Agree
    3. Agree
    4. Agree, 4 stars in 4 seasons is doable, but I would be OK with 3 star increase as well
    5. Agree

I would be down to switch to Big12 or SEC whenever I actually qualify to relocate. I like the idea of 4 users per conference.

5. b milley

b milley Walk On

What he said.

6. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I feel the same as previous two.

My thoughts:
    1. I like chopping the time down to 4 seasons.
    2. Agree
    3. Agree
    4. I think a 3 star increase is sufficient. How would you go from 3 to 7 star?
    5. Agree

My preference in order when making a move would be SEC, ACC, BIG 12.

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I think we should leave it at 3 if you're able to meet one of the criteria of being national champs or winning coach of the year. Not sure if you can just count on a star being added to school prestige every year for a good year or not, so I think that should part should be thrown out. In real life, if your school was a six star school, who would leave? Very rare situation. Perhaps leave it with the 2 criteria above, or winning 2 conference championships in 3 or 4 years.

For everyone, I think after 5 seasons, anyone who has been winning consistently (maybe 45-50 wins over the course of the 5 seasons) should be allowed to move.

In terms of a second move, I would think you would have to move out of the conference you're in (for instance, you can't make the move from Iowa State to Texas), as that so very rarely happens. I also think that if you're in a BCS conference, perhaps you don't have to move down 2 stars, but instead just 1 unless you've been at a 6 star for 2 consecutive seasons.

Just thoughts on how I'd implement it. I'm just ready to be done with NIU and move on to a school that I like.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Now we can discuss further..

I like your ideas, I think the criteria of increasing your schools prestige is too weak because you can do that with a mediocre season. So I should come up with something else like what riptides said about having a 10 win season.

9. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Only thing I dont like is - if one person moves... they will likely dominate their conference without any user "speed bumps"

10. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Yeah, I think we may have to move in groups of at least 2-4 in order to keep some user games in tact.

11. BDSDIGITAL

You guys could go 4 at a time, maybe top two from CUSA and top two from MAC. Then the four best get the first choice of conference and teams. Kinda fitting.

12. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I have no preference.

I picked no b/c I don't plan on leaving Tulsa any time soon. ONLY possibly if OK State/OU have a Tuuuuuuuurrible season.

I like Tulsa though, its fun as hell right now IMO.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

any other ideas? Im leaving it up to you guys. I don't think any switches should be made until after your fourth season, but we could keep it at 3.

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I want it to happen this year. I think 3 years is enough to take over a school at the levels we will be taking over. This is what I suggest if we stay 3 years and leave we have to take over a team at 2* in either the ACC SEC or Big 12. If we stay 4 years we can choose to take over a 3* team in those same conferences. All coaches to leave must play a minimum of 3 user games. If they can't get them in conference they have to be matched up with OOC games in either the MAC or CUSA. As more people move on or stay we can set up schedules to get back to 4 user v user games. The three user games will be enough because playing in the bigger conference is going to be hard enough.

15. dub

dub Banned

Are there 4 2 star schools in those conferences?

Like ACC, the only team I can think of in that category is Duke. I think VA and Maryland are 4, are they not?

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I ask the question....What about the Big 10/Pac 10/Big East. With 4 users (maybe) i dont see the need to have a conference title game. I like the idea of having a the regular season being that much MORE important knowing everygame could cost you conference including your 1st user v user game and your last as well. I didnt really want to move until I thought about how interesting it might be to have that kind of tension all season long.

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

yes duke is a 2* VA and Maryland are now 3* so is GT in the sec SC,Vandy,miss st are 2* and Baylor and Iowa st in big 12 there are 9 3* teams in the big 3 5 2* as of this season this could change by the end of this season though.

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I like that too Ike I would def vote for those conferences Im an east coast guy and would love to play with a pac 10 team.

19. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Still really up in the air if I wanna leave tho.... I kinda really wanna stay

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

yeah it would really be hard I like my guys but my favorite part of coaching is building the team up. I like that challenge and I feel it really wasn't that hard with Houston they had some really good players when I got here unlike some of the other teams.

21. dub

dub Banned

Well, I actually think the Big East teams have the same level of talent as the Conference USA teams.. to be honest.

Also if we don't need to have a conference championship. Why not spread it out more?

The transition is going to spread out the teams any way. Instead of 4 teams, which would be half the Big East. Can't we do 2 or 3 user conferences? Playing the 3rd or 4th user game out of conference?

I have a gut feeling that most of the MAC teams want to leave..lol

22. BDSDIGITAL

You should definitely leave. Take on a new challenge. See what you can do with Indiana....(y)

23. dub

dub Banned

I'm actually surprised there isn't a 1 star league here. I do this all the time, with guess who..

FIU

24. dub

dub Banned

That would be awesome.

I'd like to take over at NC State, but I think they're a 4 star team.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think we should wait until 4 seasons, going into the 5th. There would be different criteria than there is right now.

I think 4 seasons, because that way when you leave it is ALL guys that you brought in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.