T1 2012 Vote 2 - Two or Three Conferences?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jun 5, 2011.

?

What type of league setup?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2011.
  1. 2 Conferences

9.1%
  2. 3 Conferences

90.9%
  1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Before deciding WHICH conferences we should be, I think we have to look at what we want the league setup to be.

The positives of the 2 conference setup is a greater chance of multiple in-conference rivalries. For instance having 3 teams in the SEC West and 3 in the SEC East always turns out to be a lot of fun. Honestly, the more user names are listed in the standings the more interesting it is to look at. The downside is that the schedules become somewhat rigid. You generally have 3-5 user games IN CONFERENCE so depending on the luck you might not play an out of conference opponent for years. Another possible advantage to this would be the possibility of having all our teams on the east coast or something... ACC and SEC.. Pac 12 and Big Ten... Those to me make more sense than say Pac 12 / ACC / SEC and would make for intense recruiting battles. Maybe I'm just weird.

The positive of the 3 conference setup is national representation and coverage from coast to coast, as well as flexible scheduling and (hopefully) playing everybody in the league. With 2 conferences you're looking at maybe Pac 12/ SEC with a huge gap in the middle, or Big 12 / SEC with a big gap on the left. Just weird. I have always favored 3 conferences but let's see what the majority sez.

As always, please only vote if you're in the league.

2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Well one cool thing this year if we go with three conferences is that you can change the bowl tie-ins to match up the conferences.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I really like how 3 conferences worked out this season. It seems everyone got to play everyone else OOC for the most part.

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I voted for 3 conferences. It will allow the conferences/divisions to be balanced and help with scheduling.

2 conference setups are fun too though. I would not be opposed to a 2 conference set up.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah, part of me keeps thinking about a potential ACC vs. SEC 2-conf. setup... .In the ACC, users would likely control every top team except FSU (I expect they will be 5 star) while in the SEC there are obviously lots of options with only Florida, Alabama likely being out of play completely. Maybe Auburn but I can't see them making Auburn a 6-star team. In that scenario I'd love to be Clemson. The recruiting battles would be sick.

I still prefer 3 conf. with the Pac 12 being in there and then we'll have to decide on the other conferences.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

ACC v SEC would definitely make for some badass concentrated recruiting battles. Only thing is the nationwide coverage thing.

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Voted 3 to vary up from my last online dynasty. I think we can vary the OOC games more that way. My personal preference is that SEC and ACC are out, as that was the last OD for me. Just personal preference, though. If we went that route, I'd probably look to be in the 3rd conference (or in the SEC, since I was Miami in the last one).

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    3 is the way to go, add in changing the bowl stuff, we should be good money.

10. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I voted for two just to give it some love since I knew it was going to lose.

11. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I'm thinking the conferences will be Pac12, Big 12 and SEC. Just guessing from everyone's comments so far.

12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I like the Pac 12, SEC and ACC personally.

13. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

That works as well I guess. I don't think there will be any 6star ACC teams so only FSU and Miami would be out if we go with Heli's suggestion.

14. jfosh

jfosh Super

I am more concerned about which conferences rather than how many. I think with 3 conferences I have a better chance of getting the conference I want.

15. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I think we have already decided on which conferences. I think it is Pac 12, Big 10 and SEC.

16. jfosh

jfosh Super

Im happy already

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Same here, but it's mostly from checking out Riptides's avatar.

18. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Got a few more in the vault that I'll pull out in due time.