T1 2013

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MaxATX34, May 31, 2012.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

NCAA 2013 is right around the corner now, so it is about time for a hype thread! I think we all agree on waiting until we have the game in-hand to make any permanent decisions regarding teams/conferences etc. but there is no harm in getting the discussion about next cycle going.

• What team(s) would you want to use?
    • What kind of offense/defense do you think you will run?
    • Any new content ideas?

Stick your head in here and weigh in.

[​IMG]

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I will be pushing hard for a 2-conference setup for a couple reasons.

Scheduling - Much easier with two - Cuts the time in half to do the schedule
    Last season - We had 3 - just changing it up for the sake of change is almost appealing
    Same people - Tired of the same people in the conf. championship every single year. I would split us up so it is actually a feat to win a conf. title.

New content will depend somewhat on the interface offered this year and such... No promises from me, but I'd really like to do a thread for my team this year and do updates for all my games in there.

PS MaxATX34 you're the last game in week 9 please play.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I like 2 conferences as well. Way back when in my first league on the site (TF4) we had two conferences and it definitely makes every game count. Also, you get the conference vs. conference dynamic and an OOC fight for bragging rights etc. Depending on which two conferences we use, the recruiting battles could get intense.

PAC-12 vs. B1G and SEC vs. Big-12 seem to be obvious choices if we go with BCS conferences.

I'll play the game as soon as I get home.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am not too opinionated on the subject....if it makes it easier for the commissioner then that is fine with me.

5. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

FYI, if having user bowl match ups mean anything to y'all, you may wanna consider SEC and Big Ten. Those two conferences play each other in bowls more than any other 2.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can now announce that bravejaf and Jman are going to be joining the Tradition for NCAA 13 release. Very happy about this. Talk about a tough league getting tougher. Also, jfosh will be coming back. I weighed the comments by the league and the majority wanted him no matter what. So here is the lineup.

Mogriff
    jms
    Twister
    smlvictories
    Hellisan
    bravejaf
    Hotrod
    Jman
    Gravity
    jfosh
    MaxATX
    mboda

With regards to conferences, does the Big 12 play a conference championship game? I don't think they have enough members for that, right? I'm not letting you have Texas MaxATX34

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]
    My new fave gif

• Like Like x 1
  8. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I really appreciate the opportunity you guys have given me. Obviously, leaving is pretty bittersweet. I really enjoyed getting my arse kicked in T1, but couldn't turn down the opportunity to run my own PL. No doubt I will do my best to replicate the kind of camaraderie that exists in T1. Congrats to bravejaf and Jman , this league is a blast.

Also, don't for a minute think I'm not looking for vengence on you dudes. I'm coming for ya'll after release in some exhibitions.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Thanks for the opportunity to play in this league.

For schedules and conferences, I see no problems with a 2 conference setup. As a former commish, I agree that it makesfor easier scheduling.

In regards to new content, one thing I can provide is a yearly report on quarterbacks. I was very bored one day (probably had a bye week) and made a modified formula for QB rating. It is still a work in progress but can be used to track performance of quarterbacks on a season by season basis. Also, if employed at beginning of dynasty, we can keep track of all QB's through the life of the dynasty.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Haha, I really can't say I find myself playing many exhibition games; if you take away the recruiting and team development angle, I just can't "get it up" for games as much.

I was gonna do a T1 vs. T2 tournament which would have been an exception to the idea that I only play against other people in dynasty play but the kabosh was put on that when I found out that Drifterbub .... wait for it... Hates playing user games?

Man, talk about disappointment. This was like finding out that Michael Jordan hated playoff games. :D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Hahaha

12. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I'm liking what I'm seeing for T1 in '13

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I wanna do a podcast. I have no idea how to set one up though. I'm also down for w/e conferences.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  14. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

As long as max isn't allowed to use texas; i'm down for any conferences

15. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    SEC and Big 10 sounds good to me

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I have wanted to do one of these for a while as well. I wouldnt mind helping out.

Welcome! I think I remember you two from somewhere...
    No, they are at 10 members right now but we could add Clemson/FSU and set up a CCG and the future "Champions Bowl" between the SEC and Big12. There are a lot of fun teams in the Big12, and if we went with those two conferences the recruiting footprint would stay relatively tight.

What? Why? They suck. ;)

17. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

At a second glance, this league roster is fucking stacked.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

To say I'm excited is an understatement. I look forward to it immensely.

As to teams, I am a BigXII-2-2+2 guy but I can find someone in any conference with no problem. After all, it'll be the same shitty user using them no matter what. Hehe.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm interested to know if you guys would like to use low end teams, middle tier teams, or top teams, or a mix?

I could look at league records from last season, for instance, and have the guys with the least # of wins get the 6-star teams, the middle tier get a max of 5-stars, and the guys with the most wins get the 4-star teams or something. I'm really up for anything, just need you guys to kind of think about it and at some point we will have a vote.

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Rags to Riches baby...

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Say what?

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I approached him about a tourney and he would fully support it, other than playing in it. Without commish involvement I think it's kind of dead in the water, at least from where I'm standing. I don't mean to call him out, he said it was common knowledge amongst you folk that he didn't like user games.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I think it's certain users, probably cheesy me included. Right Drifterbub?

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I mean... I would never, EVER play in the tournament with a bunch of guys I don't know, but I expect 100% to get a straight game from T2, and would definitely expect my guys to give straight games in a tourney scenario against you guys. I'd much rather lose than win cheesy, and I know that goes the same for you guys.

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Depending on what recruiting is like, I say we just open up any team in the conferences we choose. Maybe use the # of wins to just determine draft order.