T1: Players to Watch

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MaxATX34, Jul 7, 2012.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Since the TeamBuilder site went up, I have been perusing people's rosters and picked a player from each team for us to keep our eye on as the first season goes along.

[​IMG]
    Arkansas RB Knile Davis
    Although Twister18 will start with one of the best QBs in the league, people should follow Junior RB Knile Davis closely. Coach Twist has loved to run the ball in the past, and he will certainly be able to do that with Davis. The 6'0 226lb back has high ratings across the board (92 OVR). Watch for 1,000+ yards in year 1 and a battle to keep him on campus for a 4th year.

[​IMG]
    South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore
    The highest rated player on any of the teams in T1 is the SC running back, who starts the year as a 97OVR Junior. 6'0 218lb with a balanced skillset, high trucking and elusiveness will make for plenty of broken tackles. He looks like one of those players that can go right around, or straight through, a defender. Expect lots of touches and for Lattimore to be in the Heisman hunt before (hopefully) going pro a year early.

[​IMG]
    Texas A&M WR Ryan Swope

The Running Back theme could have easily been continued here with the Aggies' Senior Christine Michael. With a new Spread Option attack though, carries may be more evenly distributed among the top 3 backs and QB. All those carries may make for some big plays for a WR like Swope. 6'0 206lb 94OVR and very quick, Ryan Swope is more Welker than Moss. He has great hands(90) and route-running (92) ability to go along with his speed (91)

[​IMG]
    North Carolina RB Giovani "Gio" Bernard

Only a Sophomore, Gio Bernard has already become a team leader and is recognized as one of the best players in the conference. At 5'10 205lb he has the frame to carry the ball, but can also be the fastest guy on the field. 93OVR means he should cause some headaches for at least 2 years. I expect Bernard to have big seasons as coaches in the ACC recruit better players on defense.

[​IMG]
    Mizzou WR Dorial Green-Beckham

He comes in as the #3 best receiver on the team, and I can imagine it will be hard to miss the 6'6 WR with a hyphenated last name streaking across the screen wide open all the time. I dont think 1,000 yards as a Freshman is too crazy when you're talking about DGB. Will be interesting to see his career unfold.

[​IMG]
    Virginia MLB Steve Greer

I couldnt make sense of UVA's QB depth chart on TB... and I didnt want to pick another RB, so here is the best player on Virginia's D! Greer is a tough-nosed ILB that just happens to play a position Helli likes to use on defense. Look for Greer to make a run at being the most prolific tackler in the country during his Senior year.

[​IMG]
    Tenneessee QB Tyler Bray

With a talented WR corps and no real game-changer at RB, the success of the Vols offense may depend on the level of play coaches get from the 6'6 Junior at QB. Bray has some great targets (including Da'Rick Rogers) to throw to and the arm to make every throw. If fosh can figure out this years passing game soon, Bray could turn into a real weapon. If he comes back for his Senior year he could be one of the best passers in the country.

[​IMG]
    Maryland MLB Demetrius Hartsfield

The difference-makers on this team appear to all be on the defensive side of the ball and Hartsfield is the best of the bunch. 88OVR with enough athleticism to get in on a lot of plays and excellent technique to use once he gets there (92 Tackle), #9 should make plenty of big plays for the Terps.

[​IMG]
    Boston College RB Montel Harris

I am assuming that Harris stays on the roster even though he has been dismissed from the team in real life. If he doesnt end up in the game this year, then look for two talented LBs to be big players for BC. Harris is a beast though. 92OVR with a stocky frame (5'10 207lb). Has the speed and ball skills to terrorize defenses with his last year of eligibility.

[​IMG]
    Georgia Tech RB B.J. Bostic

Dont let this guy's position fool you... He's not your typical FB. Generously listed at 6'0 218lb and with supreme athletic ability Bostic may be more scatback than fullback, but I dont think that stops GT coaches from getting him touches. Whether smalls continues with the fleXbox One or goes a different direction I expect Bostic to have a big impact on the Yellow Jacket offense.

[​IMG]
    NC State RB James Washington

Cut-back... ISO... Off-tackle... NC State will love to run the football with Jman at the helm, that is for sure. With Washington (90OVR) it just gets that much easier. He has a great QB to take the pressure off of the run-game too, so expect this Senior RB to have a big year. Perhaps a little light-weight at 6'0 186lb, but I doubt that hampers him much.

[​IMG]
    Miss St RB LaDarius Perkins

Sorry brave, I couldnt find the names/pics of some of the great defenders you have on your team, so I went safe and picked your RB. Similar to Washington of NC State in my opinion. Maybe not a bowling ball carrying the rock, but he will get the job done. A luck-luster QB and an OL geared toward running the ball makes me suspect that the Bulldogs will lean on Perkins at times. Might not be a threat to leave early, and if he comes back will be a very good rusher his Senior year.

• Like Like x 4
  2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Nice write up max but EA has the numbers messed up. Bostic is a 171lb sophomore a-back. The b-back is David Simms.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I know haha that is why I said "generously listed". Either way that kid will be good.

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Maybe. Probably won't touch the ball much unless injuries say otherwise.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

1000 yards passing........jms........doesn't equate.......unless your a TE

• Like Like x 1
  6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

You could probably put him in the TE slot at his size lol

As a Junior his stats will be sick (they are already good now). I bet you end up throwing to him a lot

7. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Wooooooooo! I've got a runningback!

Good thing as I full expect 30 INT's or so.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm in the same boat. I expect to throw 30+ picks per season till I figure out this passing system.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  9. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Hell yes, the two new guys and last picks battling it out for worst QB stats. I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    they took harris off the team on the rosters you have MaxATX34 :(

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

:( We don't have to use them, I'm sure a named default set will be available soon.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm not really mad because boston college is really shitty anyways and I wanted this damn team lol...to be honest, Harris was a damn good back but BC's RB stable isn't bad neither with Ro Finch (85) and Dre Williams (83) ...I'm pretty sure if we are waiting for OS official rosters, they will be the same in accuracy.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We will make sure Boston College uses numbers instead of names....