T3 2010 National Championship Game PSU vs Texas

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Shino45, Aug 23, 2010.

?

Who will be the T3 2010 National Champs???

1. #1 Penn St (Hokie Effect)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. #2 Texas (Big Slick)

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

T3 2010 National Championship Game PSU vs Texas

[​IMG]

#1 Penn State earned their bid by crushing just about every opponent on their schedule in blow out fashion. Their only close game came in close victory to then undefeated Ohio St. Penn State is lead by their Heisman Candidate HB Senior Evan Royster who has rushed for 2113 yards 33 TD Averaging 8.5 yards per carry and 176.1 Yards per game. At QB Sophomore Kevin Newsome is having a good season throwing for 2386 yards with 19 TD and 8 INT's. The leading receivers on the team is Freshman Alex Kenney with 35 Receptions 837 yards 4 TD's and Junior Chaz Powell with 42 Receptions 680 yards 10 TD's. Leading the way on defense is Junior Nathan Stupar with 40 tackles and Junior Eric Latimore with 11 Sacks.

[​IMG]

#2 Texas just like Penn State has steamed rolled through most of their competition this season. Their closest victory came in a crazy 42-39 victory over Pittsburgh when Pitt made a huge comeback in the 4th scoring 26 points while Texas was napping on cruise control. Their offense is lead by Sophomore Garrett Gilbert who has thrown for 2852 yards with 26 TD'd and only 6 INT's. Junior Foswhitt Whittaker leads the team in rushing with 1275 yards 18 TD averaging 8.2 yards per carry and 159.4 yards per game. Junior Malcolm Williams is having an excellent season at wide receiver with 57 receptions for 1150 yards 13 TD's followed by Senior John Chiles with 34 receptions for 667 yards 3 TD's. Leading the Longhorn defense is Junior Keenan Robinson with 46 Tackles, Junior Aaron Williams with 6 interceptions, and Senior Eddie Jones with 6 sacks.

Both of these teams have high powered offenses with a solid defense. Texas has done majority of their damage through the air, while Penn State has done most of their damage with the ground game. Both teams have faced and defeated tough opponents this season, but someone has to lose as their can only be one National Champion. Who will it be?? What say you?

2. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I think Texas passing game and defense gets it done with a 30-17 Victory.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

:eek:

Penn St wins 24-21 in OT.

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm gonna go with Penn State by 7. This should make Slick happy because I have picked against him twice this season and been wrong both times. I think Royster will have another big day against the Texas D and the Penn State D will do just enough to win this one.

5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Great work Shino,

Texas is preparing to face the most powerful running attack it has faced all season. Royster has proven to be unstoppable all year. Coach Big Slick, who normally just worries about the offensive, has already been in film sessions with DC Muschamp to focus on the defensive side of ball.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm picking Texas. Penn State hasn't had anyone slow them down this year, so I think it's probably time for them to hit a snag.

Either way, both teams definitely earned their way to this game.

7. Dru50

PS - Great write up Shino!

8. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Newsome will throw a pick in late in the third, or early 4th quarter that will seal the victory for Texas... you heard it here first.

Next year all I want NCAA to add is the ability to watch games live on the 360... oh yea and recruiting for coaching style like in NCAA 2K8.

9. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Amen on viewing the game.

I have played both and both are great players I just think Slick has the better talent, especially on D. Close game: Texas 31- PSU- 28

10. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Sorry HE but I called this pretty well. I knew Newsome would not be able to win the game through the air. Congrats on a great season HE, and Slick for a wonderful season.

11. Dru50

Good call, shino, good call.

12. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Brave will you please pick against me in every user game! It seems to work out for me!

13. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

No problem. Hova did the same thing to me in Legacy and I ended up winning National Title in that league. :)

Next year my picks will be more accurate as I have more information to go on. Plus I will try doing them more often.