T3 2010 National Championship Picture

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Shino45, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

T3 2010 National Championship Picture

Penn State Ranked #1 finishing the season an impressive 12-0 will play for a national championship this year. With no formal championship game they played their de facto Championship Game in a Week 11 meeting with Ohio St. they won 24-14.

There are still 3 other teams with a shot at playing PSU for a National Title.

1) Texas- Currently 12-0 and ranked #2 in the polls they will need to take care of Oklahoma for a second time to stay on their current path to the title game. Their first matchup with OU they won 23-10 and will need another solid performance against a good OU team

2) Houston- Currently 11-0 and ranked #3 needs two things to happen to see themselves as the surprise team in the National Championship game. Beat Oklahoma and then have Oklahoma turn around a beat Texas. This is the only scenario where they play for the Championship.

3) Ohio State -Currently 11-1 and ranked #4 needs a lot of help and luck getting to a national title game. For Ohio State it all starts with Oklahoma. Every Ohio St fan should be wearing Oklahoma gear for the next few weeks as Oklahoma plays 2 of the 3 teams ranked ahead of them in the coming weeks. If Oklahoma can knock off Houston and Texas Ohio St. Maybe playing for a title game. Under that scenario you would have multiple 1 loss teams and maybe a two loss team in a close voting battle for that spot opposite Penn St in the Title game. Ohio St will probably also need Clemson to beat FSU in the ACC Championship game to help improve their strength of schedule as every point will count.

My Prediction: With all that said I believe things play out as they are and we see a Penn St vs Texas National Title game.

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm going to need Twist to go on a major winning streak.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Houston has had a great run, but we don't have the horses on defense to beat OU. My only hope is that keenum and co. Play the game of their lives and score on pretty much every possession.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Good synposis and I am going to agree with the Texas prediction. Penn State will be well rested an injury free when they meet for the BCS title. Looking foward to it as this will be my 3rd time in the BCS game in TF history with a 1-1 record.

5. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Twist don't fall for this!!!!! It's just coach Dru's mind games, don't let him get in your head.

6. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Great run down Shino! Texas this week will be watching a lot of game film on OU and will be tuned into the OU/HOU game. Since we have a bye week most practices will be walk throughs and half speed to heal up some dinged up players for the BIG XII Championship game.

7. Dru50

Houston crushes the buckeyes hopes with a huge upset vs Oklahoma.

8. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Damn, no offense Houston but I was hoping for some BCS Chaos. Now it looks like Houston or Texas. Will Texas take care of business or can Oklahoma score the upset to help the team who just defeated them get to the national championship game?

9. Dru50

Houston is glad to do it's part to completely screw up the hopes of the buckeyes/tigers/noles/etc. :)

Now twist, do me a favor and knock off Texas!

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Don't deserve to go if I can't win my conference. Hard to consider a one-loss year as a disappointment but that is the only way to describe this season at this point.

11. Dru50

The disappointment is just beginning my friend. It's just beginning.:cool: