T3 Hall of Fame Nominees - Class of 2016

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Feb 26, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Couple rules before I get to the criteria
    - The player must be a graduating senior or an early entry into NFL Draft
    - Remember to save the player's information before we advance past Players Leaving in offseason
    - Please include as much information as possible on the player, I have provided an outline in the section below
    - I'd also like a picture for each athlete, so make sure to save one before the last game of this season

Each member of the league will cast a Yes or No vote. The player's coach cannot cast a vote, so the decision will be based on a maximum of 11 points. For entry into the Hall of Fame a player must receive 8 of 11 votes (72%).

Please use this outline when nominating players and remember to include a picture

---------

Name -

Overall rating - (at time of graduation/leaving)

Position -

Career Stats -

Awards Won -(in game awards i.e Heisman or league specific i.e Legacy MVP)

Team Accomplishments - (i.e bowl games won or conference championships)

Coach's Comment - (a description on why you feel this player has earned this honor)

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

(Pic coming soon)

Name - Jeff Cox

Overall rating - 99 (RS-SR)

Position - FS

Career Stats - 184 tackles (136 solo, 48 assisted) 24 tackles for loss 2 sacks 9 interceptions 9 fumbles forced 2 fumbles recovered 2 defensive touchdowns

Awards Won - None

Team Accomplishments - 3-0 bowl record, Rose Bowl (1)

Coach's Comment - Jeff signed with Tennessee but decided he wanted to transfer after just one season. After sitting out the next season due to NCAA rules, he assumed the starting role for the Buckeyes. He was productive in all of his seasons and was the defensive captain as a senior. He is tremendous at locating the ball and making the play.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

We need some nominees. I know Dru has a few guys he will be posting. I hope others have some candidates. Clock is ticking and the stats will be gone in just a few hours.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'll be posting MLB Eric Moore and CB Cory Jackson for consideration tomorrow.

5. Dru50

FSU Nominees

Name - Eric Moore
    Overall rating - 90 (left as junior)
    Position - MLB
    Career Stats - 132 tackles, 39 TFL, 10 Sacks, 3 INTs, 2 TDs, 5 PD, 3 FF, 1 FR
    Awards Won - 2016 1st team AA, 2016 Nagurski and Bednarik award winner
    Team Accomplishments - 3 time conference champion
    Coach's Comment - The 'robo-linebacker' as he came to be known on campus, is a physical freak of nature. 6'3" 273 lbs with the speed of a HB and the strength of a DT (90 spd, 90 accel, 91 str) was redshirted his first year due to concerns that he may kill himself or another player on the team in practice. He played 2nd MLB to FSU 4 year starter Chris Wright in the move to the 3-4 last season and this year he teamed with OLB Grady Keyes to lead one of the best defenses in the nation. Eric was never a fan of wrapping up and form tackling, preferring to launch himself like a missile at opposing ball-carriers. His big hits became legendary on the FSU campus, including the ones he laid on his own teammates in practice.

Name - Cory Jackson
    Overall rating - 86 (left as junior)
    Position - CB
    Career Stats - 94 tackles, 7 TFL, 19 INTs, 6 defensive TDs, 21 PD, 1 FF, 2 FR
    Awards Won - 2 time 1st team AA, 2 time Thorpe award winner (2014 and 2016)
    Team Accomplishments - 3 time conference champion
    Coach's Comment - Cory Jackson started from day 1 on the FSU campus, and while he was never the biggest or fastest CB in the nation, he flat out made plays every chance he had. He finished with 6 defensive scores in his career, including 4 scores in 2016 alone. He finished with 19 career INT's and rumors abound that FSU alum Deion Sanders bribed him to come out of school early to save his career FSU record of 21 picks.

Brave - pictures will have to wait until I get my xbox.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Must have looked over this post. I would have nomiated Montana, I might be able to scrap some of his stats since he broke most of the school records.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm going to induct him as Mike Dixon if he does get in [​IMG]

8. Dru50

I'm sorry, but I'll be withholding my vote for the dude - if only due to the name change.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Name - Joe Montana

Overall rating - 99 rsJR

Position - QB

Career Stats - 8557yds 85 TD

Awards Won - T3 FOY, Fr AA, school record for career yds, tds, and season yds

Team Accomplishments - 3 Big 10 and 3 BCS titles

Coach's Comment - Never lost a game as a starter and had the ability to put up "video game" type numbers any given week regardless of the opponent. Defined the QB position at Penn State which was known as a "running" team before he took over the starting position. May not have won the individual awards as some, but leading his team to 3 straight BCS titles should silence the critics, despite the arrogant name change before the start of the season...