T3 Oddsmaker - National Title

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Dec 15, 2010.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Looking at the rosters I feel there are three teams that jump out as clear National Title contenders this season

Texas - 2/1
    User Games: USC, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oklahoma State
    Why he will win - His receiving core is loaded with talent. I don't think I have seen a receiving core like this in all the games I played in NCAA. He also has a quarterback who can get them the rock downfield. On the defensive side he brings back most of his starters and looks to be solid.

Why he won't win - To win out he likely needs to defeat 5 user teams, including a few teams in the top 10. Other then the schedule I see no reason this team can't at least make it to the championship.

Penn State 4/1
    User Games: USC, Ohio State, Minnesota, Oklahoma
    Why he will win - The reigning national champions are bringing back a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. The defense has a superstar in CJ Ojiyhan and the reigning linebacker of the year Steve Key. On offense the dynami duo of Bolden and Jones should continue to give opposing d-coordinators fits.

Why he won't win - Losing Redd and Zwinak early was a big blow to the Nittany Lions. They will need to find a back to replace their production. The schedule is also very difficult with games against the Buckeyes and several top 10 teams.

Ohio State 5/1
    User Games: Nebraska, Penn State, Minnesota, Florida State
    Why he will win - The runners up in the Big 10 got a pleasant surprise when Larry Walters decided to forego the NFL draft and return to Columbus. He will be joined by starting HB Roderick Smith and 3 of the top 4 WR on last year's team. The defense also brings back several key starters.

Why he won't win - On defense Ohio State lost its top 3 CB's which makes Texas a very bad matchup if they meet again in championship. They also have that game against Penn State and have lost 3 of the last 4 matches against the Nittany Lions. Nebraska, Minnesota and Florida State also present major road blocks in their drive to the championship.

I will update with other teams when I get off work. These are the ones I had the most information on without accessing the game of Dynasty Wire.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nice work Brave.

Texas would be my choice for the favorite. He has 21 players rated 90+. That is just ridiculous talent.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I had some pretty ridiculous teams in C2C in last year's game but I can't recall ever seeing a team as stacked as this year's Texas team.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Same here, I don't know that I've ever seen that many 90+ rated players on one team before. I've had years with Texas in other OD's where I had 12-15 guys at 90+ but 21 is just crazy.

Slick better win it this year or it goes down as the biggest choke job in the history of TF. Yeah - I said it....

5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Great write up Brave.

Thanks Dru for putting it out there.....believe me I was thinking it! The pressure cooker is on.

Texas has been able to bring in some top talent under Coach Slick with 4 top 10 recruiting class and the #1 class 2 years ago.

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I take umbrage with Nebraska not being on this list.

That being said, well done.

7. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nebraska and other schools will be added, I just have less data on those schools. Plus I can only memorize a few schedules and these were the ones that stuck. :)

8. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Btw, anybody else here more pumped than normal for this season? There are LOADS of user teams with enough talent to go far, and we finally added another Big 12 team haha

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think last season finishing strong has really helped keep momentum going for this season. The amount of content today has been astounding and I hope we can keep it up as season rolls along.

As for my team, I can't describe the excitement when I learned Larry Walters was coming back for his junior season. I expected him to leave since he was a redshirt sophomore. Getting back Walters and then Roderick Smith was a very nice early Xmas gift :).

10. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I am pumped! I agree that the momentum of moving through last season so quickly and with so many teams being "stacked" that we are all excited to get on the field and see what we have!

I'm trying to get out of the office early so I can get home and start the Longhorn Machine!!

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I thought about going into work late earlier today. I wanted to stay up and play my game last night :).