T3 - Things that make you go hmmmmm.......

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Thought I'd throw some things out there to generate a bit of discussion. Feel free to respond (or not):

1. Which team has impressed you the most this season?
    2. What is the biggest surprise about your team thus far (positive, negative or both)?
    3. What recruits are you most excited to get on campus next year?
    4. What recruit did you lose out on that you most regret?
    5. Who do you think makes the BCS title game and wins it?
    6. What player from your team do you think should be considered for an offensive or defensive MVP award for T3?
    7. Who do you think should be the T3 coach of the year?
    8. Medically enhanced breasts (they aren't fake if I can touch them) - fan or no?

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Having just played them, Penn St is scary talented. Team speed is off the charts, possibly moreso than the Florida teams in last years game. Hokie plays to that teams strengths and they are very hard to defend and move the ball consistently against. Combine that with his win over Ohio St (who I think most had as the favorite to win the title coming into the year), and that is an impressive squad.
    2. What is the biggest surprise about your team thus far (positive, negative or both)?
    My biggest pleasant surprise has been the play of true freshman HB Andy Frank, the kid isn't fast or overly large, but he just seems to get the job done. He breaks tackles, falls forward for the extra yard and is a reliable receiver out of the backfield.

My biggest negative surprise has been the play of my secondary. I knew coming in they'd be the weak link in my defense, but they are so challenged to cover man-to-man or in space that it limits my defensive playcalling tremendously.
    I can't wait to get CB Cory Jackson and FS Gene Brown plugged into my defensive backfield next year. Both will be huge athletic upgrades over any DB's on the current roster.
    This is easy, :5stars: CB Victor Harris who chose Alabama over FSU. Kid is going to be a BEAST and would have immediately started next to Cory Jackson next season.
    I think it is a rematch of season 1's title game - PSU vs Texas. Hokie is locked in (he ain't losing to CPU Mich St) and until someone actually beats Slick for the Big 12 title I'm not picking against him. Slick beat Hokie in the first title game, but as I recall he got smoked in the season 2 regular season rematch. I haven't played Texas, but I don't see anyone beating that PSU team.
    6. What player from your team do you think should be considered for an offensive or defensive MVP award for T3?
    On offense for FSU it would be QB Brenton Newby. As a true freshman starter, he is putting up solid numbers, and is in the running for several awards. Plus he has played excellently in his 2 user games thus far. Solid future for him.

On defense it has to be DE Jeremy Miller. Kid is a pass rushing machine, he has 20 sacks on the seascn thus far and has 32 for his career. He'll likely win several defensive awards and the best thing is that he's a true sophomore so I have him for another season.:cool:
    This one is tough, but I think I'm going to go with my boy Beazus. Having the Gophers as #2 or #3 in the Big 10 every year, and playing OSU/PSU close nearly every matchup is really a solid showing.
    8. Medically enhanced breasts (they aren't fake if I can touch them) - fan or no?
    If doctors could come up with a cure for cancer, who wouldn't take it right? Why then should anybody hate on a woman doing something to make her feel better about herself? Plus, who doesn't like some eye candy when a chick with a glorious rack strolls by?

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Things that make the Cougars coach go HMMMMMMMMMM

1. Which team has impressed you the most this season? It is hard to judge because I feel so isolated because my team is so far away in terms of talent from the rest of the league. However, based on what I have read about the Penn State Nittany Lions scares me. When I read that two running backs are averaging 8-10 ypc, that is down right nasty. Then the coach informs the league he has the best rated passer in the country, that is a double whammy for other teams in this league.
    2. What is the biggest surprise about your team thus far (positive, negative or both)? The biggest negative surprise for me is my defense inability to tackle. Tonight before I go to bed I am going to write down the stats of the number of broken tackles and yards after first hit and post them. This one factor has contributed to most of my team's struggles. I don't know how many times I have watched a back break two or three tackles and then ran to the endzone. The biggest surprise is RB Ricky Galvin. Those first few games were amazing, he was like a freight train. Then he got hurt for a few games, and since his return he has not been the same back. Next year if my offensive line is rated at least B-, (currently my line is rated C- across the board) I may be able to go back to a more conventional offense, instead of this air raid stuff that i have been running.
    3. What recruits are you most excited to get on campus next year? I have a player currently on my roster that I am redshirting, TE Marc Jones, I am excited to see what he can do, he has 89 speed, he is definetely going to be running some routes next year. The next fastest tight end is rated 71. As for this current class I have signed three Atheletes, Jimmy Schneider, Jacques Thompson, and Darrell McKinney. All three were three stars, I expect Thompson to be a receiver, Schneider a DEB, and McKinney a linebacker based on their ratings and size.
    4. What recruit did you lose out on that you most regret? Well, this one is hard to answer, for the most part I addressed all my areas of concern. However, there was one 4 star recruit that was interested in my school, that I couldn't convince to come to Pullman. He ended up staying home in Hawaii.
    5. Who do you think makes the BCS title game and wins it? Well definetely, Penn State, they are the number 1 team in the country beating OSU, FSU, and Minnesota. As for their opponent I want to say Nebraska, when I played them earlier this season they were quite dominant. QB Connor Halliday had tremendous trouble passing the ball because no one was open. However, their run defense causes me concern, so I will go with Texas beating them in the Big 12 title game, and facing PSU in the Nat. Champ. Game.
    6. What player from your team do you think should be considered for an offensive or defensive MVP award for T3? On offense there is only one person to consider WR Robert Jiles. His numbers are not as impressive as last season, because Halliday is spreading the ball around more this year, than Tuel did the previous year. Here are several of my receiver stats: Jiles-36-557-5 TDs, Wilson 27-450-4 TDs, Ratliff 25-403, and Dunn 27-274-2 TDs. On the defensive side of the ball, no one from my team should be considered defensive MVP, however if I must nominate a player MLB Derrick Yates, 39 Tackles, 9 TFLs, 4 FF, 2 Sacks, 1 interception. Yates is currently second in the conference in tackles, and is tied for first in the conference for force fumbles.
    7. Who do you think should be the T3 coach of the year? I am going with Papa Perry. Living out on the West Coast I know more about UCLA than the rest of the league. Let me tell you UCLA is not that good, and Perry has built a very good program. Last season we played a very close game, which I truly believe I could have won if I could have put the ball in the end zone, and if he didn't get a couple of big plays. However, this year his team was very impressive. I expected a close game, but I just could not stop his offense this time around, his players on the offensive end seemed much, much better. I don't think many of us have given Perry credit in buidling up UCLA.
    8. Medically enhanced breasts (they aren't fake if I can touch them) - fan or no? Of course yes

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

1. Which team has impressed you the most this season? I have to go with Penn State since they beat my school. I was pretty confident in my team this season but he shut me down. Nebraska jumps way up the list if they can beat Texas in Big 12 championship. They had a solid win against Oklahoma but their strength of schedule doesn't match up with other schools so far.

2. What is the biggest surprise about your team thus far (positive, negative or both)? I can't say much negative about my team since we only had one bad game. The biggest positive surprise has been the emergence of Roderick Smith. He has like 1200 yards rushing and 21 touchdowns on the season. I though the loss of Jamal Berry would sting a bit, but he has out performed Berry. Hopefully Smith decides to come back to OSU for his senior season but he likely follows Berry to the NFL.

3. What recruits are you most excited to get on campus next year? Chad Gilbert (#1 HB) and Joe Johnson (#2 TE) will likely have the biggest impact on my squad next season. Gilbert could be a nice compliment to Michael Vickers if Roderick Smith leaves early. Johnson has a similar run style as Smith, mixing in speed and power. Johnson likely plays behind Antonio Murray next season but should be a good option as the #2 TE. He is 6'6 260 but has C+ speed so he should be fun in the red zone. If/when Larry Walters leaves early Chris Ford (QB #1) can step in at QB. He has a rocket for an arm but is also accurate. I'm not sure if he starts over Taylor Graham next season if Walters leaves. On defense Shannon Mitchell likely starts at nickel CB next season due to the Buckeyes losing 3 seniors at that position.

4. What recruit did you lose out on that you most regret? Victor Harris and any other defensive back in this class. I am not sure how I only signed 1 CB this season and need to get real lucky in the offseason to land at least 1 more player at that position. Including Mitchell I now have 4 CB's on my roster and 1 is currently 68 overall. I may end up moving a FS to CB to cover that hole. Thankfully I picked up transfer last offseason so Jeff Cox or Ross Hand could be swapping positions during spring practices.

5. Who do you think makes the BCS title game and wins it? Penn State is the obvious favorite and Nebraska goes if they can win out. Unfortunately Ohio State and Texas could both be at home watching the championship game. West Virginia is still undefeated and could be the Nittany Lions victim if Nebraska loses to Texas in conference championship game. I think Hokie would be strong favorite against Nebraska in a championship match. If he plays Texas or a rematch against Ohio State it could be a close game. The spot is -35 if he ends up facing off against West Virginia.

6. What player from your team do you think should be considered for an offensive or defensive MVP award for T3? I want to nominate Smith but it is tough to pass on a QB with 28 touchdowns and only 5 interceptions. Larry Walters only passed for 300 yards once this season, and it was the loss to Penn State, but he was very efficient in the other game. He has completed around 75% of his pass attempts. Walters could have piled up more yards, but Ohio State was often playing with a lead and the run game was effective this season.

On defense it is a toss up. Melvin Fellows has been a beast at defensive end with 22 tackles for a loss and 8 sacks (through week 12). CJ Barnett and Jamie Wood also deserve some credit since they have 7 takeaways each as of week 12. Barnett added 2 more picks to his resume, giving him a total of 8 on the season.

7. Who do you think should be the T3 coach of the year? This one could change if UCLA beats USC or Nebraska beats Texas. For now I'm going to go with Beazus over at Minnesota. Once again his only 2 losses are to teams rated in the top 5 of the country. In both games Leon kept the score close despite fielding a much less talented squad. If he can get a few more impact players at Minnesota he could be damn scary.

8. Medically enhanced breasts (they aren't fake if I can touch them) - fan or no? I'm gonna go with the real thing, God created em so he must have had his reasons. :)

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Nebraska is undefeated, but I think a 1 loss UCLA team deserves some respect.
    I knew my team would be good, but I didn't realize how dominant they would be in all aspects, especially against the cpu. I think I will end up with the #1 defense and offense in both scoring and yards.
    I lose my top 4 CB's and starting SS. So it will be interesting how the new recruits fill in. I obviously look for speed and we will have 3 DB's with sub 4.38 speed on campus next year.
    As of now I have suprisingly haven't lost any recruits that I have gone after.
    I will take my Nittany Lions to the title game for the 3rd time in 4 years and have every intention of bringing home the crystal
    I think my O-line deserves some love. I have 2 RB's with 1000yds and my QB has over 700yds rushing. Defensively DE CJ Olaniyan has 14 sacks, LB Steve Key has been all over the place and is already an impact palyer as a rsFR, and CB Derrick Thomas has 5 ints.
    If Nebraska beats Texas I think he would get my vote, but as of now FSU as Dru has played the tightest game against Penn State.
    The bigger the better, doesn't matter one way or the other.

6. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Minnesota - The gophers only 2 losses came in close games to top 5 schools.
    Positive - My defense. I am only starting 2 seniors on the defensive side of the ball. Especially my defenseive secondary where I'm starting 3 sophomores and a junior.
    Negative - Offensvie Line. They have given up a lot of sacks this year and running the ball between the tackels has been difficult. They are young with 2 soph, 2 jrs, and 1 sr starting so I expect them to be much better next year.
    #3 DE Joseph Patrick. I need help on the d-line getting pressure on the QB and I think he will provide help on the other side of the line for DE Jeffcoat to get some sacks.
    I didn't lose any recruits. I was able to sign every one that I went after and have issued all the scholarships I have available. I went after a lot of "need" positions in both offensive and defensive lines so not a lot of competition to sign them.
    I think Penn State makes it of course as he has rolled through the competition this year. PSU oppent depends on 2 scenarios. 1st if Nebraska beats Texas in the Big XII Championship it will be #1 PSU vs #2 NEB. 2nd is if Texas beats Nebraska then I believe an undefeated West Virgina team goes to the BCS NC game over a 1 loss Texas.
    Offense - QB Connor Wood - In his 1st season as a starter he has lead the Horns' to another 10 win season and a Big XII Title game. His only loss game to a then #1 Ohio State team.
    Deffesne - CB Josh Holloway - Josh has been tasked with covering every teams best receiver every week and as a true sophomre really stepped up and came through. He has 6 ints this year which is only 2 behind the nations leader.
    Beazus at Minnesota. Not just for this year but for the work he has done over the last 4 yrs. He has take a Minnesota team from the ranks of the weak and turned them into a top 10 every year. If the Golden Gophers didn't have to play Ohio State and Penn State every year he would be playing for National Championships. I also want to give some credit to Perry out at UCLA. He has turned that program around and has them playing and ranked a lot higher than the talent he has to work with.
    I have no preference. I love breasts....big ones, small ones, real ones, fake ones, round ones, coned shaped ones! If I can see them and touch them.....I love them!

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Probably Penn State, even though I haven't played them. Everyone seems to revere them and their talent speaks for itself.

Everything! I can't say I didn't think we'd beat Oklahoma, but being undefeated and #2 with a chance to go to the National Championship? Even our boosters didn't see this coming. With just a B overall squad we've taken quite the leap against other users and the CPU this year.

Well we have a ESPNU Top 150 center coming in, Keith Wilcox, that should shore up our offensive line for a few years if he pans out well, but the real excitement is building for :4stars: WR Brandon Johnson, who is 6'4" and has A+ speed! The coaching staff is drooling waiting for him to come into camps.

There wasn't one big recruit we lost out on that made us upset. We got the key guys we were going after, and didn't extend to any :5stars: this season, which helped out in the long run actually.

Right now it's gotta be Penn State, and how can I not pick myself? If we beat Texas there's no way we don't go. Now who will win between us? That's a different story, and one I'll wait to let play out.

Even though he's missed a month of the season, QB Taylor Martinez has been money for the Huskers, with 1571 passing yards, 13 TD, and 502 rushing yards and 7 TD rushing.

I'd go with Beazus, but 2 losses is 2 losses, so I'll take Perry from UCLA, how he has them with 1 loss is beyond me. He's doing a good job over there away from the rest of us.

Vehemently opposed. Au natural is the way to go

8. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Wazzu hasnt quit yet so he is the easy choice.

The level of bitchassedness within DE Matt Garin. Dude is never healthy and we could have used the senior leadership on defense this year.

I dont see a recruit getting PT next year. However, my RS QB Quinton Robinson should make noise in the Big Ten next year.

Probably that 4 star FS Ridgeway that PSU signed.

PSU vs. West Virginia. WV pulls off the upset because Hokie leaves on a 14 day trip to follow the VT basketball team and Brave SIMS THAT SHIT!

Offensive - QB MarQueis Gray couldnt get Minny over the hump but he was a stud.

Wazzu won more than 3 games? Without Ryan Leaf? Yeah, Ill pick him.

Hell to the no! Dont get me wrong, I like my titties big but I need them to be natural.

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Beazus, thanks for the support, don't worry about me quitting, you guys are going to have to drag me out kicking and screaming. I am enjoying playing with my Cougs. I am thinking everyone is going to see a dramatic improvement in win total over the next two years. The past two seasons I have been playing with a bunch of freshman and sophomores, now they are going to be juniors and seniors. The wins are going to start coming.

10. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

1. Which team has impressed you the most this season? Going to go with Florida State. Those guys lost a lot of talent but keep thumping the CPU. Beat Papa and Twist, narrowly lost to Penn State.
    2. What is the biggest surprise about your team thus far (positive, negative or both)? Just how terrible the pass defense has been. I watch replays sometimes and see receivers cut on out patterns and my guys keep backing up for 3-4 steps before they react. Also, while I would consider it a disappointment more than a surprise, I had a DT (TJ Leifheit) who was preseason All-American and nominated for a couple awards last year, but he regressed this season as he became the only senior on the starting defense.
    3. What recruits are you most excited to get on campus next year? None of them really. UNC only had 7 seniors and I was hoping to be able to use the ten hours each week to focus on some studs but it didn't pan out. Bryant Thomas is a 4* wideout with A- acceleration and he just happens to be 6'5, so that might be fun. (Only B speed though.)
    4. What recruit did you lose out on that you most regret? I remove them from my board immediately so I don't really remember, but there was a 3* FB that signed with Dook despite my full attention. That seemed ridiculous and revealed my impotence.
    5. Who do you think makes the BCS title game and wins it? Nebraska has that tough Big XII championship matchup...I'm going PSU-OSU. Hopefully WVU falls by the wayside.
    6. What player from your team do you think should be considered for an offensive or defensive MVP award for T3? Hah!
    7. Who do you think should be the T3 coach of the year? Hokie is the only one undefeated, right? Gets my vote.
    8. Medically enhanced breasts (they aren't fake if I can touch them) - fan or no? Really well done and realistic are okay, otherwise I prefer the jiggle.

11. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Since I had a huge brain fart and overlooked this thread I will reply to the most important question:

8. Medically enhanced breasts (they aren't fake if I can touch them) - fan or no? As long as I can play with them, just love em all!!