1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Tagging functionality

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by jello1717, Jun 3, 2011.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

@Shaun Mason ,
    My biggest issue with tagging is that it's sometimes hard to get someone's name exactly correct (which is necessary). On facebook, when I type @sh it'll bring up a drop down menu with every friend I have whose name begins with Sh. Can we get that kind of functionality here? It'd be awesome if I typed @sh and it showed me every TSO member whose name began with sh and I could click on the one I wanted and it'd add the tag.

Also, either in addition to this or @ the least as an alternative, could tagging be set up to be case insensitive? There'd still be issues with guys like blLL FLo where the 2nd letter looks like a capital "i" but is actually a lower case "L" or guys like me where you have to know that it's jello1717 and not just jello or jello17. It'd be nice if @Shaun Mason would tag you just like @Shaun Mason .

EDIT:
    Apparently case insensitivity works as @ shaun mason looks like it was auto-corrected to @ Shaun Mason.

Thanx much!

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I didn't write the add-on. I agree it would be nice if there was some Ajax magic to autosuggest, but I am not sure it's possible in this editor.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Bummer.