Tagging functionality

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by jello1717, Jun 3, 2011.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

@Shaun Mason ,
    My biggest issue with tagging is that it's sometimes hard to get someone's name exactly correct (which is necessary). On facebook, when I type @sh it'll bring up a drop down menu with every friend I have whose name begins with Sh. Can we get that kind of functionality here? It'd be awesome if I typed @sh and it showed me every TSO member whose name began with sh and I could click on the one I wanted and it'd add the tag.

Also, either in addition to this or @ the least as an alternative, could tagging be set up to be case insensitive? There'd still be issues with guys like blLL FLo where the 2nd letter looks like a capital "i" but is actually a lower case "L" or guys like me where you have to know that it's jello1717 and not just jello or jello17. It'd be nice if @Shaun Mason would tag you just like @Shaun Mason .

EDIT:
    Apparently case insensitivity works as @ shaun mason looks like it was auto-corrected to @ Shaun Mason.

Thanx much!

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I didn't write the add-on. I agree it would be nice if there was some Ajax magic to autosuggest, but I am not sure it's possible in this editor.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Bummer.