Taking a Break after the season

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by CWT 3000, Apr 3, 2013.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Randiesel75

I am totally burnt out playing Madden. I'd like to step away for a while AFTER the conclusion of the current season. I find the only time I am playing Madden is during league games.

I have been playing Madden straight since I joined Madden 2010 in the TMFL league (pre-merger). So I need a break. I'll still be around the forums, as I like giving my .02 cents whenever I feel it's needed.:alien: And hopefully I can catch on with the next installment of Madden.

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up

3. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

What if I let you have Minny for final season?? I'd be okay with switching teams if it would allow us to keep a quality owner around... I'm with you though. The only time I touch my Madden game anymore is for a TLY game. Still enjoy my league games however, so I'm excited to finish it out before M25 hits.

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

me as well, only gamees i play is TLY games, thats why im not burnt out. I usually play some lobby games at launch like 10 or so, then i stick to league games only. Im also in only one league so i can keep going.

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Thank You for the offer, but I am going to relax on Madden for a while. Just curious though what everyone else liked about the league or would like see changing?

• I'd like shorter quarters. I think the games tend to go longer, which inflates stats. Or maybe I just have ADHD.
    • Game Summaries were awesome. The Videos were great- I spent a lot of early mornings drinking coffe at work and reading/watching recaps.
    • Really liked everyone, as I thought we had a really good core of guys.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I thinkt he quarter lengths are just about right, when i record, i usually see the games lasting int he 50-55 minute range. Only a few times it goes past 1 hour if it is a high scoring game. I run a lot so my games tend to go a bit faster. Also with the current set up you can get a somewhat realistic amount of plays 40-50 plays ran and can get 20 passes and 20 rushes. The problem for me about reducing the quarter lengths, once you get down early, you essentially have to go to passing because time is limited, i've been down multiple scores in the 3rd and was able to come back because i can stick to the run game when they thought i would be passing.

I agree that the stats can get out of whack, but i dont think its the amount of plays or length of game, i think its bad defense and a lot of turnovers. If i were a commish for a day, i would adjust the sliders:

• Bring down QB accuracy - This would seperate the great qbs from the bad ones, i think the old KC owner wanted to use Tebow as qb, sure fine, but you are going to pay for it in the passing game. This also regulates the lead pass as well. Im using pryor, he should suck, but he is pretty good even with some bad accuracy ratings.
    • If this is a slider, bring down the ability for the defense to make catch. There are so many unrealistic plays made by defenders that result in interceptions especially if you user and hold down the catch button. Even if they dont look, they react. That is why you see a ton of ints, combine that with bad qb play, you get like 30-40 INTs. Realistically, some of the plays that end of in INTS should be no more than a bat down.
    • Full roster requirement, everybody should be at 53 players. This prevents people from butchering their cap and thinking they can hold 35 plays (jags)
    • Bonus requirement for contracts. Some of my contracts, i just upped the salary instead of the bonus and my guys would accept. So my best guys get their $8 million a year, but with very minimal bonus.
    Those are my thoughts.

Overall, we got good owners, the league has been consistent on advances which i like, i hate delays, limited drama.

Definitely need more content outside of Recaps.

• Like Like x 1