Taking a break for a bit....

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Guys, I'm going to go on AP for a while. I need a break from the game and having to get an hour+ of time into NCAA is preventing me from being able to spend any time playing NBA (which I'd rather do).

I have no idea how long I'll stay on AP, but I'm not quitting at this point. I'll pass the file to Cheez tonight so he can deal with the advances.

If someone (like Darr27z) wants to take over USC that's fine with me, as I may miss a season or two before I try to play this game again and I can take over some random team wherever there is room.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Basketball!!! Nooooooooo! :)

[​IMG]

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Auto pilot for a season or two? Threads like this always result in someone quitting the league. No need to hold the spot hostage all youve talked about for months is quitting this game. You're not going to take a season long break and feel the freedom and then come back, just end your misery. Personally I say quit or play.

4. Dru50

Ha - nice pic.

I tried to do both, but after I get my boys and the baby to bed I have about 2 hours (maybe) to play games at night. At this point I don't enjoy NCAA enough to spend the majority of that time playing that over NBA, which is just a much more enjoyable game to me.

5. Dru50

If that's what everyone wants I'm fine with that. Hey, that would even allow you guys to go back to 8 minute quarters.

Seriously though, if you guys would rather have me step aside completely, I can do so as I honestly don't know how long of a break from this game I need, but it would likely be through the end of this season at best.

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Honestly, I'm not so sure we can find a replacement....at this point we've run the gamut of available users

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Thought for sure we would collide in the NT game this year.

8. Dru50

Definitely could have - you've got a good squad this year that will only be better going forward. Maybe Cheez can finally win one vs you.

9. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I understand your situation, I was going to play NBA2k12 last night after my game with recchem, but my wife intervened. People our age, probably have time for only game, if they go beyond it there is generally trouble except for Twister18. He by far has the perfection situation.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Never thought it would ACTUALLY happen!

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im in the same boat but my wife is in school so most of her nights are spent studying or at school...so once the kids are down, I can play. But I understand Dru and after hearing you last night talk about your CPU game with Washington, this was really no big surprise to me.

12. Dru50

Yeah - the CPU games in NCAA just aren't fun on any level to me anymore, what with the psychic defenses, unblockable linemen, etc, etc. Like I said if you guys want to pull someone in to take over for me I'm totally fine with that. The USC team I have is stacked for the next several years, so it's about the best situation you could offer to someone.

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Hope it's only temporary brother , maybe we can Ty a game of the 2K later , if all the horrible reviews I am reading are true you will be back lol

14. Jayrah

Online is horrible reviews. Offline game is awesome!

15. Dru50

I don't know what reviews you are reading, I'm loving the game so far. Cougs and I were able to play a game online and I played my first online association mode CPU game last night with no issues. The gameplay vs the CPU is such that even if the online mode is never 100% what was advertised, I'll still enjoy playing offline association and my player. Plus, given that 2k has never even attempted an online association, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, as compared to EA who in 4 years have managed to make online dynasty worse rather than better.

16. Dru50

Don't buy the online haters. Most of the guys I'm reading who don't like the online game are the head-to-head guys who never played the CPU. Personally, I didn't like the online leagues last year since it was such a watered down version of the game. I'll give 2k this though - they apparently have tried to put everything into the online association that is in the offline version, aside from the customization options around rosters and sliders.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jayrah

Doesn't matter to me! I'm offline only in 2k