Taking the good with the bad

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sceptic21, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Jun 28, 2011
    Sat., Oct. 15th, 2011

It was a great night tonight as Kent St. came back home and defeated heavily favored #23 Miami University, 30-14. "This week was homecoming AND a conference game so we knew this was a must win for us." DE and team captain Roosevelt Nix mentioned.

It has a hard fought battle that showcased 2 of the MAC's premier teams. Miami hung in for most of the game until Kent's dominating defensive line shut down the Hawk's comeback in the 4th quarter.

"It was a great way to show our fans how determined and dedicated we are to hopefully delivering a future MAC championship for them!" said Dri Archer as he jogged off the field.

Archer came into the game in the first half when potential (Cathedral) Heisman contender Jacquise Terry went down in the 2nd quarter with a leg injury and will be out for 8 weeks. Archer had a great game as he rushed for 126 yards on 23 carries. When asked about Terry and the Flashes Archer said "I have to do what is needed of me. Jac will be missed, but our team has to move on."

But the biggest winner of the night was probably head coach Scott Michalski who just recently came off of a 1 game suspension against Div-II school South Alabama for undisclosed reasons. "We're 2-0 since I've came back and we've played 2 very important conference games, and it's great that we got the win in both. Now, we get a week off to rest and hopefully we can keep the momentum going!"

But not all Kent's players are excited about the bye week. "I don't think we'll need too much rest with our upcoming schedule!" said DT Ishmaa'ily Kitchen. The Golden Flashes will host rival Bowling Green on October 29th, followed by Central Michigan and Akron.

Go KENT!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Jul 17, 2010
    awesome, lol
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Jul 12, 2010
    ....well played sir

Future MAC champ? Odds are looking good if you can get past myself and Goose, I am 0-2 in the MAC