TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Sep 14, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  3. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Coach Name: Karim Zikry
    Offensive Playbook: Tampa Bay Buccs
    Offensive Scheme: West Coast
    Defensive Playbook: Tampa Bay Buccs
    Defensive Scheme: Spread

• Like Like x 2
  4. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are proud to announce the hiring of a new Head Coach and GM, Mr.RVallee. RV has scheduled a press conference for this weekend.

Offensive Playbook - Kansas City
    Defensive Playbook - Chicago

• Like Like x 1
  5. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

Tampa Bay announces the hiring of new Head Coach/ GM, Mr. RVallee

[​IMG]

Media: Welcome to Tampa, Coach...

RV: Thank you, it's great to be here, any chance I can drive that pirate ship? (laughs)

Media: What did the Tampa organization see in you, considering you have no prior head coaching experience?

RV: Well, first, that isn't true. I've coached our high school football team to 3 straight 7 win seasons....I organize a flag football tournament every summer back in Detroit. I get the early release of Madden every year. I tried that Head Coach game but it sucked. I'm a natural born leader and I think the front office could feel that energy, and made the right choice.

Media: Any GM experience, Coach?

RV: Define GM experience. I mean, I've played Fantasy Football for the past 10 years. Hell, before everyone played it, I played it. I picked Victor Cruz off of waivers 2 years ago in a league, rode him to the playoffs. I have a keen eye for talent, and I have the NFL Network.

Media: What are your challenges moving foward with this team?

RV: Well, it is a challenge, that is for sure. A team that's had the worst record in the league the last 2 years. We have alot of guys jumping ship, no pun intended. Starting QB, #2 WR, #3 WR, guys have a bad taste in their mouth for 2 seasons of losing, and you almost can't blame them. But I'm here to turn things around, and I will.

Media: Coach, any truth to the rumors that Josh Freeman is leaving because of your hiring?

RV: (laughs...nervously) No....no. It's a coincidence, that's all. I mean, sure it's odd timing, but Josh wanted more money than we could pay him. End of story.

Media: Thoughts on the rest of your division, Coach...

RV: Very competitive, very. A tough road ahead in this one, I can see that already. Falcons won the division last season, incredibly talented team. The Panthers I believe were 10-6 also, really great squad over there. The Saints have weapons. Really my first focus here is division games, and winning those. Taking care of the division and letting everything else fall into place. Thank you....

• Like Like x 2
  6. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

Buccaneers Offseason Free Agent Signings

[​IMG]

QB Josh Freeman - 85 ovr - 5yr 37.5m/ 7.5m bonus

79 sac - 71 mac - 82 dac - 84 tor - 97 thp

Freeman walked away from the Buccs in the offseason, after learning of RV's hiring for HC/GM. So it was quite a suprise that he resigned with the team on the first day of FA. RV apparently reached out to Freeman, and the two have mended their relationship. On to the field, Freeman remains what he has been. A cannon-armed, inaccurate QB. Freeman has a ton of physical tools, that arm of course and also more mobile than you would think, what he needs is consistency and to make better, smarter throws. We'll see how the second stay in the same town goes for Freeman and the Buccs.

FB Evan Rodriguez - 74 ovr - 3yr 3.45m/ 330k bonus

83 spd - 75 acc - 82 agi - 82 cth - 79 cit - 59 rbk- 69 imp

Longtime Buccaneer FB Earnest Graham bolted for FA this offseason, so it was either FA or the draft for the Buccs at this position. Rodriguez stood out for them as a difference maker in the passing game more than the running game. Not known for his blocking so much, though he should be able in that department, Evan is a guy who can split out to the flats and even in some routes and give Freeman another option, and makes a defense have to be aware of that.

TE Martellus Bennett - 77 ovr - 4yr 12.3m/ 2.3m bonus

77 spd - 80 acc - 73 cth - 73 cit - 82 spc - 75 rbk - 77 imp

The Buccs starting TE last season was none other than Luke Stocker. No offense (literally) Luke, but that's not going to cut it. Now Bennett is no Antonio Gates or Gronk, but he is a capable starting TE, a big target in the red zone, a guy who can catch it in the middle of the field, and an excellent blocker. Whether or not the Buccs add anyone else to this crew, it's certainly an upgrade from last season.

OLB Jonathan Casillas - 76 ovr - 2yr 2.8m/ 80k bonus

87 spd - 88 acc- 75 prc - 82 pur - 64 mcv - 76 zcv

Casillas is an athletic outside linebacker, exceptionally fast, runs sideline to sideline very well, and as a bonus can cover in the passing game. He should fit right in with the current squad of linebacker's on this Tampa team, and may very well steal playing time in bunches.

FS Kurt Coleman - 73 ovr - 4yr 4.25m/ 250k bonus

84 spd - 77 zcv - 75 prc - 72 awr - 79 cth

Coleman has been the starter in Philadelphia and should add some good football here. He will immediately challenge Ahmad Black for the starting FS spot. Coleman is not a high impact player, but a solid safety who can read a play and react, plays the deep field well and will catch the ball if he gets his hands on it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

Where there is Smoke, there is ......FIRE

[​IMG]

Here is a look at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2014 NFL Draft. Overall it seemed like a well done job for new Head Coach and GM RVallee. Under tight salary cap constraints, the Buccs had to look to the draft to add not only depth to the team, but playmakers as well. Coming in RV knew he had a good solid foundation to build on, and this draft could be what puts it all together, the glue between the seams. Here's a look at the picks:

Round 1 - CB J.J. Smoke - UCF - 86 ovr

99 spd - 99 acc - 99 agi - 95 mcv - 73 zcv - 87 prc - 79 awr - 60 cth

Smoke was pretty much the consensus #1, and the Buccs had hinted all week that's who they were taking. Compared to Deion Sanders and more recently Patrick Peterson, Smoke has elite speed and agility from the cornerback position, and will most likely take over return duties as well. The sky is the limit to how good this kid can be, and almost instantly splits the field in half, as testing Smoke may end with you getting burned.

Round 2 - TE Ruckus Cage - Rutgers - 84 ovr

89 spd - 87 acc - 70 cth - 82 cit - 90 spc - 80 rte - 78 rbk - 84 ibl

Everything about Cage is a freak. From his crazy name, to being a 6'7" 255lb man that can run a 4.3 40, you can bet that Cage is going to cause some ruckus to opposing defenses. He is a dream of a TE, the speed to stretch the field any which way he wants, and a superb run blocker, it's tough to find a hole in his game. His knock out of college is that he will drop some passes and that's most likely why he's getting 2nd round money. But super value here for Tampa.

Round 3 - DE Garrett Kerridge - NC State - 71 ovr

79 spd - 90 acc - 80 pmv - 71 fmv - 79 bsh

A big position of need was DE, and they took one in Round 3. Ideally they may have been some better ones on the board, but Tampa loves speed rushers and they thought Keridge was the best available pass rusher at this point. Great acceleration and solid attributes in all 3 phases of pass rushing, Kerridge will definitely be in the mix on the defensive front.

Round 4 - WR Romonn Majors - Marist - 81 ovr

85 spd - 80 acc - 88 cth - 89 cit - 95 spc - 73 rte - 89 rls - 96 jmp

The Buccs felt they really got a steal here. Almost taking him in the 3rd, they gambled and it paid off as Majors fell to them in the 4th. A huge target with exceptional ratings, Majors could be an instant starter opposite Vincent Jackson, giving the Buccs to oak trees split out wide.

Round 4 - CB Demarius Fender - Tulsa - 70 ovr

92 spd - 86 acc - 85 mcv - 54 zcv - 85 prs - 60 prc - 54 awr

Round 4 - CB Santario Williams - Nevada - 61 ovr

93 spd - 93 acc - 70 mcv - 62 zcv - 82 prc - 10 awr

The Buccs then select 2 straight corner's. Fender is the one more likely to see playing time. He's got more experience, he's an excellent Man and Press corner, and could see him fitting in at certain points in this defense. Williams is more the athlete and may be a project/practice squad player.

Round 5 - DE Julian Shade - Portland St - 80 ovr

69 spd - 77 acc - 86 pmv - 63 fmv - 85 bsh - 85 pur - 85 prc - 85 tak - 75 awr

Shade was highly rated out of college, but bad speed and agility times at the combine dropped his stock. The Buccs take him here and get a great value out of the DE position. Shade isn't going to get you sacks, but he is a killer against the run and will be a guy that competes for a starting job along the line immediately.

Round 6 - SS Darrien McBride - Bucknell - 62 ovr

92 spd - 90 acc - 73 zcv - 93 pow - 82 cth - 70 prc - 20 awr

McBride is the classic late-round pick. All the physical tools in the world, but a guy that lacks the football know-how, or a grasp on his assignments on the field. You take these players and hope that they get it, or that you and your staff can mold this guy, to make it click with this guy. McBride has all the physical tools to excel in this league, the question is, can he be taught?

Round 7 - WR Brice Cooper - Tarleton State - 57 ovr

88 spd - 88 acc - 90 elu - 82 cth - 76 cit - 62 spc - 90 rte - 85 rls

Cooper is more than likely a special teams player, a practice squad player. His ratings are decent enough and he's an elusive player, at 5'9" he is fluid in his movements, but the Buccs expected a quicker burst and higher top speed.

Draft Grade - A-

All in all this was an excellent draft put together by RV and his Tampa Bay staff. They made 2 draft day moves to acquire 2 extra picks in this draft, and of a total of 9 players drafted, it is expected that 4 of them are Game 1 starters, and 6 are rated to be at least of good value and will contribute in some form to this team immediately.

• Like Like x 2
  8. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

released FS Black 71ovr and OLB Jackson 65ovr to make room for MLB Dwyer and FS Lefegede picked up in free agency.

released TE Stocker 66ovr to free up a bit of cap room.

9. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Signed RE Kendall Reyes