Tampa Bay Bucs

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by BRUCE80, May 25, 2011.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

QB

Josh Freeman 89
    Luke Bertrand 73
    Josh Johnson 73

RB

LeGarrette Blount 85
    Jake Carver 82
    Carnel Williams 74
    Brad Gibson 73

FB

Earnest Graham 83

WR

Mike Williams 92
    Arrelious Benn 85
    Sammy Stroughter 81
    Marquis Stuckey 70

TE

Kellen Winslow 87
    Jahmeek Stripling 70
    Ryan Purvis 70

LT

Papis Auber 90
    Donald Penn 78
    Derek Hardman 76

LG

Stehle Jones 92
    Ted Larsen 71

C

Jeremy Zuttah 82
    Jeff Faine 77

RG

Davin Joseph 88

RT

Brandon Hunt 76
    Jeremy Trublood 74
    Pershing Dickerson 71

Defense:

LE

Cliff Avril 83
    Tim Crowder 73
    Alex Mcgee 66

RE

Stylez White 80
    Jim Macko 78
    Micheal Bennett 68

DT

Gereald MCcoy 87
    Brian Price 77
    Al Woods 67
    Geoffrey Hammonds 66
    Andrew Lindsay 60

LOLB

Dekoda Watson 78
    Quincy Black 76

MLB

Barrett Rudd 88
    Grady Baruch 80

ROLB

Gino Hayes 85
    Adam Hayward 71

CB

Aqib Talib 92
    Myron Lewis 80
    Elbert Mack 71
    Oscar Justice 55

FS

Sergio Brown 88
    Cody Grimm 79
    Corey Lynch 73

SS

Sabby Piscitelli 76
    Sean Jones 72

K

Connar Barth 73

P

Kyle Larson 69

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

@BRUCE80

You basically need to make re-sign decisions on like 80% of your roster. This is about as bad of shape as I have seen as far as new members taking over teams - the Bucs have not been user controlled hardly at all so there is a lot of work to do to catch up.

I saw you posted some sort of calculations in PM, feel free to re-post that here.

In order to make sure you're not automatically in salary cap hell, we're going to need to "accelerate" some of your player re-signings to previous seasons to ensure that all 45 players that you're re-signing don't have a signing bonus that affects your cap as well.

I want you to go through your roster and designate marquee players - essentially imagine if you were GM the entire time - what players would have been re-signed already? Thats what you need to ask yourself. These players will not have a signing bonus and their contracts will be accelerated to a previous season as if they were re-signed then, instead of now.

Here is my list - let me know whether or not you agree - remember, these guys will not have a signing bonus:

HB L. Blount
    OL D. Joseph
    LB B. Ruud
    LB G. Hayes

In addition, you have rookies (well, they were once rookies, now they may be in year 2 or 3) on your roster that were never signed - these guys will also not have a signing bonus:

OL P. Auber
    OL S. Jones
    DL J. Macko
    LB G. Baruch
    S S. Brown

(let me know if I missed any actual rookies (i think QB L. Bertrand, for example, is an actual rookie this year) - he, as well as others, WILL have signing bonus's.

Now - I have went through and updated your spreadsheet highlighted in yellow every guy that is without a contract but is on your console roster (according to your post above.) You need to make 1 of 2 decisions (keep in mind everything I said above)

1. Re-sign this player (either with or without the associated signing bonus, depending on the player)
    2. Let this player go (and subsequently remove him from the console roster)

Post your signing/re-signing/release decisions here, in nicely organized lists, being sure to include the players AGE. (If a player is 30 or older, it affects his contract)

Once you have done that, I will update your sheet so you can see your final cap number before diving into FA to fill the rest of your holes.

-----I know this is complicated, and if you need some help please let me know. I personally can roll through this in about 20 minutes, but I don't know what all decisions you want made. I am pretty reasonable as far as salary cap for guys who are taking over new teams so we'll work to make sure you have some cap space to still go out and sign Free Agents. If we have to accelerate more contracts in order to get there, then we will. Don't let it overwhelm you.

3. BRUCE80

4. BRUCE80

I am cool with you running through this as if it were your team, if your ok with that.

Thank you.

5. Keller

In that case it would have to wait until I get back in town and can get to my console - basically Monday or Tuesday night. You're free to make decisions otherwise and I can keep your sheet up to date over the holiday weekend.

6. Keller

@BRUCE80

Are you still playing? Sorry I haven't gotten to this as I was out of town all weekend and forgot. I will certainly go through and take care of it but I just want to be sure you're committed to playing before I do.

7. BRUCE80

Yea, I have been waiting for this to clear up. You had made it clear that the team thread needed to be ironed out first.

8. Keller

Sorry Bruce - I'll take care of it right now.

9. Keller

Okay @BRUCE80

Marquee players that had their contracts accelerated
    HB Blount
    OL Joseph
    LB Ruud
    LB Hayes

Players re-signing
    QB J. Johnson
    FB E. Graham
    WR S. Stroughter (accelerated)
    WR M. Stuckey
    TE R. Purvis
    OL D. Hardman (accelerated)
    OL J. Zuttah (accelerated)
    DL T. Crowder
    DL S. White (accelerated)
    LB A. Hayward
    LB D. Watson (accelerated)
    LB Q. Black (accelerated
    S S. Piscitelli
    S C. Lynch

*Some players contracts were accelerated in order to avoid their signing bonus hitting your salary cap this season. This was to bring your salary cap number down to a reasonable level*

Not Re-signing (players on this list will need to be released on the console if they are in fact still on your roster - some of them may already be gone from your roster)
    HB C. Williams
    OL J. Trueblood
    OL J. Lee
    DL K. Moore
    DL A. Magee
    DL M. Bennett
    DL G. Hammonds
    DL A. Lindsay
    DL A. Woods
    LB N. Koutouvides
    LB J. Alston
    S S. Jones
    K C. Barth
    P K. Larson

*note - there are some positions you will not meet the roster minimum on - the best example is Kicker and Punter - I figure you'll want to hand pick those guys so I'm choosing to release them so you may do so. Just hit up FA and sign whichever ones you want most - just remember, as always, to post every signing in here so I can update your spreadsheet.*

I did the best I could with the information I have - I think you'll be in pretty good shape. You have some cap space to play around with if theres maybe a guy or two you want to sign from the free agency pool. Remember, right now FA is first come first serve so if you need a guy, get him - they do NOT require signing bonus' right now.

If there is a move or something that is just unacceptable, let me know, and we'll correct it. Just let me know.

As of now though your sheet is up to date - just make sure you make those changes on the console roster and don't forget to sign a new punter/kicker.

10. Keller

@BRUCE80

Have you removed the guys from the roster that I posted above? Have you signed a new kicker/punter yet? Are you okay with the moves that I made?

I saw you released OT D. Penn - I have removed him from your spreadsheet and added the cap penalties. Are there any other guys you have released or signed? You have to post every move you make in here so I can change your spreadsheet. You still have to sign a kicker and punter.

11. BRUCE80

Yes, i did ill update this thread tonight.

12. BRUCE80

Rookies:

Shanard Rigsy RG 85
    Cameron Hamilton SS 77
    Morgan Newman RE 71
    Billy Reaves DT 68
    Jaylun Haynes RB 56

Release:

Clesmie Mckenzie WR
    Corey Lynch FS
    B Gibson RB

Sign:

N Carroll
    J Franklin
    R Utley
    Roy Miller

13. Keller

Sheet updated. I did no add Rigsy yet as he will probably be traded to a CPU team as previously mentioned (I haven't had time to do it yet.)

As for the guys you are signing - free agency is not open yet - please release those players back into free agency.

Also, I have highlighted in RED players that need to be re-signed/released before Free Agency. The decision on what to do with them in entirely up to you. If you need help figuring out how they will impact your salary cap, please let me know. Also, please include the players age when you are posting who you are signing, as well as position and overall.

14. BRUCE80

Resign:

J Carver 23 RB 81 ovr
    M Williams 23 WR 82 ovr
    S Jones 25 OL 92 ovr
    J Macko 25 DE 78 ovr
    A Talib 24 CB 85 ovr
    M Lewis 22 CB 66 ovr
    C Grimm 23 S 70 ovr
    S Brown 25 S 88 ovr

15. Keller

Bruce - I meant to post the players current age and overall, lol. Give me a few minutes while I update your sheet.

16. Keller

That means you are releasing

DL S. White
    OL P. Dickers
    P K. Larson
    K C. Barth

Please remove these players from the console roster (if you cannot remove the players, sign the worst rated player at that position as a placeholder - once we start free agency, you may officially sign a player to fulfill that roster requirement and thus you can then release the placeholder player)

Sheet updated.

17. BRUCE80

Sorry I took the info direct off the sheet, I am at work so that all the info I had.

lol..!

Can you explain to me how much cap I have left? Keller

18. Keller

Just check your spreadsheet. The cap ceiling is 262 dollars - I'm not looking at your spreadsheet but you were fairly close to that.

My suggestion to you is to actually look at the NY Jets Roster Management thread so you can see what I explained to him about the intricacies of the salary cap.