TBL 2010 Season Outlook

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 4, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

TBL 2010 Season Outlook

[​IMG]

American League East​

1. New York Yankees- Their is no weakness on the defending World Series roster. With CC and Burnett anchoring the pitching rotation teams, ARod and Tex launching balls out of the stadium anything short of World Series title will be an epic failure for New York. Sound familiar?

Yankees should be aware of: Their arch-rival Boston Red Sox. After a down year by the BoSox they looked poised to giving their best friend from the Bronx a run for their money. Tampa Bay, two years removed from an AL pennant, may also give the Yanks some headaches but that's only if their stars can carry them. Toronto and Baltimore have some talent but may be a season or two before they can challenge for the division.

American League Central

1. Minnesota Twins- With a quiet but dominant pitching staff the Twins are the cream of the crop in the AL Central. With a healthy Joe Mauer the Twins have a great chance on winning 20 games this year.

Who the Twins shoud be aware of: The rest of their division. As we've seen in years past any AL Central team could get hot and take this division. One slip by the Twins and they may be sitting home come postseason time.

American League West

1. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim- The defending division champs looked poised for a repeat. The Angels' success depends on their pitching staff. If Weaver can hold his own the Angels have enough offense to carry the other starters.

Who the Angels should be aware of: Seattle Mariners. The Mariners improved their lineup drastically in the offseason with great FA pickups. If King Felix and Cliff Lee stay healthy don't be surprised if the M's are sitting on top of this division at the end of the year. And don't forget about Texas. The Rangers added some more pop in their lineup with the offseason pickup of Vlad. With Hamilton already providing pop, the AL wildcard may be a race between them and the Mariners.

Division Winners:

AL East- New York Yankees
    AL Central- Minnesota Twins
    AL West- LAA Angels
    AL Wildcard- Seattle Mariners/Texas Rangers

[​IMG]

National League East

1. Washington Nationals- A surprise pick on top of the NL East but new skipper KnighNoles has found a spark in this club and has them playing with a lot of confidence.

Who the Nats should fear: Philadelphia Phillies. With the offseason trade to grab Roy Halladay, the Phillies only need some good quality starts from their other pitchers and this lineup will carry them home. Don't be surprised if the Phils are back atop the NL East at the end of the year. The Mets may also give the Nats a run for the title but that's only if that lineup of theirs stay healthy and Johan can return to form.

National League Central

1. Saint Louis Cardinals- With the best player in baseball, Albert Pujols, and Holliday in that Cards starting lineup, St.Louis' pitching staff may be the key for a division crown. If they can keep teams under 5 runs a game their lineup should be able to do the rest.

Who the Cardinals should fear: The Chicago Cubs. Who doesn't root for the loveable losers? This year may be the year the Cubs make a serious run for a NL Pennant. If Zambrano and Soriano stay healthy the Cubs have a very good chance on ending the 'drought'.

National League West​

1. Los Angeles Dodgers- Manny Ramirez. 'Nuff said. The Dodgers potent lineup could carry them a long way. If the pitching staff can keep the ball inside the park, this lineup will hit it out of it.

Who the Dodgers should fear: Los Angeles Dodgers. They are their own enemy until proven otherwise. If the Dodgers struggle any one of their division opponents could get hot and snatch the division crown.

Division Winners:

NL East- Washington Nationals
    NL Central- St. Louis Cardinals
    NL West- Los Angeles Dodgers
    NL Wildcard- Philadelphia Phillies/Chicago Cubs

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol the cubs actually have to be able to play

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Very nice work Jerz.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Nice Work Jerzey.....its early yet so I am curious as to how it will turn out!

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thanks... honestly I suck at these things (Even though my latest one for Chaos is very accurate). I just covered up the users and records and tried to give a good prediction. Uncovered 'em and seen that I'm already behind the 8 ball, lol.

Cimmy!! What the hell are you doing with those Yanks?! You should be staring at a 20 win season easily, lol

6. jp_0988

jp_0988 Walk On

Nice work Jerzey!

7. dbackfan98

dbackfan98 Walk On

looks good jerzey. i'm have to prove you wrong tho about the nl west. :D

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah I'm hoping to prove myself wrong about that NL East. I hope Noles doesn't think I'm giving him that division without a fight, lol.