TBL League Rules (3/28/11)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Mar 28, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

GENERAL LEAGUE GUIDELINES - Read them, Know them, Play by them

1. You must have MLB 11 The Show to play in this league.​

2. You must have Yahoo Instant Messenger(YIM) to play. YIM is used to set up games, talk shit, and keep in contact with fellow members. If anyone needs to get YIM, go here to download it. http://messenger.yahoo.com/ Also there is a Forum, use it to communicate as well.​

3. Any newly inducted owner, brought in after the league begins, cannot perform any roster moves - trades or free agent acquisition, for the first 7 days. This is done to help ensure roster integrity and your commitment to the league.​

4. If you cannot handle losing one game all season long, your in the wrong league. The talent here is diverse, and some great games will be played. But if your on the losing end, and cry about it and want rules changed every time you lose - do everyone a favor and don't bother playing in TBL. This rule is, don't cry. There is no crying in baseball.​

5. Scheduled Games: We will be using a set schedule in TBL. We are currently on a three game per 7 day schedule. You schedule games with your opponent in 3 ways:​

A. Post in the Schedule Forum, simply follow the format already visible there for scheduling games. REQUIRED!!
    B. PM your opponent. If no response after a day or two max. Send a second PM and copy the commish so I know which one of the owners is attempting to schedule. Active participation is the point of all of this, if your being subbed for week in and out, you will be replaced.​
    C. Use YIM to hookup.​

6. Trading:​

a. Both teams must first agree to the trade then post a thread on the forums in the Team Management/Agreed Trades section. ALL trades will be reviewed for integrity and balance. Both teams must post that they agree to the trade. There will be a max of 2 trades allowed per season with a max of 3 players for each team in any given trade. You must also make sure you have the required depth as you wont be granted extra free agents just because you made a trade that puts you under the minimum roster requirements.​

7. Waivers: The waiver wire will be initially set in reverse order of finish from the real MLB 2010 season. The waiver wire will then change every week, based on overall league standings.​

a. Free agent pickups will be limited to THREE per season, ONE per team per week outside of injury requests. Injury requests will supercede a non-injury request as long as its of the same position. All requests for a Free Agent signing will be posted to the site for 2 days, in which time, any owner higher than you on the waiver order can claim this player over you. Free agent signings to compensate for injuries supercede all other requests and will not count againt the 3 pickup allowed. This is being done in an attempt to stop one team from stacking themselves with all highly rated free agents.​

b. Free agents, once signed, can not be traded during that season. The player may be dropped at any time, but not traded. This is done in an effort to prevent whoring of Free Agents.​

8. Enjoy the game! When you play a game in TBL, you should walk away upon completion, not feeling cheated, but happy to have played, regardless of a win or loss. Play your opponent as you would want to be played, it's simple.​
    This is your league, make it work!!

Game Play

A.
    TBL IS A TRUE BASEBALL SIMULATION LEAGUE.
    What does this mean exactly? It means that we play baseball as the game of baseball is meant to be played. Basically, show respect to your opponent, play your opponent as you would want to be played, and we will all prosper in TBL.​
    B. Policy 2 of GamePlay, ties in directly with Policy 1. The reality here is fellas, you either play a baseball sim game, or don't play a baseball sim game. There is no middle ground, gray area.​

1. Cheating is not tolerated (no quick steal, self induced lagging, or plug pulling, etc.​

2. You must remain active in the league, If you disappear and you go 1 week without contacting us or posting that you will be away for an extended period of time you are subject to removal from the league for going AWOL.​

3. TBL GOLDEN RULE: THERES NO CRYING IN BASEBALL

4. Squeeze play is acceptable as you would in normal baseball but if I hear of anyone using a squeeze play when up by more then 2 runs this will be addressed.​

5. Lagging: You should always heir to the side of someone playing with ethics​

6. No disconnecting during a game PERIOD!!! Any player disconnecting from the game deliberately will be dropped from the league PERIOD!!! If the disconnecting is caused by external reasons like internet issues, power outages, etc. becomes problematic and begins creating ongoing issues or in the event the commissioner gets multiple complaints from multiple members regarding the topic the commissioner reserves the right to drop you from the league immediately!!!​

7. Stadiums: Each team when they are the home team MUST select their current 2011 MLB home stadium. As for day, night, etc your choice.​

8. Use the entire five man pitching rotation DO NOT use same pitcher twice in a series. This is important due to new MLB 2011 the show stamina for starting pitchers.​

9. Lagging due to server overload/issues: If anyone experiences lag in a game please communicate through messaging to your opponent the issue. If both agree to quit have one send friendly quit. IMPORTANT: You have until the end of the 2nd inning to agree to lag induced quits. Please play with honesty and only send if necessary.​

10. No relief pitcher may start a game at anytime during regular season or playoffs.​

11. No starting pitcher can come in game in relief for any reason during regular season or playoffs.​

12. While pitching, give opponent time in between pitches to pinch hit, enter bullpen, etc. Balks will be turned on this year so make sure your pitcher comes set before pitching as this will hopefully cure the quick pitching issue that some had last year.​

13. Playing players out of position

Players may only play their designated positions, primary and secondary. Barring an injury and acting as an emergency replacement, no player should every be out of position. Make substitutions carefully, know your players and your bench and if you have the players to plug in before you permanently take players out.

If you put a player in a position they are not designed to play, you will be warned once.

2. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Here are the updated rules and we need everyone to READ them and SIGN OFF on them so we know you have read the league rules. Once Sony does their roster update this week we will create the online league but you wont get an invite until you have signed off on the rules here.

Jam. - CHECK
    Bradkaz96 - CHECK
    Emmdotfrisk - CHECK
    Steweey - CHECK
    BigSmooth33 - CHECK
    Pacalon - CHECK
    Bl0ndeRedHead - CHECK
    CHUNKNESS - CHECK
    xx Vols xx - CHECK
    RadarRider - CHECK
    Townie33 -
    MoonBBad - CHECK
    Papa Perry - CHECK
    OhDaesu19 - CHECK
    Riptides - CHECK
    Merenguito - CHECK
    The Parrothead - CHECK
    areedr811 - CHECK

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

@cadepetty247 - CHECK
    @broth262
    @stiff bon air
    @WilsT24

We ask the same of our waitlisted members to please read the rules of the league and sign off so you know what you are getting yourself into.

Thanks guys. We will continue to add amendments to the rules as we see fit.

4. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Good Rule set

No questions here

5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

6. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

Read and Signed

7. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Read and no problems ;)

8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I am cool with the rules. To nitpick, the only rule that I have a slight issue with is:

11. No starting pitcher can come in game in relief for any reason during regular season or playoffs.

To be completely fair, if it is playoffs (world series more importantly), and the starter is getting shelled early, or there is a really important inning there have been times in real life where the other team has put in a starter (game 7s more than likely) on short rest to come in and get the job done...

Again yes, I am nitpicking, and if the rule stays the same I don't think anyone will have an issue. But I definitely wanted to give that input. :)

9. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Read and signed, sounds good to me.

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

We'll discuss this later and report back. Thanks Moon.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Read and signed

12. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Your right, there is no crying in baseball. I always you YIM to hookup with chicks. Rules fine to me. Pretty simple compared to the football set haha

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Moon's question was the only one I had... Could see it being important in a playoff type game, like for division championship in regular season even.

Great rule set... Got it.

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

You can take me off the wait list I wont have the time to play. Thx

15. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Read and good to go.

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Read and signed

17. Pacalon

Pacalon Walk On

Read. I'm good with them.

18. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Got it!

19. Steweey

Steweey Walk On

Rules look good.

20. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Read / Signed

21. Merenguito

Merenguito Walk On

Read/Signed

22. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Read. A few questions. Thx in advance for your responses...

What exactly is the "random basis" going to be? What will the tie-breakers be for those teams with similar records?​

Also, is there a limit to the number of FA's a team acquires each week (example: 1 FA acquisition per week)? Or will teams be able to acquire their limit of three in one week? I assume there would be no per week limit for injury signings (if any per week limit at all).​

Can we request to move a player to an undesignated position if there is proof that they had played the position before? Also, can we request to move a rookie to an undesignated position if their skillset warrants the move?​

23. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Goog question Doug, You caught something that I meant to add. There is a limit of 1 FA pickup per team per week until you have reached the 3 allowed. As far as injuries go, All injury requests supercede any waiver claim and do not go against your 3 allowed. If you have 3 injuries that week yes you may pick up 3 guys as long as its of the same position of the injuries. Also as far as the waiver initial order goes it will be reverse oder of finish from the real MLB 2010 season so I apologize for the confusion. As far as tiebreakers after the 1st week that will be random according to whoever is doing the waiver order that week most likely Scikotic or myself.

Unfortunately no at this time. The game makes it to where we have no grey area. If they are eligible to play a secondary position the game will list it as 2nd pos. Also the game does list multiple secondary positions for certain people.

Hopefully this clears up the questions you may have had

24. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm just hoping I can handle WINNING one game all season long. My hitting is atrocious!

Read the rules and I'm good to go with them.

25. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Understood, thx.