****TBL LEAGUE RULES****

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, Mar 10, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

LEAGUE RULES

Saying you didnt know the rules is not acceptable

We Play MLB as close to "REAL" ball as possible!!!!

1. Cheating is not tolerated (no quick steal, self induced lagging, or plug pulling, etc.

2. You must remain active in the league, If you disappear and you go 1 week without contacting us or posting that you will be away for an extended period of time you are subject to removal from the league for going AWOL.

3. TBL GOLDEN RULE: THERES NO CRYING IN BASEBALL
    4. Don't take advantage of the (game glitch) bunt ability for a speed runner to go home from second...play as a real game NOT gamer play.

5. Squeeze play is acceptable as you would in normal baseball play and not for reasons to gain play if you could not in "real ball"

6. Lagging: You should always heir to the side of someone playing with ethics

7. No disconnecting during a game PERIOD!!! Any player disconnecting from the game deliberately will be dropped from the league PERIOD!!! If the disconnecting is caused by external reasons like internet issues, power outages, etc. becomes problematic and begins creating ongoing issues or in the event the commissioner gets multiple complaints from multiple members regarding the topic the commissioner reserves the right to drop you from the league immediately!!!

8. Stadiums: Each team when they are the home team MUST select their current 2011 MLB home stadium. As for day, night, etc your choice.

9. Use the entire five man pitching rotation DO NOT use same pitcher twice in a series. This is important due to new MLB 2011 the show stamina for starting pitchers.

10. Lagging due to server overload/issues: If anyone experiences lag in a game please communicate through messaging to your opponent the issue. If both agree to quit have one send friendly quit. IMPORTANT: You have until the end of the 2nd inning to agree to lag induced quits. Please play with honesty and only send if necessary.

11. No relief pitcher may start a game at anytime during regular season or playoffs.

12. No starting pitcher can come in game in relief for any reason during regular season or playoffs.

13. While pitching, give opponent time in between pitches to pinch hit, enter bullpen, etc. Bals will be turned on this year so make sure your pitcher comes set before pitching as this will hopefully cure the quick pitching issue that some had last year.

14. All league members must have Yahoo Messenger to communicate as well as post on the scheduling section of this forum. You must communicate with each other,and we are giving everyone plenty of ways to contact each other. So no excuses!! Its also a good idea to add all league members to your PSN friends list

15. This is what I call the Detroitrob rule! We will not tolerate complaining of any kind when it comes to an individuals style of play! Example: no complaining about how many balls some one throws in a game. Its simple, DON'T SWING!! Now if for any reason an opponent is breaking a league rule by quick pitching/stealing etc, report them to the front office and they will be dealt with accordingly. But remember that everyone has their own style of play and if you can't make the correct adjustments in game, then that is on you not your opponent. The only other thing I will say on Balls and Strikes is if you get a reputation as a dirtball/junkball pitcher you will eventually be found and wont last long here.

16. Players may only play their primary or secondary positions only. For Example Derek Jeter can not play Catcher and Albert Puljos may not play SS. Lets keep it realistic and sim.

These rules are preliminary and are subject to change at the Staff's discretion but should be pretty much common sense. Play the game the way it was intended and you wont have any problems.

2. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

For those wondering, League settings have yet to be determined but I do know the following:

Guess Pitch: OFF
    Hot Zones: OFF
    Strikezone: OFF
    Difficulty: TBD but most likely All Star

3. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Sounds good to me (y)

4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I might be in the minority, but I think balk should be off. Balks are a very rare occurrence in an MLB game and from experience they seem to happen in this game at least once a game when they are on.

My .02

5. Jam.

Trust me...I balked like 6 times in my spring training tournament game.

HOWEVER, they should definitely be on, imo. They work hard to prevent fast pitching and they are very effective at it. I balk a lot cause whenever I'm nervous I press buttons multiple times like a dumbass...so I had like 4 balks while I was winning in the top of the 9th lol.

6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Not a big fan of the balk either. But if its implemented guess everyone will just have to be really really careful - because they can ruin games.

7. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:

I think it happens too often. The guy I was playing wasn't even fast pitching and got called for 3 balks in a row, if they have it in the game they should only have it if it is super fast. But that is just me, I hate seeing 5 balks in a game when they can be prevented by just having it off and having a rule of no fast-pitching.

8. Jam.

True. I guess it could go either way..it may not be necessary in our league because if a guy is consistently fast pitching he would be caught relatively soon

9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah I agree.

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I haven't balked yet. If you are constantly balking, work on slowing down your pitch rate.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

or just wait till you come set... doh!

12. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I have yet to balk because I make sure I come set before pitching. I played Perry and papi and they both had 1 balk in the games we played but I noticed they werent coming set before they pitched. I'm actually suprised they didnt balk more. Fellas Balks will remain on unless I see it becomes a problem . Balks happen in real baseball and this is to prevent people from fast pitching while runners are on base to prevent them from taking a lead. My advice is slow it down, make sure your pitcher comes set before throwing a pitch.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

How long of seasons are you guys doing?

14. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

somewhere around 25-30 games. It all depends on what the online elague will let me do, 10 more days till I can find out lol

15. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Im game for the Balk or not, its not really a big deal in a sim league setting, or atleast I dont think it will be.

16. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I received a run because of a balk in my last game....

17. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Well thats one more run than I got in my last game lol